1/19/18 -- Disney Dream Mouseketeers!

I promised another post similar to my Monday Forget Me Nots this week, and here you go. By the way, sorry it took so long, I had to wait for my replacement phone before I could film the video that goes with it. I will put a link to the video at the end of the post.

Here is an opportunity for you and your kiddos to get prepared for your magical night in Animator's Palate. For our 1st time cruisers, I am not going to reveal all of the magic of your dining experience in Animator's, but I do want to help you have the most magical one possible.

The night that you dine in Animator's Palate, your Disney cast invites you to become a Disney Artist. During that nights dinner, the magic happens all around you, and it seems to happen quickly at times. So just a little bit of helpful advice, 1. Make sure you are on time for dinner that night, you are going to want every minute you can get before your first course is served; 2. Keep your eyes open, and your cameras ready.

When you enter Animator's for the night (after your welcoming hand sanitizing wipe of course), you will find a dining room that does not appear to be prepped for dinner. Instead it looks like it is ready for an art class. When you are seated at your table you will find markers, and one of these sheets in place of the plates. (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1GkPjt4dkXtzFz-Hp3edSsKtFgJJrYctPtEVq0FLn8EU/edit?usp=sharinghere is a link to the downloadable google doc: )
animators blank artist sheet.png

Once you get seated let your creative ideas flow.
Aside from the few instructions you see noted, there are some others that will help you get the most magic out of the rest of your evening. If you take a look at the sample pics, you will notice that the characters are with in the lines, full of details, and not drawn into any of the grey areas. If you use those basic ideas, you will be very happy with the results. If you want to practice before our sailing date (which is a good idea for little ones so they do not become overwhelmed or feel rushed) you can save this picture so that you can print it up later.
I mentioned at the beginning that I held off on posting this, because I wanted to be able to release the video at the same time. On the video, I show you the best ways to have great results, and what types of drawings have not such stellar results. You can watch the video here: Tink Moments Animator's video

The best way to embrace the magic on a Disney cruise is to embrace it, get involved, and never be afraid to ask for what you want.

Have a great weekend,

~Tink~

Last edited:

Happy Monday everyone! We are down to only 12 more Mondays. :eek:

Today's Monday Forget me Not's is not only looking forward to our cruise, but thinking about after the cruise as well.

This week I thought it would be a good idea to remind everyone not to forget that no one likes to come home after a trip, and be reminded that their vacation is over.

One thing that always is the rude awakening that it is time to get back to the daily grind is vacation laundry. I don't know about your family, but mine definitely makes more dirty clothes on vacation than in a normal week. :laundy:

No worries though, there is a solution. Our home away from home comes equipped with do it yourself laundry rooms. If you plan ahead, utilizing this amenity before disembarkation will make the return to civilization a bit easier. To prepare, toss a collapsible laundry basket into your suitcase, along with a few single load detergent packs (if you happen to forget detergent, they do have some available at Disney prices ). And the machines do not require change. All you have to do is swipe your key to the world card, and you are set.

If you don't plan to wash all of your clothes, it still is nice to do a quick load of all the swim gear. The chlorine, sun screen, and beach smell don't smell as good as they did on vacation, after they have sat in a plastic bag inside your suitcase for several hours. A word of advice though, if you are planning to do a load after a fun day at the beach, please, please rinse the sand out of your suit before putting it in the washing machine. There is a large wash sink in the laundry rooms for just that purpose. When sand gets into those machines, everything gets all clogged up, and your clothes just don't come clean.

Have a great week -
~ Tink ~

Transportation Question

Hello, we are Randy and Candy. We haven't read through the previous posts but do have a quick question. We will be staying at the POR after the cruise and wanted to know what is the best transportation to WDW from the port. We know the Disney buses are an option but we are worried that they leave the port too late in morning. Recommendations for reasonable private transportation options? TIA

Transportation Question

Hello, we are Randy and Candy. We haven't read through the previous posts but do have a quick question. We will be staying at the POR after the cruise and wanted to know what is the best transportation to WDW from the port. We know the Disney buses are an option but we are worried that they leave the port too late in morning. Recommendations for reasonable private transportation options? TIA
First, welcome to the group!

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

As for after cruise transportation, I have found that a one day car rental is ultimately cheaper and much faster than any of the shuttles (the same is true for heading to the port as well). When you exit the boat, there will be car rental shuttles arriving regularly to take you to the car rental locations. I have found that if you have a reservation, you can be in a car and on your way much earlier than the Disney buses headed to the parks are. Rental companies available for one way rentals are: Enterprise, Hertz, Alamo, Budget, Thrifty, Avis and Dollar. My top recommendation is Hertz (for cost and customer service).
Someone earlier in the thread also mentioned that they would be using Fly Snooze Cruise (here is a link to the main site https://www.goportcanaveral.com/services/fly-snooze-cruise.php
and here is a link for when it is attached to a hotel { I am not recommending this location, just using for visual aid} https://www.goportcanaveral.com/fly-snooze-cruise/orlando-airport/americas-best-cocoa/3-People/1#_self )
I am not sure of your plans before we sail, I just wanted to help with your search and keep you up to speed with our conversation up to now. Using this option would return you to the airport where you would be able to catch the Magic express. Which as I am typing, I can see how this would be just about as lengthy as the Disney shuttle.
There are private car options, and shared shuttle options. I have not heard of any experiences that where good enough to recommend them to you. If you would like, I can get you contact information for these services from Disney travel vendors that I trust. Please let me know.

~Tink~

First, welcome to the group!

As for after cruise transportation, I have found that a one day car rental is ultimately cheaper and much faster than any of the shuttles (the same is true for heading to the port as well). When you exit the boat, there will be car rental shuttles arriving regularly to take you to the car rental locations. I have found that if you have a reservation, you can be in a car and on your way much earlier than the Disney buses headed to the parks are. Rental companies available for one way rentals are: Enterprise, Hertz, Alamo, Budget, Thrifty, Avis and Dollar. My top recommendation is Hertz (for cost and customer service).
Someone earlier in the thread also mentioned that they would be using Fly Snooze Cruise (here is a link to the main site https://www.goportcanaveral.com/services/fly-snooze-cruise.php
and here is a link for when it is attached to a hotel { I am not recommending this location, just using for visual aid} https://www.goportcanaveral.com/fly-snooze-cruise/orlando-airport/americas-best-cocoa/3-People/1#_self )
I am not sure of your plans before we sail, I just wanted to help with your search and keep you up to speed with our conversation up to now. Using this option would return you to the airport where you would be able to catch the Magic express. Which as I am typing, I can see how this would be just about as lengthy as the Disney shuttle.
There are private car options, and shared shuttle options. I have not heard of any experiences that where good enough to recommend them to you. If you would like, I can get you contact information for these services from Disney travel vendors that I trust. Please let me know.

~Tink~

Thank you for the welcome and the information.

We are staying at the Residence Inn pre cruise. We will most likely rent a car from MCO to the hotel and it's looking like maybe a rental car to WDW post cruise. If Disney transportation would leave the port early enough we would probably go that way. Anyway again for the info!

Thank you for the welcome and the information.

We are staying at the Residence Inn pre cruise. We will most likely rent a car from MCO to the hotel and it's looking like maybe a rental car to WDW post cruise. If Disney transportation would leave the port early enough we would probably go that way. Anyway again for the info!
Not a problem. We are using our Hertz points for a free rental to Cape Canaveral. We wanted to watch the boat come in bright and early, so we rented a cabin at Jetty Park. Plus we wanted to head over and visit with the DIS Board folks and our wonderful TA's ( at Dreams Unlimited) in the morning before heading to the boat. They share the same building (welcome center) there in Cape Canaveral. We have not made up our minds about the journey back to civilization yet though.

~Tink~

Happy Wednesday everyone. I know I missed Monday, but I have been a bit under the weather. We are now down to 11 Mondays until we set sail.
I had another Forget Me Not planned for this week, but I decided to postpone that for a week, and share a little bit of the belated Halloween spirit this week.

Today, I wanted to remind you to bring your Ears! :earboy2: I know you all already have a set attached to your head, and those are not the ones I am referring to. I am talking about your favorite Mickey / Disney Ears. I don't know about you, but I would not make a trip to any of the Disney parks without my ears. Well, the cruise is no different. Characters and cast members alike love to see guests immersing themselves in the magic. And one way to do that is to show off your favorite pair of Mickey Ears.
(This years Halloween and my boarding outfit!)
Donald outfit.jpg

If you are planning on get pictures with characters, Mickey Ears always make a nice addition to your wardrobe, plus, it is fun to see the characters reaction to your choice.
You will see me sporting my Minnie Ears ::MinnieMo on my Disney Cruise sailor hat on day 1. Beyond that, who knows when the Mouse spirit will strike.
If this is your first time sailing with Disney, but you have visited the parks before, plan to show your excitement the same as you would at the parks. After all, we are actually going to be on a floating Disney park!
me cute profile pic.jpg

And if you find you don't have enough luggage space for your ears, just wear them when your boarding!
One extra bonus of having your ears with you, is they work great to decorate your cabin with. We like to liven up our cabin with not only our ears, but my Tink wings as well.
Don't be afraid to let the kid in you out. :mickeyjum

~Tink~

My booking day is today! My travel agent got me everything I wanted! I got really good times for the Frozen meet and the Princess Gathering. She also got me really good times BBB. We are doing it two days and I love the time she got me. I also got my Ardastra Zoo excursion. So glad that’s over.

Also my grandmother and grandfather booked the cruise last week! My niece doesn’t know about the cruise so now she has another surprise. Her great grandparents will be there to celebrate her birthday too.

Not Disney cruise related but my niece is a cheerleader and yesterday her cheer team got first place at regionals! So next month we go to Disney for Nationals. This will be her first time cheering in Disney with the team so we are very excited! It’s going to be a busy next couple of months.

Once I get through all this cheer stuff I can focus on our FEs and get my packing list together.

My booking day is today! My travel agent got me everything I wanted! I got really good times for the Frozen meet and the Princess Gathering. She also got me really good times BBB. We are doing it two days and I love the time she got me. I also got my Ardastra Zoo excursion. So glad that’s over.

Also my grandmother and grandfather booked the cruise last week! My niece doesn’t know about the cruise so now she has another surprise. Her great grandparents will be there to celebrate her birthday too.

Not Disney cruise related but my niece is a cheerleader and yesterday her cheer team got first place at regionals! So next month we go to Disney for Nationals. This will be her first time cheering in Disney with the team so we are very excited! It’s going to be a busy next couple of months.

Once I get through all this cheer stuff I can focus on our FEs and get my packing list together.
Awesome! Congrats to your niece. I know that is a tough competitive sport.

As for surprise reveals, check this out. I saw it in my Walt Disney World News this week.
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/11/great-way-surprise-family-disney-vacation/
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/11/great-way-surprise-family-disney-vacation/
Sounds like you are going to need a vacation at the first of the year. Rest up while you can, so you can make it through the next 2 months, and then slide right on into vacation mode.

~Tink~

I just wanted to share something really quick this morning. I will still be posting a Monday forget Me not later.

Target's Black Friday add is out, and the early access has begun. I know that those of you who are regular shoppers know about getting the gift cards during the black friday sale, but today they have an early offer for princess dresses.
View attachment 281885
here is a link to their sales page that this was on this morning.
https://www.target.com/c/target-bla...5-7x-SoD-dCeMR6-1q-6NYrQ-1c-OsIP-dBpG8g-mLX9l
https://www.target.com/c/target-bla...5-7x-SoD-dCeMR6-1q-6NYrQ-1c-OsIP-dBpG8g-mLX9l
Happy shopping!!

Tink

Monday Forget Me Not's....

Happy Monday everyone. We have 10 Mondays until our cruise. I am getting so excited.
This weeks Forget Me Not is your important numbers and contact information.

Just in case there is a need, it is a good idea to have a list of important numbers, and contact information.
This could come in handy for many situations. Such as medical emergencies, or being a dock runner that happens to be just a few minutes late, and misses the boat. Or even the 'did I forget to turn the stove off' incidents. It is better to have them, and not need them, than to need them, and not have them.
You may also want the contact information list to send post cards to your friends back home. There is a post office on Castaway Cay, ready for your post cards. It is to bad that we will have just past Christmas. That is one of our favorite places to mail our Christmas cards from on a fall cruise.
Either way, this simple sheet of paper that will not bog your luggage down may come in quite handy.

~Tink~

P.S. When you receive your cruise document book a few weeks before sailing, there will be cards with ship contact information on it for you to give to anyone who may need to reach you in case of emergency or such.

Happy Monday everyone!
We are in single digit Mondays... only 9 more of these to go!

Today's forget me not is a reminder for your carry on bag. Don't forget to pack a casual outfit for dinner that night in your carry on bag. The cast members will do their very best to get each cabin its luggage before you have to head to dinner, but there are a few factors that slow this process down. First, they can only deliver luggage that the port authority has already cleared and loaded on to the boat. Second, remember, that people can arrive as late as 2:30 - 3:00, which is only 2 1/2 hours before dinner. Which means their luggage still has to clear the port authority, and find its way to their floor after they board. Third there could be up to 4,000 passengers on the boat who each are allowed to check 2 bags in. That is an possible, 8,000 pieces of luggage that have to navigate the narrow corridors of the boat to find their home away from home. And fourth each cabin steward only has 2 hands.
So, it is understandable that your luggage may take a little longer to find its way to your cabin than it will for dinner time to arrive. But if you remember to pack your casual dinner clothes in your carry on, you will not have to worry. You will be all set to go.
Have a great week, and I hope everyone has had the chance to get their online check in done.

~Tink~

A warm hello to all of you Disney Dream Mouseketeers who will set sail on the Disney Dream for three glorious nights in January 2018. We will leave from Port Canaveral on January 19th for the Bahamas. The next day we will be in Nassau, and then on January 21st we will spend the morning and afternoon on Castaway Cay.

Who else is going?

Post #2 will have our roll call.

Post #3 will be reserved for special announcements.

Post #4 will be reserved for Fish Extender names.

Hello Pixiehallow: This would be our first disney cruise as we are celebrating our 10th anniversary and we are really excited about Fish Extender. Please Count me in for the FE. We are from New jersey and looking forward to have a great time with our DS and DD!

Hello Pixiehallow: This would be our first disney cruise as we are celebrating our 10th anniversary and we are really excited about Fish Extender. Please Count me in for the FE. We are from New jersey and looking forward to have a great time with our DS and DD!
Awesome, your excitement is contagious!
Welcome to the group!
I will put you on the FE list, and the roll call!:welcome:
The DIS boards require you to make 10 posts before I can send you a PM - Private Message - (which is how I like to gather and share personal information). When you reach 10, I will send you an FE note with all of the things I will need to get you added to the list.
As for reaching 10, that is simple. You can do a count down to 10 (which you are already started with your 1st one), you can ask any questions you have, you can even share a little about your family, and what you are most looking forward to.
I look forward to getting to know you and planning together.

~Tink~

Thank you Tink for such a warm welcome!! :) :)
Im so looking forward to planning this event, although this is my first time. I would need your advise on how this works. I really appreciate it :)

Welcome to the group!
The DIS boards require you to make 10 posts before I can send you a PM - Private Message - (which is how I like to gather and share personal information). When you reach 10, I will send you an FE note with all of the things I will need to get you added to the list.
As for reaching 10, that is simple. You can do a count down to 10 (which you are already started with your 1st one), you can ask any questions you have, you can even share a little about your family, and what you are most looking forward to.

~Tink~

Welcome to the group!

~Tink~

My DS is turning 3 next week and is crazy about his dinosaurs and Mickey! So i know what he is looking forward to from this trip!
As for 6 year old DD, she is a true princess at heart! Loves and is crazy about all the princess. She is planning to write letters and get it signed by the charecters at the cruise :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts