• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

🚗Car, 🚌Bus or 🚐Minnie Van from AKL? ALSO: Thoughts on MK Resorts Transportation Jan. 2025?

Rent The Vehicle. Don't forget that if you are using the Disney buses you will have to fold the strollers and actual seats on the buses are few. Also, we consider riding the parking lot trams and monorail to be part of the fun: When else are you EVER gonna get to ride a monorail? (One trip we were staying at ASMusic, using the bus to the parks. DD asked one day if we could ride the monorail just to ride it- the bus drops you AT MK, so no monorail for us- but of course we rode it, it's part of the fun!).

If you are staying at a Disney resort hotel, your parking at the hotel AND at the theme parks is free.

We've never had much trouble with the traffic leaving the theme parks. I mean... yes there IS traffic and sometimes a line to merge from the parking lot onto the street, but if you think that's a pain, think about standing in line after a long, hot day of standing in lines in the parks, waiting for your bus, but maybe you don't get on the first bus and have to wait for another. I DETEST standing in line for a bus at the end of the day, and then to be packed in shoulder to shoulder with a whole bunch of sweaty, tired, cranky strangers!

You can find good (relatively good) deals online using carrentalsavers.com or autoslash.com, and once you have a reservation number autoslash will stalk it for you, sending a message if they find a better deal on the same vehicle class/size. Stick to the major rental agencies, though. The smaller ones (the ones that are NOT at the airport) are cheaper but the horror stories about renting from them are legend... and NOT in a good way!
Hello! You make a lot of great points. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.
That's what I was thinking--A friend who was there last week said that it was a pain having to get the kiddos out of the stroller and fold it down. Agree! I remember loving riding the monorail.
Yeah, would prefer to wait in line in the car, rather than standing for a bus.
I'll check out those rental sites! We typically have great luck with Turo (the AirBnB for cars), which can have great car seats available, but I'm always looking for the best options.
Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

Remember with Turo you are basically renting a car from a private party. How/where/when to pickup & drop-off could be an issue and who wants to miss their flight when the other party is late showing up? I personally would never rent a car from another person, way too many things can go wrong. Stick with a well-known rental car company and avoid those issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter