1820 society

Sillysox

Mouseketeer
I have a 19 year old and a 21 year old that will be going on our next cruise. I've heard of the 1820 society, I'm wondering if they are strict about ages? My 19 yr old might possibly be interested in joining, but almost definitely only if his 21 yr old sister is able to join as well. To be honest I suspect my 21 yr old may actually have more interest in it than the 19 year old, but that's beside the point. Anyone able to comment?

My nieces experience (this was pre-CoVid so not as recent) was that it was wide open. It was a general meet here at X time and had a counselor to get things started. However it wasn’t an organized checking of KTTW or IDs. Most of their activities were going to adult shows/bars and sitting together.

I have a 19 year old and a 21 year old that will be going on our next cruise. I've heard of the 1820 society, I'm wondering if they are strict about ages? My 19 yr old might possibly be interested in joining, but almost definitely only if his 21 yr old sister is able to join as well. To be honest I suspect my 21 yr old may actually have more interest in it than the 19 year old, but that's beside the point. Anyone able to comment?
I don't know how it works with the 1820 society, but with the other kid's clubs, you can't attend a club that you're too old for.

That said, if the 1820 society is attending something in an adult only area, unless it's been reserved just for them, certainly a 21 year old could be in the same area.

As PrincessShmoo said, if the meet is in an open area, the area will be open to anyone allowed in the area.

The only issue I can think of is that DCL might discourage someone 21 or up from ordering alcoholic beverages while with the 1820 Society group, to prevent sharing.

No, they do not strictly enforce the age range, specifically being a bit older. My kids have participated in 1820 events in the past and were older than 21 (they had siblings younger than 21 attending). My older kids would usually show up to the 1820 when the group met at Sweet on You or Cove Cafe :-)

The only thing that could raise issues is during activities that DCL pays for (bikes on Castaway, drinks at Cove Cafe, snacks at Sweet on You) if the CM realizes that someone is over 20, they may ask them to pay for themself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter