• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

1 bedroom Jambo vs Kidani AKV?

JessLCH

DIS Veteran
Which would you choose? I am torn. It will be a sort trip (4 days) and am leaning towards Jambo for save of transportation convenience, less walking, and more convenient dining and shopping options. I understand that means giving up the second bathroom at Kidani. Would book Savanna View either way. Can anyone who has actually stayed at either comment? travelling with two kids (12 and 9). We've been to Disney World many times and will spend most of our time in the parks.

Have never stayed at Kidani but have stayed at Jambo, in a 1-bedroom, and it was great! The proximity to restaurants and the lobby was key for us (our kids were 1 and 5 at the time). Kidani is just too far away in my mind...longer on the bus is NOT a good thing with little ones IMHO!

For that short a trip, I would stay at Jambo. Just way more convenient, IMHO. Longer trip would have me lean towards Kidani.

I prefer Kidani hands down over Jambo! The only thing Jambo has that outshines Kidani is that fabulous lobby and when I miss it, I just walk there or drive to it!

At Kidani, the villa layout is better, the covered parking is so nice during hot or rainy weather, and I love Sanaa! The addition of that bathroom with 3 teenagers is a a gift from the Gods for us or we'd never get out of the villa! And the master bath, well I just love that tub!

I'm not a QS fan so Mara's not important to me or my family, so it's Kidani all the way for us!

Which would you choose? I am torn. It will be a sort trip (4 days) and am leaning towards Jambo for save of transportation convenience, less walking, and more convenient dining and shopping options. I understand that means giving up the second bathroom at Kidani. Would book Savanna View either way. Can anyone who has actually stayed at either comment? travelling with two kids (12 and 9). We've been to Disney World many times and will spend most of our time in the parks.

If I knew that I was only going to be in the villa to sleep, I would probably even consider a standard view at either place to conserve points. Of course, the savanna view villas are awesome! We favor Kidani for the larger room and we like the pool area better. One of our favorite things about Kidani is that the park buses stop there first, and are usually empty. With four of you, you probably could really use that second bathroom.

Jambo is probably not going to save any transportation convenience, unless your talking about going to Jambo from Kidani if you end up there. We do our Jambo shopping if we go to dinner at Boma, or we just walk (or bus) over if we aren't planning a meal there.

Have a great trip!

Kidani gives you a chance for a closer savana view. You also get an extra bathroom.

I love Jambo, but Kidani is really sharp. I wish they would get a place to get food.

Jambo 1BR only have a vanity in the bathroom (unlike every other DVC that either has a 2nd vanity in the Master bedroom or a 2nd full bedroom...) so it takes a bit longer if everyone is getting ready at the same time.

I think I would only do a Jambo 1BR again as a couple, or concierge to get the am Safari.

We have stayed in both and for me the second bathroom is the kicker! I don't believe the bus makes any difference Kidani or Jambo. I love Sanna, but there are more restaurants at Jambo and Jambos gift shop is one of my favorites on the whole property. I still would pick Kidani. Kidani slightly more quiet and I like the pool better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter