•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

The picture is filling in. This completes the first floor, and we were right except for rooms 1136 and 1138 actually being a lockoff. I updated the map today, and to make our room counts work out somewhere in the undeclared rooms (on the 2nd floor) we are showing a lockoff that is actually a studio next to a 1 bedroom, but overall we are very close.

ETA: I am assuming that 2110 / 2112 is the combo that is actually separate rooms, but it could be any other lockoff on the second floor. I have updated the maps accordingly to keep the room type count correct.

I have my guaranteed week booked for next December. It is a studio with tub combo. I requested a room location on either 4th or 3rd floor. What are my chances of getting a studio alternate room?
It is still tough to know for sure since we don't know exactly which studios have tubs, but my assumption would be that your chances would be pretty good if your 3rd or 4th floor request is met. Most studios with tubs are on the first floor, but besides those the only other tub studios we have seen pictures of have been alternate studios. The other lockoffs on those floors are likely walk in showers, so your chances are good if they can fit you in on those floors. Good luck, and I'm sure you'll have a great stay either way.

Last edited:
I have my guaranteed week booked for next December. It is a studio with tub combo. I requested a room location on either 4th or 3rd floor. What are my chances of getting a studio alternate room?

December when? I don't want to tell you how to better your chances at MY room.:P

Seriously though, you might up your odds if you added "with a courtyard view" to your request as there are only 4 studios on the 3rd or 4th floor with that view and one is the alternate. I'm shooting for the 22/27 in a 2BR LO only two of those....good luck.:-)

Last edited:
This morning was my first time doing my 11 month reservation at CCV for this upcoming December. Amazing how fast the first week of December is selling out. As of right now pretty much
only thing left are the cabins for the first week of December.

I got on right at 8am and got my 2 bedroom. Now I know why they urge u to get on so early.

This morning was my first time doing my 11 month reservation at CCV for this upcoming December. Amazing how fast the first week of December is selling out. As of right now pretty much
only thing left are the cabins for the first week of December.

I got on right at 8am and got my 2 bedroom. Now I know why they urge u to get on so early.

I've wondered if all the hype about CCV booking up early hasn't made the process worse. Everyone is worried about getting a room so more people decided to walk, stuff like that. I was really worried about getting in for Thanksgiving. But if you watch the board for a few days you start to see a lot of movement so I'm assuming that's what's happening.

Hi all, Anyone have interest in renting out some of your copper creek points? We want to stay there next December. We own SSR but want to rent from a copper creek owner so we can book right at the 11 month window, which would be next Tuesday. We need 45 points (Deluxe studio 1/8-1/12 - 4 nights). Please let me know. Thanks

Rentals need to be done on the rental board. Look for someone offering their points for rent and respond to that post.

I want to say thanks to @GrandCalifornian for all the work he’s done on the CCV villa maps. In case you all haven’t seen he’s color coordinated the villa types to make it easier to see where various villa types are located. There a few that are still best guess but it’s very close!

Thanks! We now have confirmation of the room types and locations on all but the second floor. Determining which studios have tubs is another story, but currently was assuming all first floor studios have tubs, and all alternate studios besides 4115 have tubs. This leaves at least one other tub studio somewhere, so I'm looking forward to determining where it is. I am particularly interested in knowing if the "Bear Face" studios 4103 and 5103 were converted to walk in showers or left as tubs. Time will tell, and I'll update the map as we learn more. It is a cooperative effort.

I want to say thanks to @GrandCalifornian for all the work he’s done on the CCV villa maps. In case you all haven’t seen he’s color coordinated the villa types to make it easier to see where various villa types are located. There a few that are still best guess but it’s very close!

Thanks! We now have confirmation of the room types and locations on all but the second floor. Determining which studios have tubs is another story, but currently was assuming all first floor studios have tubs, and all alternate studios besides 4115 have tubs. This leaves at least one other tub studio somewhere, so I'm looking forward to determining where it is. I am particularly interested in knowing if the "Bear Face" studios 4103 and 5103 were converted to walk in showers or left as tubs. Time will tell, and I'll update the map as we learn more. It is a cooperative effort.

Yes Thank you GC for the work you've put into the room maps and thread in general and to mrsap for the thread and maintenance of it. It's an invaluable resource for everyone.

Have you any information on the location of the Handicap Accessible vacation homes at Copper Creek?

At the Polynesian, the confirmed HA studios all have hinged balcony doors and the non-HA studios have sliding balcony doors. These hinged doors actually appear on the Condo Drawings.

Thinking that Copper Creek might also have hinged balcony doors for its HA vacation homes, I went back and looked again at the Condo Drawings in the Master Declaration and the subsequent eight declarations. A quick glance revealed the following Units/vacation homes appear to have hinged balcony doors:

Master Declaration: Unit 2H, Grand Villa on 5th Floor;
Declaration #1: No hinged vacation homes;
Declaration #2 No hinged vacation homes;
Declaration #3 Unit 7F, Grand Villa on 3rd Floor;
Declaration #4 No hinged vacation homes;
Declaration #5 Unit 16A, three One-Bedroom vacation homes on 6th Floor;
Declaration #6 No hinged vacation homes
Declaration #7 Unit 18A, Two-Bedroom on 1st Floor;
Declaration #8 Unit 19A, Two-Bedroom on 1st Floor; and Unit 19D, Alternate Two-Bedroom on 1st Floor.

Unit 01A may also have an HA cabin. The Unit has two cabins and the cabin on the left (closest to Geyser Point) has a different layout near its hot tub than the other cabins. Perhaps this indicates it is an HA cabin.

If the presence of hinged doors are an accurate indicator of HA vacation homes, then I suspect that these vacation homes are probably part of Copper Creek's HA inventory.

Has anyone reported staying in an HA?

Since I glanced quickly at the drawings, I might have missed a Unit or two.

By the way, one way I confirmed the HA studios at the Polynesian was by walking the hallways and looking at the entry doors for the studios. The HA studios all had peepholes at wheelchair height. Coupled with guest reports about the specific studios let us confirm that the Polynesian's HA studios had hinged, rather than sliding, balcony doors.

Have you any information on the location of the Handicap Accessible vacation homes at Copper Creek?
It looks like you found it on the declaration maps, but I did notice the hinged balcony doors on the first floor 2 bedroom on the North side and lockoff on the South side. These are likely Handicapped accessible, and my guess is they probably don’t have tubs. I’d love to hear confirmation from anyone who stayed in one.

It looks like you found it on the declaration maps, but I did notice the hinged balcony doors on the first floor 2 bedroom on the North side and lockoff on the South side. These are likely Handicapped accessible, and my guess is they probably don’t have tubs. I’d love to hear confirmation from anyone who stayed in one.

HA rooms can have tubs. Not all are done with roll-in showers. And I wonder where they are fitting roll-in showers in the count. In all other locations they are still part of the regular count and I wouldn't consider them to fit the walk-in shower definition per se.

At the Polynesian, the confirmed HA studios all have hinged balcony doors and the non-HA studios have sliding balcony doors. These hinged doors actually appear on the Condo Drawings.

Thinking that Copper Creek might also have hinged balcony doors for its HA vacation homes, I went back and looked again at the Condo Drawings in the Master Declaration and the subsequent eight declarations. A quick glance revealed the following Units/vacation homes appear to have hinged balcony doors:

Master Declaration: Unit 2H, Grand Villa on 5th Floor;
Declaration #1: No hinged vacation homes;
Declaration #2 No hinged vacation homes;
Declaration #3 Unit 7F, Grand Villa on 3rd Floor;
Declaration #4 No hinged vacation homes;
Declaration #5 Unit 16A, three One-Bedroom vacation homes on 6th Floor;
Declaration #6 No hinged vacation homes
Declaration #7 Unit 18A, Two-Bedroom on 1st Floor;
Declaration #8 Unit 19A, Two-Bedroom on 1st Floor; and Unit 19D, Alternate Two-Bedroom on 1st Floor.

Unit 01A may also have an HA cabin. The Unit has two cabins and the cabin on the left (closest to Geyser Point) has a different layout near its hot tub than the other cabins. Perhaps this indicates it is an HA cabin.

If the presence of hinged doors are an accurate indicator of HA vacation homes, then I suspect that these vacation homes are probably part of Copper Creek's HA inventory.

Has anyone reported staying in an HA?

Since I glanced quickly at the drawings, I might have missed a Unit or two.

By the way, one way I confirmed the HA studios at the Polynesian was by walking the hallways and looking at the entry doors for the studios. The HA studios all had peepholes at wheelchair height. Coupled with guest reports about the specific studios let us confirm that the Polynesian's HA studios had hinged, rather than sliding, balcony doors.

A quick way to at least learn what HA layouts are offered is to use the online booking tool.

CCV HA GV's are tubs. Nothing comes up as having a roll-in shower for GV's. For DVC the HA is usually in the master and not in any other bathroom.
1BRs - both tub and roll-in shower options
Cabins seem to be only HA roll in shower option.
Studios have both HA tub and roll-in shower
2BR's - Dedicated appears only to have the HA tub. You have to go to a lock-off to have a roll in shower. And if it's like other resorts it isn't uncommon to have both the 1BR and the studio side both be HA options of the listed type but that will possibly depend on reports.

Amazing detective work!

Re: the quoted part, I'm almost positive that I recently saw somewhere that cabin 8014 is HA. I think it was a trip report with pictures, but unfortunately, can't remember exactly where.

anyone know the inventory counts for the CCV studios? How many are standard with bathtub and how many have walk-in shower? Thanks!

There are 42 dedicated studios and 36 two bedroom lockoffs, for a total of 78 potential studios. It has been widely reported that there are 41 walk in shower studios, which leaves 37 with tubs. Since there are 31 studios on the first floor (and all that we've seen have had tubs) and six other alternate studios, this could account for all the tubs, IF all alternate studios are tubs. We know 4115 is handicapped accessible, but are waiting to hear back from the poster who stayed in it to confirm whether it had a walk in shower. I'm also wondering about tub status for rooms 4103 and 5103, the bear face lockoff studios.

I really don't understand why they made separate categories for those studios, given that there isn't a boatload of inventory - to make booking a studio easier. I guess I am jaded and can't fathom that they were thinking of parents with small children. Especially since I have heard that some HA units make no sense when some adjustments in those units are an absolute necessity.

Anyway, I found it highly annoying when booking. But not being an owner there, and stalking the inventory, I guess my irritation is a moot point. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter