1 Bedroom BLT Lake View Request

Questforthemouse

Mouseketeer
Looking into booking 6 nights at BLT next year. Should we be asking for a particular room location or just "let it ride"? If we wanted a lake view with a possible view of MK is their a particular request? What if we wanted to look over at the back side of The Contemporary and across Bay Lake, is their a particular request?

I can't remember if the best 1br view ends I'm 12 or 14, but that's what I requested and was granted - and it was an awesome view of MK.

Check out blt thread for floor layout and you'll be able to tell the ending room #.

Even numbered room on the North end of the building would give you a view of the MK.

Even numbered room on the North end of the building would give you a view of the MK.

I've done a little more reading and figured out that I should request and even numbered room. If I wanted a view of the CR side of things would I request a South end as opposed to North end?

I've done a little more reading and figured out that I should request and even numbered room. If I wanted a view of the CR side of things would I request a South end as opposed to North end?

We just returned from a trip, and were assigned a lake view room on the exterior of the North Side of BLT (room 7610). I initially thought I was not going to like it because of a limited view of the lake and being somewhat over the loading dock of the building. However, room location was FANTASTIC! The Magic Kingdom was just to the left of our view, and we were able to watch Wishes every night from the Balcony. We'd definitely request a room on the north side again, without hesitation.

Questforthemouse said:
Looking into booking 6 nights at BLT next year. Should we be asking for a particular room location or just "let it ride"? If we wanted a lake view with a possible view of MK is their a particular request? What if we wanted to look over at the back side of The Contemporary and across Bay Lake, is their a particular request?

Just came back from 6 nights at BLT. We had requested a lake view, and we're on the 12th floor with an awesome view of the lake, Contemporary, the monorail entering the Contemporary, and we're also able to see the Grand Floridian. We were going to upgrade to an MK view at check in, but figured since we'd be in the park every night anyway, we would never see the fireworks from our room. Glad we chose what we did. Seeing the boats all day cross the lake, and seeing the water show at night from our balcony was a great experience. Have a great trip.

Thanks everyone. Think we'll request the even numbered south side. We like the idea of a view of CR, monorail, boats etc...

May I jump in here, please?

We are staying at BLT for the first time this November, in a 1-BR Lake View Villa.

I am tempted to request an even-numbered room in the North tower.

But assuming I get the request, would that result in a much longer walk from the elevators/walkway to the Contemporary?

Our stay at Kidani was in a beautiful villa that seemed MILES away from the lobby, and the walk really got to be a bit much by the end of the day. I'm assuming the distances at BLT are much shorter, but wanted to just ask those of you who have stayed in the North tower.

Thanks!

I am tempted to request an even-numbered room in the North tower.

But assuming I get the request, would that result in a much longer walk from the elevators/walkway to the Contemporary?

Not really. BLT has a compact footprint and the walks from one end of a floor to the other are not that long.

We stayed in the room furtherest from the CR and the connecting walkway. It was not bad, there was an elevator near us or we could go all the way down the hall and come out right by the walkway. We found taking the elevator near our room to the floor with bridge/walkway and then walking down that hallway was easier. The elevator by the bridge is very busy.

We loved the north side we had a lake view, which was half a MK view we had a great view of SM and we could watch the fireworks from our sofa.

Not really. BLT has a compact footprint and the walks from one end of a floor to the other are not that long.

WDRL, thanks very much. By the way, it looks like we are both "going home" to both locations at about the same time next trip! Hope you have a great trip . . . :thumbsup2

We stayed in the room furtherest from the CR and the connecting walkway. It was not bad, there was an elevator near us or we could go all the way down the hall and come out right by the walkway. We found taking the elevator near our room to the floor with bridge/walkway and then walking down that hallway was easier. The elevator by the bridge is very busy.

We loved the north side we had a lake view, which was half a MK view we had a great view of SM and we could watch the fireworks from our sofa.

BBN1122, that's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks very much for describing the location better! :) I think I'll go ahead and make the request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter