•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

IMG-20181221-WA0000.jpg IMG-20181229-WA0035.jpg IMG-20181228-WA0035.jpg IMG-20181222-WA0004.jpg IMG-20181228-WA0044.jpg IMG-20181221-WA0001.jpg IMG-20181230-WA0002.jpg IMG-20181228-WA0009.jpg Spent eight nights at CCV. Fantastic stay. Put in some requests hoping for one of the alternate studios, being that I booked the studio with tub.

I was like a spoiled brat as I walked down the endless hall knowing I didn't get it, on the carpet that hates suitcase wheels mumbling "I hate the first floor - I hate the first floor".

Well guess what I LOVED THE FIRST FLOOR! :rotfl2:

I was in 1165. Heard nada. Sometimes I think it is because I am the loud neighbour. :rotfl:

But 1165 is at the end, across from the main pool and ànd the salon. Fantastic location. Right at a door although I might have snuck out my own door many a time. I just realized it also sits under a GV.

The weather became so sublime that I extended my stay on my checkout day. Went over to ASMovies and got a refurbished room when I didn't even know there were refurbished rooms! And reading when I came home I realized that many are trying to figure out how to get them. Loved what they have done with the rooms.

A lovely manager at Wilderness Lodge got me the reservation, really worked for me, as everything - meaning besides some insanely expensive suites - was sold out via central reservations (between Christmas and NYE).

I am allergic to something in the CCV rooms. Felt very tired there. And didn't at all at the All Stars. But I have a few DVC properties where something goes on for me. That is my problem and I didn't let it take away from a fantastic stay. :goodvibes

Last edited:
I really don't understand why they made separate categories for those studios, given that there isn't a boatload of inventory - to make booking a studio easier. I guess I am jaded and can't fathom that they were thinking of parents with small children. Especially since I have heard that some HA units make no sense when some adjustments in those units are an absolute necessity.

Anyway, I found it highly annoying when booking. But not being an owner there, and stalking the inventory, I guess my irritation is a moot point. :laughing:

It never helps with booking to have categories. I think CCV just came at a time that the resort designers got on the walk in shower kick. They added them in a few of the hotels too I believe.

It never helps with booking to have categories. I think CCV just came at a time that the resort designers got on the walk in shower kick. They added them in a few of the hotels too I believe.

Well I have thought many times about writing them about tanking it. I just assumed that I might get a phone call about how all the owners just love it. Insert wink.

I really don't understand why they made separate categories for those studios, given that there isn't a boatload of inventory - to make booking a studio easier. I guess I am jaded and can't fathom that they were thinking of parents with small children. Especially since I have heard that some HA units make no sense when some adjustments in those units are an absolute necessity.

Anyway, I found it highly annoying when booking. But not being an owner there, and stalking the inventory, I guess my irritation is a moot point. :laughing:

I think people were starting to complain when they heard that some rooms only had a shower so DVC made two categories. It does make it rough for wait lists, but for us we would much prefer the walk in shower so we are happy with the categories.

It has been widely reported that there are 41 walk in shower studios, which leaves 37 with tubs. Since there are 31 studios on the first floor (and all that we've seen have had tubs) and six other alternate studios, this could account for all the tubs, IF all alternate studios are tubs. We know 4115 is handicapped accessible, but are waiting to hear back from the poster who stayed in it to confirm whether it had a walk in shower. I'm also wondering about tub status for rooms 4103 and 5103, the bear face lockoff studios.
I confirmed with DVC at the time I added on at Copper Creek that there are 41 studios with walk-in showers and 37 studios with tubs. I have not seen anything that disputes those numbers.

I think people were starting to complain when they heard that some rooms only had a shower so DVC made two categories. It does make it rough for wait lists, but for us we would much prefer the walk in shower so we are happy with the categories.

I do like the walk-in showers.

Personally I'd prefer an easier time in booking and would go with luck of the draw. Just me however. Way back with VGC I was initially upset that they decided not to have view categories there. It wasn't too long before I realized I'd have been very frustrated if they did.

So I saw mention in some Facebook groups that there is a real issue getting CCR booking at the 11 month mark. Is this a real thing or just the usual Facebook "sky is falling" stuff? I trust this group more than any other, so your views would be good to know. Many thanks.

So I saw mention in some Facebook groups that there is a real issue getting CCR booking at the 11 month mark. Is this a real thing or just the usual Facebook "sky is falling" stuff? I trust this group more than any other, so your views would be good to know. Many thanks.
I was able to get a studio w/ walk in shower at CCV for August 2019, at just under 7 mths. I initially booked at my home resort at 8 mths out, then switched to Boulder Ridge right at 7 mths, then CCV (that we really wanted to try) became available a few days later!

As with all resorts--the 11 mth home booking can be difficult around Thanksgiving, Christmas, and other 'busy' DVC times. If you're flexible about when you're going, you shouldn't have an issue.

I think it has been difficult, all because of people walking their reservations and they're clogging up the system for everyone. In my opinion, the anxiety about CCR being hard to book has created it's own problem. If you watch the availability day to day, it changes constantly. If nobody did this, I'd say it would be mildly more difficult to book than the other DVC resorts at this time of year. But it only works if everyone cooperates.

With that said, on the day my 11 month window opened, I booked a 1 bedroom for Thanksgiving week with zero problems. It stayed that way for a few days, then started getting a lot more sporadic. I've been checking every day as a matter of curiosity and occasionally have been surprised to see entire weeks open.

Completely understand.

-------------

But if you ever have to make a change after the 11 month opening, you might change your mind. ;)

I am not the norm as I love stalking -

I booked eight nights in a studio over Christmas at about six months (booked in chunks, not all at once).

Oh my. So happy to have found this thread. I have a lot of reading to do! Please add us to the list :) We are fairly new owners and will have our first stay as owners for only 2 nights in September then again 2 nights in December. We are adding our DVC days on to existing 4 night stays elsewhere in WDW.
I look forward to learning a lot about CCV and all of you!

ksromack*October 2018*April
ksromack*Sept 16&17 2019*Studio, first stay as owners
ksromack*December 13&14 2019*1 BR-introducing our 15 mo granddaughter to the Mouse!

Oh my. So happy to have found this thread. I have a lot of reading to do! Please add us to the list :) We are fairly new owners and will have our first stay as owners for only 2 nights in September then again 2 nights in December. We are adding our DVC days on to existing 4 night stays elsewhere in WDW.

ksromack*December 13&14 2019*1 BR-introducing our 15 mo granddaughter to the Mouse!

Enjoy! Congratulations!

:welcome: and Congrats!! I believe we were just chatting over on the WL board! Happy you found us! That’s great you booked your first trip! So excited for your Grandaughter!! What a great age! My DS was 16 months old on his first trip, and it was magical!!!! I’ll be sure to get your information on Page 1! Stop by anytime!!!!

*WELCOME HOME!*

We've been DVC members since 2011 and have always loved WL. We just added on points at CCV last July. We were staying at CC at the time in a 1 bedroom and we HAD to add on more points. DH and i will be going this Oct for a 6 night stay in a studio followed by a 3 night cruise for our 20th anniversary with out the kids.

So excited! Today was the opening of our booking window. My internal alarm clock woke me up right at 6:55 to book at 7 (I'm on cst.) I was able to get the full week I needed. I do need to add one more night as we would like to stay for 8, but one night is easier than 7. This is our first stay as owners in our home resort.

Please add us to the list for 12/13/19-12/21/19. Yay!

So excited! Today was the opening of our booking window. My internal alarm clock woke me up right at 6:55 to book at 7 (I'm on cst.) I was able to get the full week I needed. I do need to add one more night as we would like to stay for 8, but one night is easier than 7. This is our first stay as owners in our home resort.

Please add us to the list for 12/13/19-12/21/19. Yay!

That is awesome! We are staying at our other home resort next December, but I look forward to visiting for a meal and staying at CCV in 2020. Watching booking this year for December was interesting. Glad you got what you wanted!

We are booked for our first stay as owners in a 2 bedroom at CCV May 1-7! We are so excited! Going back to CCV Nov. 9-16!!!! We also purchased annual passes since we will be there two weeks this year!

Hey, mrsap! Long time, no see! I do drop in on occasion to see how things are going here on our sister thread, and now I have a date to add when you get the time. We're heading down to Copper Creek from 5-9 March after spending a couple of days at VB. No other occasion other than getting out of the cold here in southwest VA. Thanks and keep up the good work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!