•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Hey, mrsap! Long time, no see! I do drop in on occasion to see how things are going here on our sister thread, and now I have a date to add when you get the time. We're heading down to Copper Creek from 5-9 March after spending a couple of days at VB. No other occasion other than getting out of the cold here in southwest VA. Thanks and keep up the good work!

Hey!! How are you?!! Thanks for stopping in!! Sounds like a nice little getaway! I’ll add your dates to page 1! Thank you! Hope you have a great trip!!

Following for this info only. Is there more of a demand for a tub/shower combo?
In general that is what I am seeing. Looking at December 2019, the latest week of availability (12/16-12/23) is available for walk in shower studios and 2 bedroom lockoffs with the walk in shower, but it is not completely available for studios and 2 bedroom lockoffs with the tubs.
This seems to be a trend, and is likely due more to demand than just the fact that there are slightly more studios with the walk in shower.

Editing to Add availability Images:
While in general I'd say tubs are in higher demand, there are specific nights where tubs are available and walk in shower studios are not, as shown in the following images:

Studio with Walk in Shower Availability:
walk_in_avail_calendar.jpg
Studio with Tub Availability:
tub_availability_calendar.jpg

So, if you don't care as much about which shower type you have be sure to check both categories.

Last edited:
We booked our airfare today, so we are locked in for our September 2019 trip. :cool1: We'll be in a Copper Creek dedicated two bedroom from September 5th through 14th, 2019! We loved the two bedroom last September and can't wait to do it again! Feel free to add our trip to the first page. :jumping1:

Hi, friends! We just got back from our first stay at Copper Creek (on rented points) and it was absolutely wonderful! We had two suites on two separate reservations. I had asked the rental company to have the member reference/link the reservations, and we ended up getting suites right next to each other... 1134 and 1136 facing Boulder Ridge. The location was great - right near the CC elevator and a side door that was a great shortcut to and from the buses, the Boulder Ridge pool, and the walkway to Geyser Point. Both of these rooms have tubs, and 1136 has a connecting door to what I assume is a one bedroom. 1134 is a dedicated studio. The rooms were sparkling clean and had tons of towels. We missed our towel service on day four because my son and husband each were napping and had the do not disturb signs up, but we were able to grab our own towels from a cart that was in the hallway each morning. The cart also had sheets, toilet paper, tissues, and paper towels, which I thought was great! I didn’t miss the usual daily housekeeping at all, especially since they take the trash every day.

We ate breakfast, a late dinner, and some snacks at Roaring Fork, and everything was pretty good. The chocolate mint cupcake that they have right now is delicious. My hubby and I had drinks, wings, and cheesy brisket dip at Geyser Point one evening and that was tasty, too. That’s a great spot to sit and hang out. My sons were down there one night just walking around and ended up watching the electric water parade from a couple of comfy chairs, which they really enjoyed. On our departure day we had breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe and we really liked that, as well. We had the skillet, eggs Benedict, a Belgian waffle, and steel-cut oatmeal, and it was all fantastic.

My 16 year old and I hung out at the Boulder Ridge pool while the hubby and 18 year old were napping one afternoon, and we really enjoyed it. We had walked by the main pool and it was a bit noisy for us because there were tons of little kids and the staff was running a bunch of activities, but I can see how families with younger kids would really enjoy it.

And that lobby... it’s really breathtaking. We enjoyed just sitting in it and relaxing. The store was great, too. Service throughout the resort was top notch. I would definitely stay again! I’ll be back to the World this fall with my sister, probably in a moderate, but in a few years when my hubby and kids come back, we will have a hard time deciding NOT to stay here. We’ve always said we will try AKL, but given the experience we had at WL/Copper Creek, we may just have to stay here again. :-)

Last edited:

Hi, friends! We just got back from our first stay at Cooper Creek (on rented points) and it was absolutely wonderful! We had two suites on two separate reservations. I had asked the rental company to have the member reference/link the reservations, and we ended up getting suites right next to each other... 1134 and 1136 facing Boulder Ridge. The location was great - right near the CC elevator and a side door that was a great shortcut to and from the buses, the Boulder Ridge pool, and the walkway to Geyser Point. Both of these rooms have tubs, and 1134 has a connecting door to what I assume is a one bedroom. 1136 is a dedicated studio. The rooms were sparkling clean and had tons of towels. We missed our towel service on day four because my son and husband each were napping and had the do not disturb signs up, but we were able to grab our own towels from a cart that was in the hallway each morning. The cart also had sheets, toilet paper, tissues, and paper towels, which I thought was great! I didn’t miss the usual daily housekeeping at all, especially since they take the trash every day.

We ate breakfast, a late dinner, and some snacks at Roaring Fork, and everything was pretty good. The chocolate mint cupcake that they have right now is delicious. My hubby and I had drinks, wings, and cheesy brisket dip at Geyser Point one evening and that was tasty, too. That’s a great spot to sit and hang out. My sons were down there one night just walking around and ended up watching the electric water parade from a couple of comfy chairs, which they really enjoyed. On our departure day we had breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe and we really liked that, as well. We had the skillet, eggs Benedict, a Belgian waffle, and steel-cut oatmeal, and it was all fantastic.

My 16 year old and I hung out at the Boulder Ridge pool while the hubby and 18 year old were napping one afternoon, and we really enjoyed it. We had walked by the main pool and it was a bit noisy for us because there were tons of little kids and the staff was running a bunch of activities, but I can see how families with younger kids would really enjoy it.

And that lobby... it’s really breathtaking. We enjoyed just sitting in it and relaxing. The store was great, too. Service throughout the resort was top notch. I would definitely stay again! I’ll be back to the World this fall with my sister, probably in a moderate, but in a few years when my hubby and kids come back, we will have a hard time deciding NOT to stay here. We’ve always said we will try AKL, but given the experience we had at WL/Copper Creek, we may just have to stay here again. :-)
That's so great that you enjoyed CC. Thanks for the report on the tubs. That is consistent with our expectation that the first floor rooms are generally tubs, but I was curious about the lockoff. Also, is it possible that 1134 was the dedicated room and 1136 was the lockoff that connected to the next room closer to Bay Lake? That would be more consistent with the declaration map and what we have on page 1, but you never know, stranger things have happened.

It is so great that you got the two rooms together and had a great time. As you've found, WL can be addicting. Thanks for sharing and we'll see you around in the future.

Last edited:
That's so great that you enjoyed CC. Thanks for the report on the tubs. That is consistent with our expectation that the first floor rooms are generally tubs, but I was curious about the lockoff. Also, is it possible that 1134 was the dedicated room and 1136 was the lockoff that connected to the next room closer to Bay Lake? That would be more consistent with the declaration map and what we have on page 1, but you never know, stranger things have happened.

It is so great that you goe the two rooms together and had a great time. As you've found, WL can be addicting. Thanks for sharing and we'll see you around in the future.

Yes, you are right - 1134 is the dedicated studio and 1136 is the one with the connecting door. I had them backwards. I’ll fix my original post. Good catch!

Following for this info only. Is there more of a demand for a tub/shower combo?

Who knows but I found the opposite. I ended up sticking with tub/shower while scanning because of much better availability over time. But scanning for eight nights one time certainly doesn't provide concrete evidence.

Who knows but I found the opposite. I ended up sticking with tub/shower while scanning because of much better availability over time. But scanning for eight nights in a one shot deal certainly doesn't provide concrete evidence.
They did release a bunch of the tubs into the condo. So that made the tub showers be super available compared to the walkin showers. However now that most of the studios have been declared I think looking at how Christmas goes will be a good judge. My guess is the tub showers will be more popular for 1) the tub for family use and 2) the possibility to get the alternate configuration which are all tubs. Though this is all conjecture.

RUMOR

So I happened to be on another message site, and someone mentioned they had a reservation at REUNION STATION for February. They received a call the other day saying that Reunion Station was CLOSING and asked if they wanted a refund. Another person called and it was Confirmed to them it was closing February 3rd!!!

I feel like Reunion Station was a good concept, but poor execution. The value just didn't seem commensurate with what you got. I hope they turn it into a Community Room. Someone else suggested that they tear down the whole building (Geyser Point, too), and make a great signature restaurant. A great sig would be wonderful, but we really love Geyser Point! I hope they leave that as it is.

I feel like Reunion Station was a good concept, but poor execution. The value just didn't seem commensurate with what you got. I hope they turn it into a Community Room. Someone else suggested that they tear down the whole building (Geyser Point, too), and make a great signature restaurant. A great sig would be wonderful, but we really love Geyser Point! I hope they leave that as it is.

I really can’t see them tearing it down! It’s a beautiful building, and they actually did a great job on the inside! I think they can come up with something that would benefit the Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge members.

UPDATE ON REUNION STATION

I just called and spoke with a CM who confirmed that Reunion Station (AS A CLUB LEVEL) will definitely be closing the beginning of February. She said that the building itself will still remain open and continue to offer the paid activities. She said she had heard that more paid activities will be coming, now that they will have more time to do them. She has not heard anything other than that at this time

Last edited:
Never liked the concept of Reunion Station. While I've never advocated for tearing down GP or RS, I adamantly believe that Disney missed a prime opportunity to build a Signature restaurant on the water where both of those areas now exist. Sometimes, I'm convinced Disney has a strategic cap with plans laid out two or more decades out, such as with DVC's recent and past recent decisions. Other times, I can't imagine what they were thinking: "Hey, let's close down the only Signature at this deluxe resort and stick in a character meal--instant money! We'll toss in a weird menu that some parents like and kids mostly don't (Ed. note: anecdotal). We'll also build a bar that isn't a bar but isn't a QS and isn't a TS, and for good measure, we'll put in this place where we can charge a family of 4 $200 a day extra for pastries, pasta, and beer!" Honestly, I don't understand the thought process. Personally, if I'm adding more premium rooms at a deluxe resort, one of my first questions would be, how can we make the Signature service there a go-to destination? My answer would have been to spend a little money and put in another water front restaurant with views of fireworks and a menu worthy of Napa Rose. Obviously, I was not asked. pirate:

So I saw mention in some Facebook groups that there is a real issue getting CCR booking at the 11 month mark. Is this a real thing or just the usual Facebook "sky is falling" stuff? I trust this group more than any other, so your views would be good to know. Many thanks.

On the morning of Jan 13th I attempted to make a reservation for Dec 13-15th 2019 in a studio. Both categories showed no availability. I ended up waitlisting. So if you want a studio during the holidays for just a weekend it may be harder than at other resorts. YMMV

Never liked the concept of Reunion Station. While I've never advocated for tearing down GP or RS, I adamantly believe that Disney missed a prime opportunity to build a Signature restaurant on the water where both of those areas now exist. Sometimes, I'm convinced Disney has a strategic cap with plans laid out two or more decades out, such as with DVC's recent and past recent decisions. Other times, I can't imagine what they were thinking: "Hey, let's close down the only Signature at this deluxe resort and stick in a character meal--instant money! We'll toss in a weird menu that some parents like and kids mostly don't (Ed. note: anecdotal). We'll also build a bar that isn't a bar but isn't a QS and isn't a TS, and for good measure, we'll put in this place where we can charge a family of 4 $200 a day extra for pastries, pasta, and beer!" Honestly, I don't understand the thought process. Personally, if I'm adding more premium rooms at a deluxe resort, one of my first questions would be, how can we make the Signature service there a go-to destination? My answer would have been to spend a little money and put in another water front restaurant with views of fireworks and a menu worthy of Napa Rose. Obviously, I was not asked. pirate:

When I first saw the plans for that area I completely thought it was a fine dining restaurant on the water. It was what made sense to me. And that AP would see some change to its use. Well, AP happened.

When I first saw the plans for that area I completely thought it was a fine dining restaurant on the water. It was what made sense to me. And that AP would see some change to its use. Well, AP happened.
My wife said the same thing! I, being the cynic, did not. I wish I'd been wrong. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter