1 day until I can make my FP+; thoughts on skipping FoP

Yeah it wasn't a fun experience. DH and I don't have kids and it was our niece's first trip to Disney.

We had a similar experience but with Coral Reef. It was our friend's birthday and it was back when Coral Reef made personalized menus....anyway had it all set up and they dropped the ball totally did not even have our reservation! Thankfully I had the emails but still...I had heard so many wonderful things and it was a let down. Of course every restaurant has an off day but this was enough for us to not try it again. Thankfully most people seem to enjoy it so we didn't hurt their business. LOL.

Now I am 12 days away from making my FP+! :hyper: I have decided to put DH in charge of FOP and I will do the rest. Of course he will be right next to me so I am not letting go of too much control. :blush:

We had a similar experience but with Coral Reef. It was our friend's birthday and it was back when Coral Reef made personalized menus....anyway had it all set up and they dropped the ball totally did not even have our reservation! Thankfully I had the emails but still...I had heard so many wonderful things and it was a let down. Of course every restaurant has an off day but this was enough for us to not try it again. Thankfully most people seem to enjoy it so we didn't hurt their business. LOL.

Now I am 12 days away from making my FP+! :hyper: I have decided to put DH in charge of FOP and I will do the rest. Of course he will be right next to me so I am not letting go of too much control. :blush:
We considered Coral Reef on our last trip, but ended up going to Teppan Edo instead.

Good luck on your FPs!!! Are you trying for Slinky Dog, too? I can't remember.

We considered Coral Reef on our last trip, but ended up going to Teppan Edo instead.

Good luck on your FPs!!! Are you trying for Slinky Dog, too? I can't remember.

Thanks! Yes I think so....DH thinks its going to be a kiddie coaster and isn't interested really in any of Toy Story Land but I am going to try. I am most interested in RnR and ToT in DHS but would like to ride Slinky once. We have TSMM in DCA so thats not a must at all.

How was Teppan Edo?

Thanks! Yes I think so....DH thinks its going to be a kiddie coaster and isn't interested really in any of Toy Story Land but I am going to try. I am most interested in RnR and ToT in DHS but would like to ride Slinky once. We have TSMM in DCA so thats not a must at all.

How was Teppan Edo?
I can't wait to ride Slinky Dog. Dh and I aren't impressed with 7dmt so it'll be nice to try a new coaster, even if it doesn't have any loops lol. T, bMM is alright, but we wouldn't waste a FP on it or wait very long. Last trip we got in line right as they were closing it off for the night. We maybe waited about 5-10 minutes.

Teppan Edo was decent, but nothing special. We just tried our local hibachi for the first time and it was basically the same and only cost $13 per person.

I can't wait to ride Slinky Dog. Dh and I aren't impressed with 7dmt so it'll be nice to try a new coaster, even if it doesn't have any loops lol. T, bMM is alright, but we wouldn't waste a FP on it or wait very long. Last trip we got in line right as they were closing it off for the night. We maybe waited about 5-10 minutes.

Teppan Edo was decent, but nothing special. We just tried our local hibachi for the first time and it was basically the same and only cost $13 per person.

I have heard mixed reviews on 7DMT. Its like my kids with Radiator Spring Racers here in DCA. I love it and they think its so-so. They'd much rather ride Space or BTMRR. I am excited to ride Slinky as well. DH isn't all that interested in either. He's not disinterred necessarily but he'll be fine either way.

Teppan looks good but like you said, nothing special.

:hyper: 10 days now.

I have heard mixed reviews on 7DMT. Its like my kids with Radiator Spring Racers here in DCA. I love it and they think its so-so. They'd much rather ride Space or BTMRR. I am excited to ride Slinky as well. DH isn't all that interested in either. He's not disinterred necessarily but he'll be fine either way.

Teppan looks good but like you said, nothing special.

:hyper: 10 days now.
We are more like your kids lol. We love Space and BTMRR so 7DMT is so boring for us. I just like anything new to try so I'm excited to see and try Toy Story Land.

We are more like your kids lol. We love Space and BTMRR so 7DMT is so boring for us. I just like anything new to try so I'm excited to see and try Toy Story Land.

I watched a Youtube video of Slinky last night. It looks pretty mild but I am looking forward to trying it. I think it'll be a one and done though. I won't stress about getting FPs for it though.

We love Space too! It's such a blast.

I watched a Youtube video of Slinky last night. It looks pretty mild but I am looking forward to trying it. I think it'll be a one and done though. I won't stress about getting FPs for it though.

We love Space too! It's such a blast.
I'm looking forward to Slinky also. I'm not sure if we will try the Alien Saucers or not. I guess it depends how busy it will be. I could see it having a pretty long line so if we can't get a same day FP for it we may not ride it and will just watch instead.

I'm looking forward to Slinky also. I'm not sure if we will try the Alien Saucers or not. I guess it depends how busy it will be. I could see it having a pretty long line so if we can't get a same day FP for it we may not ride it and will just watch instead.

Aliens will be a slow loader if its like Towmater's Tractor Pull in DCA. Its a cute ride but not a must-do for us anyway.

8 days!!! :hyper: Thank you for planning and chatting with me and making the time enjoyable. :flower3:

Aliens will be a slow loader if its like Towmater's Tractor Pull in DCA. Its a cute ride but not a must-do for us anyway.

8 days!!! :hyper: Thank you for planning and chatting with me and making the time enjoyable. :flower3:
No problem! Let me know how it goes!

What day in your trip are you trying to get FOP again?

Preferably the second. :sad: ;)

I love our ADRs and plans the other days. AK is DH's favorite park so I want that to be our first park day. Worst case, we stand in line at closing.

I could try for arrival day but we were not planning on any parks that day. I could also try for the day we leave in the morning which is day 6. Ugh. LOL>

Preferably the second. :sad: ;)

I love our ADRs and plans the other days. AK is DH's favorite park so I want that to be our first park day. Worst case, we stand in line at closing.

I could try for arrival day but we were not planning on any parks that day. I could also try for the day we leave in the morning which is day 6. Ugh. LOL>
You may be able to get something for your AK day. I wouldn't try arrival day, though. Last resort you could do it at park close like you said.

I am thinking it'll be a last resort sorta thing........
I was nervous and thought we would have to resort to that too, but we were able to get a FP for FOP. I think if you don't get it at 60 days to check once a day and then the week before your trip check like crazy because people switch plans a lot last minute. I've also heard to check at 30 days since that is when package payments are due and some people end up canceling.

I was nervous and thought we would have to resort to that too, but we were able to get a FP for FOP. I think if you don't get it at 60 days to check once a day and then the week before your trip check like crazy because people switch plans a lot last minute. I've also heard to check at 30 days since that is when package payments are due and some people end up canceling.

Both great tips, I hadn't thought about either one. :thanks: Glad you ended up getting a FP for FoP. I swear I can't believe I am allowing such a little thing take up so much space in my head. LOL. :crazy:

Both great tips, I hadn't thought about either one. :thanks: Glad you ended up getting a FP for FoP. I swear I can't believe I am allowing such a little thing take up so much space in my head. LOL. :crazy:
I was able to get a 5:40 pm time which was not ideal. Then a little while later (a week maybe?) they added an hour to the park hours in the morning. I was stalking the FP thread for FOP for awhile and one morning checked my phone to see they had added FPs for that first hour. Definitely check if park hours change because they will add FPs.

I was able to get a 5:40 pm time which was not ideal. Then a little while later (a week maybe?) they added an hour to the park hours in the morning. I was stalking the FP thread for FOP for awhile and one morning checked my phone to see they had added FPs for that first hour. Definitely check if park hours change because they will add FPs.

That's great; even your original of 5:40 doesn't sound bad. Glad you were able to change it though.

I spent the better part of last night practicing my FP+ skills, trying to get familiar with the site. June 19 had everything, even FoP and 7DMT.

I'll definitely keep an eye on any FoP threads as well as the site. I imagine if I don't get what I want, I will stalk daily. :blush:

That's great; even your original of 5:40 doesn't sound bad. Glad you were able to change it though.

I spent the better part of last night practicing my FP+ skills, trying to get familiar with the site. June 19 had everything, even FoP and 7DMT.

I'll definitely keep an eye on any FoP threads as well as the site. I imagine if I don't get what I want, I will stalk daily. :blush:
4 days to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter