1st Time Solo for WDW Vet & Feeling Clueless!

melomouse

DIS Veteran
Hi -
TIA for any input on dining and park suggestions. I've been reading this topic as much as possible, and have got the 1st 2 nites of my 4 night stay in May pretty well set. 3 nights at CCV in a Studio, waitlisted for the last night and currently at BWV for the last night.
We went as a family in January after buying the DVC ticket special and lost 2 days due to snow. So I have 3 days left. I also did not see HEA or Fantasmic, my normally must-sees.
Dining at AP, MK day 2 w/ dinner at Skipper Canteen. Day 3, I'm meeting a friend and her family to do Epcot and plan on nibbling and drinking at the booths with late dinner at Monsieur Paul's. Wednesday I'm debating between DHS or another day at Epcot. Breakfast at WCC on Wednesday, moving to BWV. Or staying at CCV if waitlist comes thru.
This waitlist thing is holding me up. Have no ressies yet for Wednesday. I have a late flight out Thursday so would like to do a lunch at someplace new. Over the years, we've been to most places, tho not the more pricey or exotic restaurants because of my now-adult kids, so I wanted to try some new things this trip. I could also hang out at WL all day long and be perfectly content!

Thoughts? Changes I might consider? Input on solo dining? How silly might character breakfast be at Trattoria Al Forno if I'm still at BWV?

Thanks so much for your time!

Not silly at all! I did CRT solo and still interacted with the princesses. A very nice person at the table next to mine even offered to take photos for me.

For Wednesday you could always do a relaxing monorail resort hop. Have food and drinks at each one (especially Trader Sam’s, yum) explore, and then visit whatever park on the monorail you want!

Thank you so much! Character meal under consideration. A monorail hop sounds divine, tellemarie, and I have been eyeing Trader Sam's for years now. Maybe time to check it out since I'm not driving and I only have to pay for MY pricey drinks!!:drinking:

Thank you so much! Character meal under consideration. A monorail hop sounds divine, tellemarie, and I have been eyeing Trader Sam's for years now. Maybe time to check it out since I'm not driving and I only have to pay for MY pricey drinks!!:drinking:

If you end up going definitely try some of their appetizers as well! We had the pork tacos and they were amazing. I had the mosquito mojito for my drink and it was delicious. I NEVER finish alcoholic drinks and this one I needed a refill on!!!

Hi there! I travel to Disney solo 95% of the time and typically have no issues dining solo - in fact, sometimes I quite prefer it :laughing: I always have a book to read, but I enjoy just soaking in the atmosphere and taking it all in, too. :goodvibes What dates are you going in May? I'll be there May 14-20 myself.

I really like the CB at BC - Cape May cafe - the buffet is tiny - so much of the time the food is fresh - it something is not available when you want it - give them a few minutes and it will be.

I've always been scared to do the Whispering Canyon Cafe solo because I was under the impression it was more of an environment to be experienced with a group.

Trattoria al Forno will be great solo!

I had breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno solo and it was great! I also did Cinderella's Royal Table, Akershus, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Tusker House and Garden Grill solo and they were all a lot of fun.

As a solo, you get to do what you want, when you want and how you want. If you want to see Ariel, Eric, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider at Trattoria Al Forno, then you should do it!

I've always been scared to do the Whispering Canyon Cafe solo because I was under the impression it was more of an environment to be experienced with a group.
If you prefer no antics, just say that when you arrive. They used to have a red/green disc on the table that you could use to indicate this. It was gone during my last visit, but you can still tell them your preference.

I've never felt awkward at a WDW restaurant dining solo - the CMs are always so friendly. I haven't done a character meal solo as that is one thing my friends always want to do. I pick things I want to do but my travel buddies don't normally - the food booths are a no go for them so a must do for me at Epcot, they won't spend the money for the higher end restaurants or the parties so I do those that I've wanted to but couldn't convince the others.

I have made several solo trips to WDW. All included a character meal and usually other table service restaurants as well. It was just fine as far as interaction, or not if preferred. You can always try something once. If you don't enjoy, skip it next time. I will be there in November this year. Can't wait!

Input on solo dining? How silly might character breakfast be at Trattoria Al Forno if I'm still at BWV?

Thanks so much for your time!

Not only is it not silly, but I find that in the Epcot resort area, with so many conventions, you won't be the only solo at character meals. I've taken at least 15 solo trips, usually to BCV, but I was too reluctant to do a CB solo until about the 10th trip. Then I went to Cape May Cafe, only because it was convenient and I felt like having a big breakfast. Server was great-I got the impression that maybe she was extra-concerned that I enjoy myself solo. I didn't want a picture with the characters, and they were so nice, blowing me a kiss whenever they went by. And as I said, there were a few other solos dining, so I didn't feel alone. And as I always say, unless you bear a striking resemblance to the character(s) at the breakfast, no one will notice you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter