•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the dues DID actually go down between initial announced dues and what we paid in Jan 18. Cannot access my statements at the moment, but I remember being pleasantly surprised. (everything else went up though.... look at past percentages of rate increase...that ~5% yearly increase kinda scared me off of BLT).

It was just that the estimated tax rate ended up being more than the actual amount. They were adjusted accordingly.

5367E7CF-8F90-4D4D-9D3E-3DDAD784D8C4.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the dues DID actually go down between initial announced dues and what we paid in Jan 18. Cannot access my statements at the moment, but I remember being pleasantly surprised. (everything else went up though.... look at past percentages of rate increase...that ~5% yearly increase kinda scared me off of BLT).

It was just that the estimated tax rate ended up being more than the actual amount. They were adjusted accordingly.

View attachment 323845

My understanding is that there were two different things that happened between 2017 and 2018: a credit for the over payment of taxes for 2017 in our 2017 dues and a decrease in the dues for 2018 because of a decrease in the estimated taxes for 2018 (compared to the 2017 estimate). The chart that @mrsap posted shows the dues change between years based on the lower estimated taxes in 2018. The credit for 2017 tax overestimate appeared on our account and was taken off of what we owed for 2018, but was a credit for the 2017 dues year.

It appears to be possible that a decrease in estimated taxes in future years could happen again until all of the ongoing property tax disputes with the county are resolved. That being said, the dues decrease from 2017 and 2018 was very small and shouldn't be expected to happen again (especially over the long-term) for planning purposes. Veterans here can correct me if I am completely missing the mark!

We just returned from a weekend stay in Villa 6102 at Copper Creek- a 1 Bedroom. The room was ready insanely early; we received the text that the room was ready at 7:30am! Since we're locals, we were in the room by 10am. Its right off the lobby, above the front desk.

The view of the room is... odd. Basically, you have the roof of the back office of the front desk. It kind of makes a giant green bowl so to speak...

Here's the "big green bowl"...
full

With Boulder Ridge to the left...
full

...and the bus stop and parking lot to the right...
full

The room itself was wonderful- it was our first time staying at Wilderness Lodge and we really liked it! It rained all weekend (Disney can't control that, contrary to some people who think they can LOL), but I have to say this is a very cozy resort for rainy days with all the fireplaces around. It also helped to have the clothes dryer in the room for wet clothes!

We did manage to set off the smoke detector when cooking, but opening the balcony door and the door to the lobby created a great breeze and the detector stopped beeping within a minute or so.

Despite reports that Whispering Canyon has toned down their restaurant antics, I can report I woke up to the screaming of "we need ketchup!!!" faintly in the distance! LOL You can hear the restaurant a little from the room, but its not really that bad. More annoying is the beeping of the buses from the bus stop, which was definitely more pronounced first thing in the morning with the morning rain.

We also had a nice early lunch at Geyser Point, with the wonderful and extremely enthusiastic server Jenn. Anytime we'd request anything, her response was always a cheerful "Let's do it!!!"

The rain also managed to stop for a bit, so we finished our stay by renting the Sea Raycers to ride around Bay Lake- I forgot how fun those little boats are!!!

Overall, we had a great stay at CCV!!!

We just returned from a weekend stay in Villa 6102 at Copper Creek- a 1 Bedroom. The room was ready insanely early; we received the text that the room was ready at 7:30am! Since we're locals, we were in the room by 10am. Its right off the lobby, above the front desk.

The view of the room is... odd. Basically, you have the roof of the back office of the front desk. It kind of makes a giant green bowl so to speak...

full

full

full

The room itself was wonderful- it was our first time staying at Wilderness Lodge and we really liked it! It rained all weekend (Disney can't control that, contrary to some people who think they can LOL), but I have to say this is a very cozy resort for rainy days with all the fireplaces around. It also helped to have the clothes dryer in the room for wet clothes!

We did manage to set off the smoke detector when cooking, but opening the balcony door and the door to the lobby created a great breeze and the detector stopped beeping within a minute or so.

Despite reports that Whispering Canyon has toned down their restaurant antics, I can report I woke up to the screaming of "we need ketchup!!!" faintly in the distance! LOL You can hear the restaurant a little from the room, but its not really that bad. More annoying is the beeping of the buses from the bus stop, which was definitely more pronounced first thing in the morning with the morning rain.

We also had a nice early lunch at Geyser Point, with the wonderful and extremely enthusiastic server Jenn. Anytime we'd request anything, her response was always a cheerful "Let's do it!!!"

The rain also managed to stop for a bit, so we finished our stay by renting the Sea Raycers to ride around Bay Lake- I forgot how fun those little boats are!!!

Sounds like a great trip! Happy you had fun!!!!

I'd consider the 1BR not sleeping 5 as the biggest thing to consider. For CCV that would mean going to a 2BR and the comparison to a 1BR at BLT is going to put it way ahead financially. But sometimes to cost to stay where you really want is a bigger factor.

In comparing during Dream season again: 1BR's are easier to get so that could be a strong possibility at BLT - 250 pts *5.92 =$1480. Or the lakeview 1BR would be 275 * 5.92 $1628. At CCV you'd need a 2BR - 318 points * $2308 or $118/night more than the BLT standard 1BR or $97/night more than a BLT Lakeview 1BR. A standard view 2BR is almost identical in point requirements to CCV at 317 and while difficult to book, if you did get it, would be the cheaper of 2BR's between the locations. The 2BR at CCV or gives the kids a bedroom of their own vs sleeping in the living area of a 1BR at BLT.

CCV is a hard occupancy of 4 in the 1BR's. You would not be allowed to have 5 listed on the reservation so that means no ME for the 5th person, no early entry etc. It would be against the rules to have the 5th.

Some locations do allow it but not CCV.

If I had a family of five I wouldn't even consider the resorts that allow you to add a fifth guest in a 1BR despite the fact they only sleep four. You will need to purchase a towel package for that guest and bring your own bedding and an air mattress. Why not just purchase points at a resort that the 1BRs sleep 5 to start with--everybody gets a bed, points well spent IMO! Why spend all that money on points where you know a family member doesn't get a bed? It is a waste of the home resort advantage buying at resort that cannot handle your family of five in a 1BR when you know you will be booking somewhere else.

Yup... squeezed in a quick trip 6/30-7/4 to make the most of those Plat Plus Passes :) AKV, not CCV unfortunately. Big family trip in 11 days at BLT. Dusting off the magic bands!!!

We will be in a one bedroom at CCV 7/1-7/5! Very excited for our first stay at CCV and for our first WDW 4th of July :cool1:

full

full

full

I was there also, right below you in 4106. Great food at Geyser Point, and it was cozy with the rain. I enjoyed the bath tub.

We will be in a one bedroom at CCV 7/1-7/5! Very excited for our first stay at CCV and for our first WDW 4th of July :cool1:

:welcome:It will be our first 4th of July WDW trip as well! (But staying at another resort!) Hope you love your stay at CCV!! I’ll get your dates up there!

I was there also, right below you in 4106. Great food at Geyser Point, and it was cozy with the rain. I enjoyed the bath tub.

OH MY GOSH THAT BATH TUB!!! How the heck did I forget to mention that?!?!? It was wonderful! I brought bubble bath for the sole purpose of that tub and it totally exceeded expectations. Glad you enjoyed it too!!!

Anyone going to be in Disney end of June, or first week up July?! I’m getting so excited for our 1st summer trip! 39 Days to go!!

We’ll be there for our first 4th of July trip! We’ll be staying at BWV this time (hoping to get back to CCV for the holidays in 2019). We normally wouldn’t go that week but we have banked points to use on a resale contract we bought this year, our APs are expiring in July, and we want to squeeze in one more trip before baby #2 is due later this year. Looking forward to seeing TSL but a little apprehensive about the heat and crowds. I think we’re mostly going to take it easy and make sure to take afternoon breaks.

CCV is a hard occupancy of 4 in the 1BR's. You would not be allowed to have 5 listed on the reservation so that means no ME for the 5th person, no early entry etc. It would be against the rules to have the 5th.

Some locations do allow it but not CCV.
Does CCV have a hard occupancy of 8 in the 2BR as well? I'm assuming yes but was just wanted confirmation.

We’ll be there for our first 4th of July trip! We’ll be staying at BWV this time (hoping to get back to CCV for the holidays in 2019). We normally wouldn’t go that week but we have banked points to use on a resale contract we bought this year, our APs are expiring in July, and we want to squeeze in one more trip before baby #2 is due later this year. Looking forward to seeing TSL but a little apprehensive about the heat and crowds. I think we’re mostly going to take it easy and make sure to take afternoon breaks.

That’s great! Congrats on baby!!!!! So exciting!!!! I hear ya, it’s our first summer trip with my DH and kids, and I’m very nervous! I could remember going back in third grade with my parents in the summer, the funniest part is the pictures of me are with a tank top on with the shoulders pulled down! That’s how hot it was!!!!!! LOL Lots of pool time in our future!!!!!!

Does CCV have a hard occupancy of 8 in the 2BR as well? I'm assuming yes but was just wanted confirmation.

Yes. You can only list 8 people over the age of 3 on the CCV 2BR. It's not like a few other locations where you can list 9 and have #9 sleep on bedding you bring along.

That’s great! Congrats on baby!!!!! So exciting!!!! I hear ya, it’s our first summer trip with my DH and kids, and I’m very nervous! I could remember going back in third grade with my parents in the summer, the funniest part is the pictures of me are with a tank top on with the shoulders pulled down! That’s how hot it was!!!!!! LOL Lots of pool time in our future!!!!!!

Thank you!! We had one really hot day when we were just there a couple of weeks ago where it was in the 90s and humid, and I think in July it will probably be like that or hotter every single day. We *might* try to brave the TSL opening since we've never been to a land opening. I can't do all the rides but it could be fun just to see what it's like. We booked BWV so we could at least walk back and not deal with transportation!

Thank you!! We had one really hot day when we were just there a couple of weeks ago where it was in the 90s and humid, and I think in July it will probably be like that or hotter every single day. We *might* try to brave the TSL opening since we've never been to a land opening. I can't do all the rides but it could be fun just to see what it's like. We booked BWV so we could at least walk back and not deal with transportation!

Ugh!! I looked at last year’s temps during the weeks we’ll be there, and they range from 90-93 -but it’s more the humidity I’m worried about!
We got FP’s for TSL for July 1... I was too nervous to try opening day, but not sure the day after will be any better!!!! We are going to play it by ear and decide then!!
We are doing the same!!!! We’ll be at BCV the first week and then move over to PVB! I figured the view from the Polynesian beach would be perfect and we wouldn’t have to brave the crowds! Our friends who we travel with are actually staying at Beach Club and want us to come back for the fourth but I don’t think we are going to. I hope you guys have a great time! We can get excited together!!!!! We are down to 30 DAYS today!!!!

Last edited:
Yes. You can only list 8 people over the age of 3 on the CCV 2BR. It's not like a few other locations where you can list 9 and have #9 sleep on bedding you bring along.
Thanks- that is what I thought but just wanted to double check.

We were in 6109 from May 13-19!! We had a great view of the pool and "river" flowing from WL to the lake. Cannot post pictures for some reason. My
pictures are too big!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter