• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st stay..

Lorilais_mommie

" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the
Almost a new DVC member here :yay:

Do the resort you anything if it's your 1st stay ever using your Disney points..

The reason I'm asking is my sister friend would like to rent some of our points for this year, instead of us banking them..
It works great for us as we are thinking on a cruise next year, along with a week stay using points..

My question is since we would be new members, is there anything that is given upon the 1st check in..
Welcome packed for 1st time stay, or any kind of freebies?

Or will it be check in as normal?

Thanks

Not as of December 2013. I was so so excited I told everyone we interacted with. I might as well have had a tshirt on saying "first time member!!". Everyone knew about it. People were politely congratulatory... but no gifts, confetti or special parade in our honor. (Need the rolling laughing guy... can't find him on the iPad!) ;)

Almost a new DVC member here :yay:

Do the resort you anything if it's your 1st stay ever using your Disney points.. ...My question is since we would be new members, is there anything that is given upon the 1st check in..
Welcome packed for 1st time stay, or any kind of freebies?

Or will it be check in as normal?

Thanks
As a DVC member, plan on getting nothing for free in your villa. Housekeepers have larger spaces with more to clean, so even towel animals are usually rare (might have a small one in the bathroom when you check in).

All those special treatments you may have gotten as a regular paying customer usually won't happen as a DVC member. You would be paying for your own special treatment in your dues. Unless your salesperson (and you bought direct) wants to leave you something. The TSS in the past may have given new purchasers a "thank you for purchasing" gift.

The best you can get is a clean room available when you check in.

As a DVC member, plan on getting nothing for free in your villa. Housekeepers have larger spaces with more to clean, so even towel animals are usually rare (might have a small one in the bathroom when you check in). All those special treatments you may have gotten as a regular paying customer usually won't happen as a DVC member. You would be paying for your own special treatment in your dues. Unless your salesperson (and you bought direct) wants to leave you something. The TSS in the past may have given new purchasers a "thank you for purchasing" gift. The best you can get is a clean room available when you check in.

We were not expecting anything.. Bought in for room and room only.. Altho it is a VERY nice room ;-)
just wanted to see if there was any more info packets anything we may want/need handed to you the 1st time you use your points..

Since it doesn't seem to be, I'm going rent out our 2014 points and put it toward our cruise!
:yay: we finally get to take a land and sea trip!

know that you can bank your points in to the next year and use them on a cruise in 2015 however you must also use those points in 2015 if you bank them there. If you think there is a possibility that you won't do the cruise in 2015 then that would not benefit you.

We were not expecting anything.. Bought in for room and room only.. Altho it is a VERY nice room ;-)
just wanted to see if there was any more info packets anything we may want/need handed to you the 1st time you use your points..

Since it doesn't seem to be, I'm going rent out our 2014 points and put it toward our cruise!
:yay: we finally get to take a land and sea trip!
Unlike chronic naysayers, owning DVC has been wonderful for us. While they don't do anything special upon your first check-in as a DVC member, neither have we felt disenfranchised over the past decade plus. Our rooms have been clean; CMs have been friendly and helpful; and our overall accommodations have been superb. Is there the occasional minor disappointment? Yes. But they've been just that--small hiccups in otherwise good experiences. Enjoy yourselves. ;)

We were working with a Disney sales rep at the time, this was 2009 and they were able to schedule everything we wanted in 2 months time at AKV - Kidani and Vero Beach without a problem.

Vero Beach was actually our first stay, we had an amazing seaside vacation.

At AKV - Kidani, we had an awesome room location, right off the main lobby. We received 2 towel doves to take home for our Anniversary and a congratulations card.

All of our rooms have been exceptionally clean except our one bedroom at BLT this past summer but I think it is the black furniture and the windows were dirty on the inside with kid food prints but it was nothing serious and I just wiped everything down quickly.

We have had some of the best stays we have always had a Mickey head made of towels on the bed and we usually have a butterfly towel animal at AKV that we leave for the next occupants.

We go in not expecting anything but a clean room and another wonderful stay at DVC.

We went out first DVC trip last Oct. I can't say that we got any "freebies" because of it. Go and enjoy, who knows you might get lucky!

Unlike chronic naysayers, owning DVC has been wonderful for us. While they don't do anything special upon your first check-in as a DVC member, neither have we felt disenfranchised over the past decade plus. Our rooms have been clean; CMs have been friendly and helpful; and our overall accommodations have been superb. Is there the occasional minor disappointment? Yes. But they've been just that--small hiccups in otherwise good experiences. Enjoy yourselves. ;)

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We've been members since 1999 and are extremely happy, just wish we had bought more points at that time!

I have never cruised on points, but we always get a door magnet, Christmas ornament, hats,
and other goodies when we sail - from DVC. I don't know how they know, but they do.

I have never cruised on points, but we always get a door magnet, Christmas ornament, hats, and other goodies when we sail - from DVC. I don't know how they know, but they do.
. They give us these thing for two reasons: First, we may come to one of the 'parties' on board and add on points. Second, we become walking advertisements for DVC with our baseball caps.

Noelle said:
. Second, we become walking advertisements for DVC with our baseball caps.

I will say that we've had some great CM interaction wearing those caps and we've also had the pleasure of numerous conversations with curious potential-owners. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter