1st time at DL

Dznefreek

It's not Magic, it's marketing . . . .
So my wife (who is not a theme park enthusiast) agreed to go to DL with me for the 35th anniversary of our first date. Dates were 9/15-9/20/2024. We flew into LAX and UBERed everywhere.
We spent 6 days/5 nights at the Hotel Lulu. It is a beach/surfing themed resort. It was a 12 minute walk to DL. We had a deluxe king suite. I personally do not believe that WDW/DL hotels are worth the money.
We spent 2 days in Disneyland 1 day in DCA, and 1 day at Newport Beach. We purchased the $83.00 per day tickets and I did purchase LLMP. Our goal was to ride as many things as possible and I must say all the DL versions of rides that are in WDW are far superior in my opinion.
I was able to get a VQ for Haunted Mansion Holiday both days. I did not purchase LLSP for Rise or Radiator Springs. Both wait times were severely overstated. RSR 60 minutes; got on in 28. Rise was 75 minutes; got on in 45. Even the Fantasyland wait times were shorter that stated.

Disneyland:
Security could use an upgrade as you still pass through one at a time.
You could enter the park early but you were held at the entrance to each land like WDW. Adventureland and Fantasyland had the biggest line.
We were able to do a total of 20 rides over the 2 days in DL thanks to LLMP. We probably waited in line for a total of less than an hour for 9 LLMP rides. Average stand-by was 35-55 minutes(except ROTR). We skipped Buzz, Start Tours, Peter Pan, and Nemo Subs. We averaged 7 hours in the park. I spoke to a CM who said it was more crowded at night.
My wife loved the Storybook Land Canal Boats.
Crowds were insane in the afternoon and especially in Fantasyland. I have never seen so many strollers and kids not even in WDW. I attribute it to the fact to DL is more compact and the weather was absolutely perfect after their recent heat wave.
We ate at Jolly Holiday Bakery and Flo’s V* Cafe in DCA. Everything else was snacks on the go.

Disney California Adventure:
Park was much more relaxed. We did 10 rides in 6 hours again thanks to LLMP.
My wife loved Soarin’ and GOTG: Mission Breakout. I have to say GOTG had the clearest screen I have ever seen on a ride. I really liked Radiator Springs Racers.

DTD:
We ate at Ballast Point, Earl of Sandwich Tavern, and Centrico.
Some construction and some closed stores.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest