1 day until I can make my FP+; thoughts on skipping FoP

:lmao: Its the one we have viable no FP option for. We are not planning on opening or closing MK or DHS.

Just booked mine today and was easily able to get FOP at 60+1 and 60+5. And slinky dog at 60+3. So there's really no point in not trying

Really?! Thats excellent news. :woohoo: Can you send some of your good luck my way?

Luckily, the Cobb salad at the lounge is pretty small, smaller than the appetizer portion in the restaurant. So, you don't have to share if you don't want to:)

We prefer to share; it gives us the ability to try more things as well as not stuff ourselves silly. :)

:lmao: Its the one we have viable no FP option for. We are not planning on opening or closing MK or DHS.

Really?! Thats excellent news. :woohoo: Can you send some of your good luck my way?

We prefer to share; it gives us the ability to try more things as well as not stuff ourselves silly. :)
You’re not opening or closing mk? Those are the best times to be there! lol

You’re not opening or closing mk? Those are the best times to be there! lol

We aren’t planning on either. We’re going for our 25th wedding anniversary, no kids, lots of food and drinks. :blush: We may return to MK for evening EMH but it really depends on how we feel after dinner.

So true. We open parks, we close parks. We go take a nap in between.:D

That’s typically how we tour but not this trip. Maybe we’ll change our minds when we get there. Our laundry list of must do rides is not all that long as of now. We haven’t been in 6 years.

We aren’t planning on either. We’re going for our 25th wedding anniversary, no kids, lots of food and drinks. :blush: We may return to MK for evening EMH but it really depends on how we feel after dinner.

That’s typically how we tour but not this trip. Maybe we’ll change our minds when we get there. Our laundry list of must do rides is not all that long as of now. We haven’t been in 6 years.
If you can try to at least go for evening EMH I would! MK is my favorite at night. We like to just walk around and take in the sights. It's also fun to get on rides when fireworks are going off.

If you can try to at least go for evening EMH I would! MK is my favorite at night. We like to just walk around and take in the sights. It's also fun to get on rides when fireworks are going off.

We do this at Disneyland quite often as we live super close. I love it at night; its the best time to be there. I am looking at our MK day to see what I can move around. :upsidedow

I always advise to get tickets even for arrival and/or departure day, of course this depends on your flight or arrival times, but even if you get to orlando early afternoon you can hop to a park -- hit 3 FP rides and leave. Once you start adding park days on they get less expensive but you get the advantage of 3 extra FP for each day you add and that might make planning your full park days much easier. Just a thought.

We have a November trip planned but for only 4 nights. My plan is to get 5 days of tickets so that we can hit a park on arrival day (taking an early flight and arriving by 10am) and on our departure day we will hit a park and again on this end hoping for a really late flight 8 or 9pm so that we can hit a park for most of the day. a trip to WDW isn't like most vacations -- there is so much to do and see that you really have to maximize your time there to get a lot done.

We are in the other direction - 4 nights but only 2 days of park tickets with a purchase of MNSSHP tickets for one evening. We do the pool. We explore other resorts. We *might* go to Disney Springs, but it is not a priority. 4 nights is our longest in a while, we usually do 3. For us (and that is the kicker) we are able to see the old favorites, relax, see a few new things (MNSSHP!!!), and not be exhausted. It is a vacation, not a trip. It's part of what makes Disney great - so many folks can enjoy it and have the experience they want - and they all be different.

FoP is a better ride than SDMT or SDD (haven’t ridden the latter yet, but I feel pretty confident in saying that as it is just a short roller coaster that happens to be new and themed to Toy Story) FoP blew my mind when I first rode it. Someone in my row said “that was the greatest thing I’ve ever done”. I was grinning like a fool for an hour afterwards, it’s that good. Prioritize FoP then go for the coasters. Oh, and Tusker has gone downhill in my opinion. Unless the character meets are important to you, change it for Boma or lunch at Tiffins if you’re feeling like treatin yo self!

FoP is a better ride than SDMT or SDD (haven’t ridden the latter yet, but I feel pretty confident in saying that as it is just a short roller coaster that happens to be new and themed to Toy Story) FoP blew my mind when I first rode it. Someone in my row said “that was the greatest thing I’ve ever done”. I was grinning like a fool for an hour afterwards, it’s that good. Prioritize FoP then go for the coasters. Oh, and Tusker has gone downhill in my opinion. Unless the character meets are important to you, change it for Boma or lunch at Tiffins if you’re feeling like treatin yo self!
I completely agree with you about Tusker House. We just tried it in March for the first time and were not impressed. We won't be going back.

We are in the other direction - 4 nights but only 2 days of park tickets with a purchase of MNSSHP tickets for one evening. We do the pool. We explore other resorts. We *might* go to Disney Springs, but it is not a priority. 4 nights is our longest in a while, we usually do 3. For us (and that is the kicker) we are able to see the old favorites, relax, see a few new things (MNSSHP!!!), and not be exhausted. It is a vacation, not a trip. It's part of what makes Disney great - so many folks can enjoy it and have the experience they want - and they all be different.

I totally agree with this line of thinking; it is a vacation and thats why we aren't rope dropping. If the kids were with us then sure but not with DH and myself. I love that theres not one right way to enjoy Disney.

The characters are not important; I mean we like them and having them at Tusker House is a bonus. I have not seen any bad reviews up until now.

Boma is wonderful! The night before we are dining at Jiko. Are Tiffins and Jiko similar?

I completely agree with you about Tusker House. We just tried it in March for the first time and were not impressed. We won't be going back.

Really? What happened?

I totally agree with this line of thinking; it is a vacation and thats why we aren't rope dropping. If the kids were with us then sure but not with DH and myself. I love that theres not one right way to enjoy Disney.

The characters are not important; I mean we like them and having them at Tusker House is a bonus. I have not seen any bad reviews up until now.

Boma is wonderful! The night before we are dining at Jiko. Are Tiffins and Jiko similar?

Really? What happened?

I've never been to Jiko, but Tiffins was my favorite meal of our last trip. Just wonderful food and a nice midday break as AK gets really hot but we didn't want to go all the way back to our hotel since it was far from AK. We loved Tusker on our first visit but the quality of the food dropped a lot in the 1.5 years between visits so we skipped it last trip. And they always take forever to seat you at lunch, I've never waited for less than 30 minutes, and it's outside in the heat.

I did FP+ this weekend for a July vacation, and had no problem getting 7DMT, Slinky Dog Dash, Frozen Ever After, and Flight of Passage for the group. At the times I wanted, too.

The order I did them in was
  1. Flight of Passage (day #5 of their trip)
  2. Frozen Ever After (day #4 of their trip)
  3. 7DMT (day #2 of their trip)
  4. Slinky Dog Dash (day #7 of their trip)
Then I went and filled in the other preferred attractions. Maybe I was just lucky, but other than the FP+ system conking out on me multiple times, the process was easy.

I've never been to Jiko, but Tiffins was my favorite meal of our last trip. Just wonderful food and a nice midday break as AK gets really hot but we didn't want to go all the way back to our hotel since it was far from AK. We loved Tusker on our first visit but the quality of the food dropped a lot in the 1.5 years between visits so we skipped it last trip. And they always take forever to seat you at lunch, I've never waited for less than 30 minutes, and it's outside in the heat.

Tiffins menu does look good. I think I will wait to decide once we get our FPs before I make any reservation changes. We have 10:35 reservations for Tusker so more brunch.

I did FP+ this weekend for a July vacation, and had no problem getting 7DMT, Slinky Dog Dash, Frozen Ever After, and Flight of Passage for the group. At the times I wanted, too.

The order I did them in was
  1. Flight of Passage (day #5 of their trip)
  2. Frozen Ever After (day #4 of their trip)
  3. 7DMT (day #2 of their trip)
  4. Slinky Dog Dash (day #7 of their trip)
Then I went and filled in the other preferred attractions. Maybe I was just lucky, but other than the FP+ system conking out on me multiple times, the process was easy.

:woohoo: pixiedust: Thats awesome! I hope we have such luck. AK is our Day 1 though......

Really? What happened?
It all started out kind of bad because we didn't get into the restaurant until about 40 minutes after our ADR. Then, none of us were impressed with the food options. For the most part, it was just normal breakfast options. We were on the dining plan otherwise I would've been upset paying that for the experience we got. We also had to wait a really long time for any characters to come around and didn't even get to meet Goofy because we didn't want to wait any longer (we had already waited well over an hour and a half in the restaurant without seeing him). Our 9 yo niece said it was too loud in there and she got a headache. It was just a whole mix of things so we won't be back.

It all started out kind of bad because we didn't get into the restaurant until about 40 minutes after our ADR. Then, none of us were impressed with the food options. For the most part, it was just normal breakfast options. We were on the dining plan otherwise I would've been upset paying that for the experience we got. We also had to wait a really long time for any characters to come around and didn't even get to meet Goofy because we didn't want to wait any longer (we had already waited well over an hour and a half in the restaurant without seeing him). Our 9 yo niece said it was too loud in there and she got a headache. It was just a whole mix of things so we won't be back.

Ugh that is terrible. That’s a long time to wait especially with kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter