1 bedroom vs 2 studios

Dano1182

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done 2 studios instead of a 1 or 2'bedroom?
Thinking of taking daughter and friends for college grad
Thinking the added privacy maybe a good thing?..
Thoughts?

If I was bringing my daughter and her friends, I would definitely prefer privacy and more bathrooms so I would go with the 2 studios or a 2 bedroom lock off. My only concern would be securing 2 studios if going for a hard to get resort.

I bedroom = Full Kitchen
If you will be using the kitchen for meals, then 1bedroom.
But as someone else said, 2 studios = 2 bathrooms.

Good luck! If you have points for a 2 bedroom that would be the way to go.😎👍🏻

At WDW, we have found we prefer multiple studios over 1- or 2-BRs. We do not cook nor do laundry while there. It saves us points and gives us more bathrooms plus some privacy. At HHI, we do 2-BRs just because we are in the room more. We also use the kitchen more. In your situation, I think you will enjoy two studios more since you will have the privacy and the extra bathroom (unless you are planning on staying at one of the resorts with two bathrooms in the 1-BR). But if you plan on eating in the room a lot, a 1-BR might be the way to go.

Are your daughter's college grad friends paying for some of their trip expenses? If so, they'll likely want the kitchen since they'll be tight already if they buy park tickets. But the privacy and extra bathroom is also important. I'd really try and swing a two bedroom so you have both the privacy and the ability to make some meals in the room and do some laundry.

I took my teen daughter + 3 friends, stayed in a 1 bedroom at BLT - it was very tight and navigating the bathroom times with showers was not easy. If I did it again, I would definitely prefer 2 rooms. Keep in mind Poly studios have 2 bathrooms for showering options (although only one toilet).

I booked it VGF2 for an upcoming stay. I like it better than grandma on the sleeper sofa. We don’t cook and I can make do with building laundry.

if you plan to spend any time in the room it’s nice having non-bedroom space in a 1BD
Except in a 1 br. the living room is someone’s bedroom space - the folks who sleep on the sleeper sofa & possibly on the single chair/pull down.
Much as I love the living room space & in villa laundry in the 1 br.s, I’d opt for 2 studios in OP’s scenario simply because there’s extra beds. 1 br. has 1 king bed in the bedroom & space for 3 (usually) to sleep in the living room. 2 studios will have 2 queen beds & 2 sleeper sofas & possibly 2 single sleeping surfaces. Or, even better, if I had enough points then a 2 br. :)

Kidani 1 bedroom with two bathrooms would be the only one i'd consider.
otherwise, if they are trustworthy enough, 2 studios.

With adults? I think so. The odds that they are more than a few minutes apart seem low. Possible but unlikely.

The extra sleeping surfaces plus the extra full bath seem like they’d outweigh.

^ fair enough.
I have 4 adults and two BWV studios in December, and I was thinking to get the one bedroom that is available…not quite at 7 months yet.

Except in a 1 br. the living room is someone’s bedroom space - the folks who sleep on the sleeper sofa & possibly on the single chair/pull down.
Much as I love the living room space & in villa laundry in the 1 br.s, I’d opt for 2 studios in OP’s scenario simply because there’s extra beds. 1 br. has 1 king bed in the bedroom & space for 3 (usually) to sleep in the living room. 2 studios will have 2 queen beds & 2 sleeper sofas & possibly 2 single sleeping surfaces. Or, even better, if I had enough points then a 2 br. :)
But there is a lot of time when you aren’t sleeping but may be in the room. That’s what I mean. You can’t hang out in studios like you can in a 1BD when the beds are folded up.

Clearly a 2 would be better, but I was trying not to be too extravagant points wise.

If you aren’t going to spend any time in the room then by all means get 2 studios.

^ fair enough.
I have 4 adults and two BWV studios in December, and I was thinking to get the one bedroom that is available…not quite at 7 months yet.
I'd stick with the 2 studios. That way everyone can have a real bed. In a 1 bedroom someone would have to sleep on the pull that is several years old.

2 studios is also cheaper in points than a 2 bedroom and sleeps the same amount of people. We've done this several times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter