Holiday rush

buzz1fan

DIS Veteran
When do you think the holiday rush will slow down- Jan 1 or the following weekend this year.

I think the following weekend. Kids around here in Texas don't go back to school until Tuesday the 7th.

However, be aware that Marathon Weekend events begin on Wednesday Jan. 8, with the Marathon itself being on Sunday the 12th. So Monday the 13th might be the first day for things to be noticeably slowed down. And the next weekend is Martin Luther King weekend....

If you don’t mind, can I tack on a related question? When do the crowds really start to swell for the holidays? We’re planning a long weekend Dec. 13-16 - it’s right after my semester ends (college prof), but I know most K12 schools are still in session. Trying to set realistic expectations - will it already be crazy, or likely not too bad?

If you don’t mind, can I tack on a related question? When do the crowds really start to swell for the holidays? We’re planning a long weekend Dec. 13-16 - it’s right after my semester ends (college prof), but I know most K12 schools are still in session. Trying to set realistic expectations - will it already be crazy, or likely not too bad?
The busiest week is Christmas to New Year’s, with the buildup starting the weekend before Christmas when K-12 schools begin their holidays. So I think your dates are good - relatively speaking!

We have gone the weekend before Xmas last few years- crowds have been manageable. We go before our beach trip. I was debating going end of beach trip but I think will be to busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter