10/3 Crystal Palace Dinner Review

JC Butterfly

DIS Veteran
Brenda (29), Janet (30), and Heidi (29) dined here before enjoying Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party.

with a priority seating we had to wait about 15 minutes. The ambience of this restaurant is quite beautiful with all the white and windows, the topiaries of Pooh and friends.

The buffet is set-up quite well although I'm generally not a buffet fan. The food was mostly hot and fresh although they weren't always that quick to replenish it.

The characters were slow to come around and they didn't stick around long, barely enough to get a photo. Might be because we are all adults, not sure. But we were even in costume that night!

We did have a great time talking with our fellow diners and several people took our picture. I was dressed as Minnie Mouse, Janet as the Devil, and Heidi as a Nun (they were my conscience). so we had an overall enjoyable time.

I would come back for the desserts: tiramisu, cheesecake, red velvet cake, apple cobbler, ice cream, etc. I think that I had at least one "course" of desserts.

Service was very good. Janet really wanted to meet Tigger and we had to stay about an hour and a half in order to meet all the characters (if we would have met him sooner we could have left sooner).

If Pooh and friends are your thing, this is a wonderful place to go. If you are looking for wonderful food, you may want to look elsewhere.

Omigod! I saw you guys enter MK! I worked there that day and had just gotten off and decided to go to Main Street and see what kinda costumes the people coming for the party were wearing. I sat by the Emporium people watching for almost an hour, and I distinctly remember spotting a Minnie with a devil and a nun! :)

Sorry about the characters being so slow to get to you at CP. The resturant is so big that it's tough for them to make it all the way around. They are told to go really fast. If I had been among them, though, I definately would have fussed over the costumes! I was "really close" with Pooh at CP breakfast that morning.

My tip for those wanting the most interaction with characters is try to be either among the first sat or among the last to leave.

AngieBelle:
are you "belle"?
do you know where can i take picture with yellow dress belle?
i really love that...

Belle? Oh, no- I wish! I don't do any face roles so far.

Belle poses in her yellow dress at Disneyland all the time. As for Florida, only on special occassions. She wears it in the castle show though.

Thanks for your review. I hope to visit CP on my next trip and say "hi" to one of my favorite chatters......Hi AngieBelle :wave2:

Originally posted by AngieBelle
I was "really close" with Pooh at CP breakfast that morning.

Hi AngieBelle! Are you ever "really close" with Pooh at CP for dinner, or just breakfast? We'll be having dinner at CP before MVMCP in December so I was just wondering. :D

Goodness, I didn't mean to hijack the thread!
Hi Monte. :)
I haven't had a dinner shift at CP in a long time, but it's always possible. I'm in the character pool, which means that they schedule me wherever they need me- any park or resort any given time. Lately, they seem to like putting me at CP. I just finished 4 days straight of doing the breakfast shift!

It's such torture to smell those yummy waffles in the mornings and not being allowed to have a crumb! I've gotta come to breakfast there as a guest one day! Everything looks so tasty.

Thanks for the reviews. We have a ps for breakfast and dinner in Dec. We can't wait to see pooh and pals.

JC - All of your reviews are great. Thanks so much for taking the time to post them!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter