:)

I really don't care for the canned frosting. I think homemade is better and less expensive. We have always made this one.
Butter Frosting
1/4 cup softened butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pound confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
2-5 Tablespoons milk or cream
Just beat the butter, vanilla and sugar together and add milk until it is the spreading consistency you need. This amount should frost about 20 cupcakes
generously. Multiply by 5 for your project.
You can vary the flavor by using different flavorings instead of vanilla. I have used lemon, maple and coffee.
Deb

Fluffy White Frosting

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup white sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a saucepan, stir together the sugar, water and cream of tartar. Cook over medium-high heat until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is bubbly.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whip the egg whites and vanilla to soft peaks. Gradually add the sugar mixture while whipping constantly until stiff peaks form, about 7 to 10 minutes. Frost the cake of your choice.
-------------------------------------------------
This is really easy, even though it sounds hard! I've made it several times and it always turns out great. I think 4 batches, maybe even 3 would cover 100 cupcakes. Sprinkle on colorful sugar or sprinkles when they are still
wet-ish and they look great! It's cheap too!

Katy

If you have to use canned frosting, it will cover about 24 cupcakes. To make it stretch farther, put it in the mixer and whip it, then it will be lighter and go a little further. Happy Baking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter