1 BR capacity lower than studio, still valid at BCV and BWV?

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
Still considering a resort for next March with DH, DD, DSIL, and DGS (will be 2 1/2). I do not want a studio because I think it would be awkward to all be sharing...plus if a studio would work, I'd book the Polynesian.
Is it still valid that you can put 5 in a studio (due to the trundle) but only 4 in a 1 BR? I realize my grandson is "under 3 in a crib" age, but he's already bigger and I don't know if he'll be comfortable in a crib at that point. DD and DSIL have worked hard to NOT have him in their bed, so I was looking to see if the 1 BRs have the trundles or the sleep chairs. If not, we will go back to plan #1 and book BLT.
Thanks.

No bed for the 5th at BCV or BWV 1 BR. But BLT, GFV, AKV, and OKW have a sleep chair or murphy bed. AK and BLT have a 2nd bathroom with the 1 BR, a very usable feature.

Still considering a resort for next March with DH, DD, DSIL, and DGS (will be 2 1/2). I do not want a studio because I think it would be awkward to all be sharing...plus if a studio would work, I'd book the Polynesian.
Is it still valid that you can put 5 in a studio (due to the trundle) but only 4 in a 1 BR? I realize my grandson is "under 3 in a crib" age, but he's already bigger and I don't know if he'll be comfortable in a crib at that point. DD and DSIL have worked hard to NOT have him in their bed, so I was looking to see if the 1 BRs have the trundles or the sleep chairs. If not, we will go back to plan #1 and book BLT.
Thanks.
Since you grandson is under 3, you would still be within the room capacity in a 1 BR. Perhaps an inflatable toddler bed would work for him?

Thanks.
one other thought would be to try and get 2 connecting studios at the poly. About same amount of points as getting a single 1BR.

You are allowed 5 in a 1 bedroom at BWV and BCV but you have to provide a bed for the 5th. Would an air mattress or sleeping bag work?

one other thought would be to try and get 2 connecting studios at the poly. About same amount of points as getting a single 1BR.
Where are you looking to get two Polynesian studios for the price of one one bedroom? I just looked for March and the Polynesian studio runs about 27-30 points per night. The BLT one bedroom about 40 points per night. Now if you were talking about two OKW studios versus a BLT one bedroom, that might be true.

We recently stayed at BWV in a 1BR and brought an inflatable toddler bed by The Shrunks for our 2 year old since we thought that would work better for him than the sofa bed. It was perfect and he slept very well in it! The mattress part is sized like a crib mattress. We didn’t have it set up with the sofa bed pulled out though, so I’m not sure how crowded it may feel with both set up. The Murphy bed in the 1BR at VGF was great for him too if that’s an option you would consider.

Where are you looking to get two Polynesian studios for the price of one one bedroom? I just looked for March and the Polynesian studio runs about 27-30 points per night. The BLT one bedroom about 40 points per night. Now if you were talking about two OKW studios versus a BLT one bedroom, that might be true.

I believe VGF would work through Magic Season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter