1 day until I can make my FP+; thoughts on skipping FoP

We don't have parks planned the day we arrive or the day we leave. I suppose they could be options. I am not a great traveler (nerves) so doing anything major on departure day stresses me out. I like to be places, I don't like to get places if that makes sense. :crazy:
I always advise to get tickets even for arrival and/or departure day, of course this depends on your flight or arrival times, but even if you get to orlando early afternoon you can hop to a park -- hit 3 FP rides and leave. Once you start adding park days on they get less expensive but you get the advantage of 3 extra FP for each day you add and that might make planning your full park days much easier. Just a thought.

We have a November trip planned but for only 4 nights. My plan is to get 5 days of tickets so that we can hit a park on arrival day (taking an early flight and arriving by 10am) and on our departure day we will hit a park and again on this end hoping for a really late flight 8 or 9pm so that we can hit a park for most of the day. a trip to WDW isn't like most vacations -- there is so much to do and see that you really have to maximize your time there to get a lot done.

I always advise to get tickets even for arrival and/or departure day, of course this depends on your flight or arrival times, but even if you get to orlando early afternoon you can hop to a park -- hit 3 FP rides and leave. Once you start adding park days on they get less expensive but you get the advantage of 3 extra FP for each day you add and that might make planning your full park days much easier. Just a thought.

We have a November trip planned but for only 4 nights. My plan is to get 5 days of tickets so that we can hit a park on arrival day (taking an early flight and arriving by 10am) and on our departure day we will hit a park and again on this end hoping for a really late flight 8 or 9pm so that we can hit a park for most of the day. a trip to WDW isn't like most vacations -- there is so much to do and see that you really have to maximize your time there to get a lot done.

Sounds like a great plan!

We are flying a red eye and arrive at 6:30 am to MCO so we technically have all day. Having said that we have reservations for Brunch at the Top at 10 am; staying at AKV. I'm figuring it'll take 60-90 minutes to get there from the airport and I am not expecting our villa to be ready.

We also have Jiko reservations for dinner 6:30. In between we were going to relax by the pool, bottomless mimosas at breakfast ;) and chill at AKV/L. However it might be worth going to AK if we could get a FP for FoP. I hear its really difficult on the first day of your trip.

Our departing flight is 6 pm. We have 4 full park days without going on arrival and departure day.

I can make our FP+ in 18 days. :hyper: We are planning on staying until close on our AK day. We have an ADR for Tusker House at 10:35 am that day and as of now AK closes at 9 pm. I am thinking about bagging trying to get a FoP FP+, concentrating on 7DMT and Slinky Dog (for our other park days), and just riding FoP near park closing. Thoughts? I doubt we will arrive much before our ADR; AK's hours are 9a-9p.

The other breakfast option would be to cancel Tusker House and eat at Boma; we are staying at AKV- Kidani. I don't think we will arrive to the park any earlier though.

The morning rope drop mania sounds totally unenjoyable to me. :scared:

We have APs so we could hop but I am not a huge fan of park hopping at WDW; its so much easier at the Disneyland Resort and I guess we are spoiled by that. I have planned a day at each park with a nice later evening dinner/drinks. No rope drops but our lists of must do rides doesn't seem all that long.

If I skip trying to obtain FoP FP+ in AK, which 3 should I try for? Na'vi River, EE, and ?

I know this will make for a very long day but it'll just be DH and myself. Dinner plans include the Nomad Lounge and we have an ADR at Yak n Yeti as well.

There have been several recent reports of 20-30 minute waits for FoP near the end of the day. The shortest wait i’ve seen recently was 16 minutes a couple of weeks ago.

The 2 hour waits are in the mornng, not at night.

There have been several recent reports of 20-30 minute waits for FoP near the end of the day. The shortest wait i’ve seen recently was 16 minutes a couple of weeks ago.

The 2 hour waits are in the mornng, not at night.

:worship: This is good news. Thank you for sharing it. That would be ideal!

No but thats a great idea. DH's CM AP was a pain to link; I can just imagine him having his own. LOL. Plus we are west coast so thats what, 4 am to book FP+.

Oh yes for sure. After we get what we want so to speak, I am sure I'll stalk MDE hourly. :blush: I've woken up twice in a panic thinking I missed FP+ morning. Pathetic.

The line is constantly moving? I know very little about the ride. Good info, thanks!

I forgot about Frozen being hard to get.......glad to know 7DMT is not that difficult to get. I think what has me sorta stressed planning on no rope drops and no parks after dinner/drinks aside from our AK day. I guess I can modify w=once we get our FPs but I am really happy with our dining plans.

DHS is the last day of our trip, AK first, then Epcot, then MK. We don't have parks planned the day we arrive or the day we leave. I suppose they could be options. I am not a great traveler (nerves) so doing anything major on departure day stresses me out. I like to be places, I don't like to get places if that makes sense. :crazy:

Thats sort of what I was counting on with FoP; going at the end, hoping for inflated wait times. Disneyland does it too; can't say I blame them really.
You don’t have to have your own accounts. You can log into the same account.

Toy Story Land opening may pull more people from Animal Kingdom, so hopefully things will improve there.

I sure hope so. DHS is our least favorite park; weird I know. I am hoping to love this trip. Now that I know about the Brown Derby Lounge as well as being able to ride Tower again (our beloved DCA has Guardians which is amazing but we will miss Tower) , and the addition of a new land, hopefully it'll be a full park day.

Just keep in mind that the posted waits are intentionally inflated at night to discourage late riders.

I checked FoP a couple of times last week and the posted wait was generally 3 times the actual wait over the last hour or so of operation.

::yes:: We will take note. Disneyland does the same thing. I get wanting to go home but......

Really? I didn't know that. I will see if I can convince him to wake up at 4 am.

Thanks again everyone! I appreciate all the feedback and help.

My husband doesn't have his own account. He uses my login to open MDE on his phone or his computer. We do that with Touring Plans Line app as well. We haven't actually tried getting FP+ or dining reservations at the same time though, and I usually do all of the reserving on my laptop.

I sure hope so. DHS is our least favorite park; weird I know. I am hoping to love this trip. Now that I know about the Brown Derby Lounge as well as being able to ride Tower again (our beloved DCA has Guardians which is amazing but we will miss Tower) , and the addition of a new land, hopefully it'll be a full park day.

Brown Derby Lounge is so good. We don't usually eat there or at the restaurant though, because our son doesn't like the food. He's a very picky eater. I am thinking about eating at the lounge the Friday before Thanksgiving. I am going early for the Destination D convention and will have Friday all to myself. My husband and son are going to go to DHS on one of the convention days, so I might not get there unless I go by myself. But it gives me a great excuse to eat at the lounge. If it's a busy time of year, get there before they open at noon, since it's first come/first serve.

::yes:: We will take note. Disneyland does the same thing. I get wanting to go home but......

Really? I didn't know that. I will see if I can convince him to wake up at 4 am.

Thanks again everyone! I appreciate all the feedback and help.
It's super easy! We just both make sure we are logged in right before our FP booking time and make sure we know who is getting what. It works really well and you can get two things done at once!

My husband doesn't have his own account. He uses my login to open MDE on his phone or his computer. We do that with Touring Plans Line app as well. We haven't actually tried getting FP+ or dining reservations at the same time though, and I usually do all of the reserving on my laptop.
It was essential for our last trip we took. DH and I were both on the second we were able to book FP and I was only able to get a 5:40 pm FP for FOP on day 60+3. I was eventually able to change it, but I would've sat there messing with that for awhile if I had done it by myself. Instead, while I was fooling with that DH was able to make all of our other FPs.

Hmmm.....Ok! Well we have a laptop and desk top. He's going to need a tutorial for sure.

Brown Derby Lounge is so good. We don't usually eat there or at the restaurant though, because our son doesn't like the food. He's a very picky eater. I am thinking about eating at the lounge the Friday before Thanksgiving. I am going early for the Destination D convention and will have Friday all to myself. My husband and son are going to go to DHS on one of the convention days, so I might not get there unless I go by myself. But it gives me a great excuse to eat at the lounge. If it's a busy time of year, get there before they open at noon, since it's first come/first serve.

I think the lounge looks awesome! DH is going to have to suffer through sharing a Cobb salad with me. ;)

Whatever you decide, do not miss FOP!

:hyper: Thats the goal, to not miss FOP but at the same time remaining sane. LOL!

It's super easy! We just both make sure we are logged in right before our FP booking time and make sure we know who is getting what. It works really well and you can get two things done at once!

This is a great idea! He will need a tutorial for sure. I have been making pretend FP+ for a few weeks now. :blush:

It was essential for our last trip we took. DH and I were both on the second we were able to book FP and I was only able to get a 5:40 pm FP for FOP on day 60+3. I was eventually able to change it, but I would've sat there messing with that for awhile if I had done it by myself. Instead, while I was fooling with that DH was able to make all of our other FPs.

So did you do that; just tell him what day to look for which FP? Luckily we will be next to each other as it'll be 4 am. I am eagle eye what he's doing. :lmao:

Hmmm.....Ok! Well we have a laptop and desk top. He's going to need a tutorial for sure.

I think the lounge looks awesome! DH is going to have to suffer through sharing a Cobb salad with me. ;)

:hyper: Thats the goal, to not miss FOP but at the same time remaining sane. LOL!

This is a great idea! He will need a tutorial for sure. I have been making pretend FP+ for a few weeks now. :blush:

So did you do that; just tell him what day to look for which FP? Luckily we will be next to each other as it'll be 4 am. I am eagle eye what he's doing. :lmao:
I literally wrote down what I wanted him to try and get lol. I put the days and times and what order to make the FPs in. I plan all of our trips, but it was nice to have him get some FPs at the same time.

I literally wrote down what I wanted him to try and get lol. I put the days and times and what order to make the FPs in. I plan all of our trips, but it was nice to have him get some FPs at the same time.

That's exactly what I am going to do. I kind of want to put him in charge of FOP. pirate:

Just booked mine today and was easily able to get FOP at 60+1 and 60+5. And slinky dog at 60+3. So there's really no point in not trying

Luckily, the Cobb salad at the lounge is pretty small, smaller than the appetizer portion in the restaurant. So, you don't have to share if you don't want to:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter