• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

1 bedrooms: CCV or BRV?

brazzledazzler

DIS Veteran
I’m trying to decide on which resort to book for our Fall trip. It’s our family of 4— 2 adults and kids ages 2 & 5. We enjoyed our studio at CCV last January, but it was cold weather, we’d like to try the pools.

I’m curious if the size/location of the one bedrooms at each resort leads people to book one or the other. Excited for the refurb at BRV!

Thanks for any input.

We own CC and enjoy the 1 bedrooms. I will say BRV with the recent refurb would be our preference going forward since the living room will have the murphy bed vs a pull out couch. We find the murphy bed to be much more comfy. The resort is not huge so everything feels pretty close. The CCV are all in the one wing of the main building. The BRV building is right next door. There is a gorgeous pool right in front of BRV and then the main pool with slide/activities is right by the CCV wing.

I agree with above - given the new refurb, I would pick BRV. I own at CCV and just spent Christmas in a studio. However, those pull-out couches are no good!

We just spent 3 nights at BRV in a renovated 1 bedroom. I was so in love I didn’t want to leave. Didn’t use the Murphy bed but the “sectional” was great.

We own CC and enjoy the 1 bedrooms. I will say BRV with the recent refurb would be our preference going forward since the living room will have the murphy bed vs a pull out couch. We find the murphy bed to be much more comfy. The resort is not huge so everything feels pretty close. The CCV are all in the one wing of the main building. The BRV building is right next door. There is a gorgeous pool right in front of BRV and then the main pool with slide/activities is right by the CCV wing.
I’ve never ventured to the BRV side of WL. It’s good to know it’s not far away/spread out.

Now that it is BRV renovated, I am wondering how long until people start complaining about CCV being old or outdated.

But I always liked BRV better, BRV and VGF1 have that "DVC home base" feel vs a hotel feel.

We just spent 3 nights at BRV in a renovated 1 bedroom. I was so in love I didn’t want to leave. Didn’t use the Murphy bed but the “sectional” was great.
Does the 1 bed Villa at BRV have the small single pull down bed now as well as the murphy bed? Thanks.

Does the 1 bed Villa at BRV have the small single pull down bed now as well as the murphy bed? Thanks.
With the door between the living area and the bedroom on that wall, there isn’t enough room to install the single bed below the TV. The wall isn’t long enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter