1st Kidani Stay-help w/ room request

peaches0313

DIS Veteran
We are booked in a savannah view studio this fall. I am reading we probably want to request Sunset savannah. I already requested at booking a high floor as we typically like a balcony and high floor. But now reading I probably DON'T want a high floor here so we can view the animals better. Also we spend a lot of time at the pool. I am reading we should also request near Rafiki elevator. Not sure how many requests I can put in (LOL), but thinking i need to at least call and switch my "high floor" request. I'm assuming the lower floors all have balconies too. Thoughts?

Number of requests is not limited, but we give no more than two to assure keeping it simple to understand and possibly meet. Understand that they usually try to meet requests in order you give them. Thus, for example, if lead request is lower floor and second one is near the pool, you will not get near the pool if lower floor request can be met only in a different area. We find both higher floor (for more panoramic view) or lower floor (for more direct view of animals) fine, and thus never make a floor request. We do consider Sunset Savanna very important and thus make it the first request, and then usally make a second location request for either near the Rafiki elevator (for easy access to the pool) or near the Timon elevator (for easy access to the bus station)

Last edited:
Number of requests is not limited, but we give no more than two to assure keeping it simple to understand and possibly meet. Understand that they usually try to meet requests in order you give them. Thus, for example, if lead request is lower floor and second one is near the pool, you will not get near the pool if lower floor request can be met only in a different area. We find both higher floor (for more panoramic view) or lower floor (for more direct view of animals) fine, and thus never make a floor request. We do consider Sunset Savanna very important and thus make it the first request, and then usally make a second location request for either near the Rafiki elevator (for easy access to the pool) or near the Timon elevator (for easy access to the bus station)
Thank you! You must have read my mind... I called and erased my high floor request, and requested Sunset Savannah 1st, then near pool. I asked about near Rafiki elevator and she acted like she didn't know what i was talking about and just put in "near pool" :)

Sometimes MS personnel know little about a resort and question requests that relevant resort prersonnel who will be trying to meet the request will completely understand. However, near pool accomplishes the same purpose.

Sometimes MS personnel know little about a resort and quesiton requests that particukar resort prersonnel meeting request swill completely understand. However, near pool accomplishes the same purpose.
Now, I'm reading they will start soft refurbs on Kidani after they finish the Jambo refurbs, but no telling when this will happen. :( We are staying in November.

What a soft refurb will likely do is take out one half of one floor from lobby area to end of a wing at one time and leave all others open until those are done, at which time, they will likely move on to the other half of the same floor and then move to another floor after that is done. It is not likely to be an issue to be concerned about even if it is still going on in Nov.

And soft refurbs are mostly painting, switching out the drapes bedding, etc. It shouldn't be major noise factor.

Also, if you without young kids, having the sunset savannah may not be a big a deal for you. There a few very nice places to sit and relax, watching the animals off the main lobby. Of course it is nice to watch from you room but if the pool section is more important to you, just know there are accessible viewing areas within the hotel itself. Jambo has even more of these lookouts if you want to travel there one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter