1st time @ Saratoga Springs

DisneyDre

Mouseketeer
Just about a month away til My husband & I will be staying at DVC Saratoga Springs in a studio. It will be our first time at this resort. I know it's a large resort, so my question is - what is a good area to request? I know requests can not always be honored, but just curious what area people enjoyed and why. I see there is The Springs, The Paddock, Congress park, The Carousel, The Grandstand. I know no matter what room we get it will be wonderful as always!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

That is such an open question, I don't know what you are looking for?

Yes it's a large resort but IMO that doesn't really matter. What do you enjoy and what are your preferences, water view, close to bus, close to food, close to Disney Springs, close to feature pool, quiet pool, other?

SSR is a condo style resort with parking next to the building. Condo style has open hallways exposed to the outside. Each building has an elevator, trash, and vending.

:earsboy: Bill

We will be there 3 nights/4 days mostly to see Christmas lights and MVMCP. I guess I would like a room that is close to the main hub/lobby of the resort. Since we will not have a car on this trip it would be nice to be close to main lobby and food locations. Another question, how long is the walk to DTD?

Congress Park is a good location, not too far from the main building and close to the walkway to Downtown. We've stayed there twice in a standard studio and really enjoyed it each time.

We will be there 3 nights/4 days mostly to see Christmas lights and MVMCP. I guess I would like a room that is close to the main hub/lobby of the resort. Since we will not have a car on this trip it would be nice to be close to main lobby and food locations. Another question, how long is the walk to DTD?

From Congress Park it is less than a half mile to DTD with the new walkway that connects to DTD near the Art of Disney. This map should give you a good idea on the location of the new bridge from SSR to DTD. The westside boats use the dock that is attached to the new walkway.

A lot of people like The Grandstand section because it is the 1st bus stop coming from the parks plus it's very close to the lobby, store and food.

The Springs section is the hub area but it is the 5th and last bus stop and has the potential of having to stand to get to the parks. There is also a ferry that takes you to DTD at that location.

We stayed in December in a 1 bedroom and were in Grandstand. We took a lot of time to explore the resort, and I would highly recommend this area. We never had trouble getting on a bus out of the resort because it is the first stop. It is also only about a 5 min walk to check-in and food. There is also a pool in this area that has a drink fountain, and looked to have a counter service option; however, it was not open when we were there. There is laundry at the pool as well.

We stayed at SSR for the first time (long time OKW owners & fans) last Dec. and chose Congress Park for the view and short walk to DTD. The walk to the Carriage House/restaurant area was short too. We're no longer interested in pools (plus it was Dec.) so that didn't factor into our decision.
Enjoy!

Is it only a certain section in grandstand that is close to main pool? We will be in a 1 br. In April and trying to decide. I had originally thought to request springs or paddock by the pool. From looking at a map it appears one grandstand building is close. Just not sure if the whole area is. Those maps can be deceiving.

We usually request Grandstand when we stay there. It is close to the main bldg. pools and it's the first stop coming and going. :thumbsup2

Is it only a certain section in grandstand that is close to main pool? We will be in a 1 br. In April and trying to decide. I had originally thought to request springs or paddock by the pool. From looking at a map it appears one grandstand building is close. Just not sure if the whole area is. Those maps can be deceiving.

Anywhere in the GS area is NOT far from the main pool.

Personally, I wouldn't mind any of the sections, except carousel. Too far from everything. We've stayed in CP, GS and the Paddocks. (Can never get into Springs!) All were very nice and not that far from the Main area. Our family really liked the Paddocks area ever since they put in the new feature pool there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter