• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st stay at BCV

alicia080979

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have links to a map of the BCV and Yacht and Beach Club? We have been to eat at BC before but never really explored the resort enough to know what amenities are available and how to get around. Is there a gift shop or place to refill mugs at the villas? I have read about 2 different sets of elevators and just want to get my gearings straight on where everything is in relation to SAB, Epcot path, parking lot, mug refill stations, bus stop, etc.

Thanks!

Is check in for DVC at the Beach Club front desk?

Also...any map with room numbers? We will be valeting the car each day so I am thinking that being close to the main BC building/elevator would be best for us. I know DH will want to fill his mug quite a bit and we will be spending lots of time at SAB. Any room number suggestions? We are in a studio.

Yes

Valet parking is at the front of BC, then you have to walk either backout to parking lot or through the resort to get to the villas. You will be closer to your car if you self-park near the villas.

Thanks!

Also...any map with room numbers? We will be valeting the car each day so I am thinking that being close to the main BC building/elevator would be best for us. I know DH will want to fill his mug quite a bit and we will be spending lots of time at SAB. Any room number suggestions? We are in a studio.

We LOVE the BCV, they are our home resort. I have a few thoughts for you.
The Villas are "themed" in their 1890's beach front décor. They are not the current anywhere USA Hotel elegant that the BC rooms are. Many folks feel that the Villas are not as nice as the hotel rooms. I do not agree with that but I wanted to point it out.
The Villa building is set behind and to the side of the hotel. It is very close to the self parking lot. You may find it very convenient to park yourself and enter the Villas by the secondary entrance near the second elevator. This would save the Valet fee and be very convenient for you.
Having the kitchenette is very convenient.
The mugs are filled at either the Marketplace which is just inside the BC door and is convenient to the Villas, or at Hurricane Hannah's near the pool (I believe).
If you are going to be spending lots of time at SAB and are filling mugs frequently you would want to request "Near the main elevators" for your request. Requests are hard to fill at BCV as they run at about 96% - 98% capacity.
Have a Great Stay

Does anyone have links to a map of the BCV and Yacht and Beach Club? We have been to eat at BC before but never really explored the resort enough to know what amenities are available and how to get around. Is there a gift shop or place to refill mugs at the villas? I have read about 2 different sets of elevators and just want to get my gearings straight on where everything is in relation to SAB, Epcot path, parking lot, mug refill stations, bus stop, etc.

Thanks!

Valet parking is much further from the villas than self parking. Save the money and just self park. You will be right next to the end of the villas.

But the BCV are very small, so you really aren't far from anywhere no matter where you are. There are two elevator banks in the building. One is a bit closer to the parking lot. The other is pretty much centrally located.

The villas were built on the old CM parking lot behind the BC, so you won't have any view of Stormalong Bay or the BW. But you are just a very short walk away from Epcot.

We never have a car, but last year my FIL did and we had a 2BR villa right at the end of the building. Literally the last unit. He was able to park literally steps from our door. So self parking is definitely the way to go.

As others have said, the BCV is not all that big. My only advice as to room locations is if you have a very small child (infant) that goes to bed early, ask to be on the pool side because the Epcot fireworks wake them up if you are on the "road" side. We twice have had to move because of this. Our youngest is 2, and it's much quieter on the pool side.

The refill station is in the Marketplace which is in the BC main building, but right at the end of the breezeway between the two buildings so it's a very quick walk.

While SAB is a bit of a walk, we never mind it. I love the grounds and the atmosphere at BC/BCV. It's our favorite by a long shot, we won't stay anywhere else!

We never have a car, but last year my FIL did and we had a 2BR villa right at the end of the building. Literally the last unit. He was able to park literally steps from our door. So self parking is definitely the way to go.

As others have said, the BCV is not all that big. My only advice as to room locations is if you have a very small child (infant) that goes to bed early, ask to be on the pool side because the Epcot fireworks wake them up if you are on the "road" side. We twice have had to move because of this. Our youngest is 2, and it's much quieter on the pool side. ...

Yep, the noise from the fireworks is really bad, especially if you are in one of the many villas that cannot see them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter