Good old fashion fun.

Chili327

DIS Veteran
I love old TV shows and movies (“Whats My Line” is a great old show), this episode came up and I figure because Walt was the surprise guest it’s perfectly appropriate for the boards. Watch the whole thing, don’t skip to Walt.
Hilarious how times have changed, and how so many things could not or would not be aired in todays world.

Last edited:
Dorothy Kilgallen “officially” died of an overdose of alcohol and sleeping pills, but there was speculation that she was really murdered by force feeding her the stuff and the scene then staged to look accidental.

Supposedly she had obtained, or was close to obtaining, information about JFK’s assassination that would be extremely embarrassing to LBJ, the FBI, the CIA, the Mafia, take your pick.

LBJ was furious that some tidbits of the Warren Commission findings were leaked to her before he received the information.

Last edited:
Dorothy Kilgallen “officially” died of an overdose of alcohol and sleeping pills, but there was speculation that she was really murdered by force feeding her the stuff and the scene staged to look accidental.

Supposedly she had obtained, or was close to obtaining, information about JFK’s assassination that would be extremely embarrassing to LBJ, the FBI, the CIA, the Mafia, take your pick.

LBJ was furious that some tidbits of the Warren Commission’s were leaked to her before he received the information.
Yes, I saw the first episode that was shot after she died, they made mention of it, but not the allegations it was foul play.
It is interesting that some documents of President Kennedy's administration and assassination are still sealed. The law says Presidential papers can remain sealed for 50 years after their death, and there was much anticipation in 2013 as to what would be unsealed. President Obama ordered them to remain sealed. When President Trump took office, he did the same, and when President Biden took office he too ordered the Kennedy documents to remain sealed. So clearly there is something in them that President's feel should not be made public.

Dorothy Kilgallen “officially” died of an overdose of alcohol and sleeping pills, but there was speculation that she was really murdered by force feeding her the stuff and the scene staged to look accidental.

LBJ was furious that some tidbits of the Warren Commission’s were leaked to her before he received the information.

I'm not really one to go in for conspiracy theories, but her death was definitely fishy. I wouldn't say for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if there had been some foul play. It's too bad either way though - she was such an interesting lady.

I love old TV shows and movies (“Whats My Line” is a great old show), this episode came up and I figure because Walt was the surprise guest it’s perfectly appropriate for the boards. Watch the whole thing, don’t skip to Walt.
Hilarious how times have changed, and how so many things could not or would not be aired in todays world.

I agree that there are shows that would never make prime tie today. My DH watches Match game on the game show network I think. Ugh. The show is cringe, and Gene Raeburn is gross.

I like a lot of the old comedies, but I find myself getting pretty annoyed at some of the character interactions, as well as the roles they played. I Love Lucy comes to mind. I know that as a woman, she was really ahead of her time in the industry, but I just want to wring Ricky's neck every time he says "No" just to say "No" and then she devises some scheme to get what she wanted. She screws up and he needs to come in and rescue her. Sometimes when he says that he woudl have done it despite the fact he said no, I lose my mind.

I agree that there are shows that would never make prime tie today. My DH watches Match game on the game show network I think. Ugh. The show is cringe, and Gene Raeburn is gross.

I like a lot of the old comedies, but I find myself getting pretty annoyed at some of the character interactions, as well as the roles they played. I Love Lucy comes to mind. I know that as a woman, she was really ahead of her time in the industry, but I just want to wring Ricky's neck every time he says "No" just to say "No" and then she devises some scheme to get what she wanted. She screws up and he needs to come in and rescue her. Sometimes when he says that he woudl have done it despite the fact he said no, I lose my mind.

I get waht your saying - some old movies annoy me with that stuff. With I Love Lucy, I tend to see it as Ricky is not saying no because she is a woman, but rather because she is Lucy - her character is a bit of a goof and a wild-card and he knows how it's going to go. 🤣

Last edited:
I like What's My Line and other old game shows,
as well as many old TV series - I call them my "comfort" shows.
I like to watch/listen to them as I sit here at the PC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter