ZW's Birthday Gala: Part 8 - Hats, Pins and a Shirt.

Zurg

<font color=red>Eivl <font color=navy>Emperor<br><
Nope not Connor.

Me, 3rd Time.

I almost made it a few years ago. Kimball and I had just figured out how to play the game one Tuesday morning in early September a few years ago when they went and closed the park. We knew why and were in MGM because she was getting too upset watching the TV. It was the 11th, 2001.

We came back the next day. They had removed the film of Regis talking about flying to New York. I got in the hot seat. I was in again over Halloween the next year.

I was much less nerve racking this time. I got another shirt but didn’t know the derivation of the word Bungalow. After show I gave the host a BadShoe pin.

Kelley said she knew it was Hindi. Brat figured it out.

Delaney and Blair had been fighting over who got to wear the old hat I had brought down. Now they could both wear one. This privilege stopped the later in the trip.

Connor wanted to get in the seat bad. I was to sit next to him and give him answers. Walking over that morning he said. “Dad we have to get you some coffee, I need to get you as smart as possible.”

With a few days Kelley was starting to get high on the top ten board, with little or no coaching from me I might ad. One day, after one of her friends joined our merry band; she folded up her seat and sat cross legged on the floor in full thumb combat mode. She looked goofy and I was laughing out loud at her until...

…She was #1!

Kelley gets a little giddy when she is nervous. She was real nervous.

I am not at all sure she ever actually sat in the chair. She was bouncing all over the stage. She needed a 50:50 just to get past the first question but she didn’t have a care in the world. She was in the hot seat (and her brothers weren't.)

Dennis was the host and he was clearly having a great time. At one point he stopped, asked Kelley to looking the big screen and said that ladies in the control booth wanted Kelley to say hi to them.

Kelley got a hat and by then none of us was playing anymore, nor didn’t we care about the board. On one question she gave an answer, without saying final answer, listened to the crowd groan and changed her mind.

She claims she learned this from me. I am proud she had the presence of mind to milk an extra life line out of the crowd, (one guy yelled out "Give her a mulligan!") but I don’t exactly remember giving her those specific instructions.

Must just be the whole Evil Emperor influence.

She got to 8,000.

I knew that Y in YMCA was Young not Youth. I am just old.

It is much more fun to watch you kid bounce around in the hot seat than to be in it.

We tracked down Dennis after the show and gave him a BadShoe.com Pin. He said he had seen one before and asked what BadShoe.com was. It is explained it started right there in MGM.

After Kelley earned a hat I wouldn’t let any of the other kids wear one of mine. I wanted Kelley to get the Cast Member attention the hat draws for her efforts.

Now we play a lot of Millionaire. It just so happens that we were in the show a day or two later and Dennis was the host. I was wearing my shirt and when the 32,000 point question came up he looks at me in the audience and asks if anyone has one on and would they come down.

So there I am wandering around the stage in my shirt as some fat (not phat) fashion model. After the show he found us leaving and told us he had been to BadShoe and even played our version of Who Wants to be a Cast Member - Play It.
http://badshoe.com/play_it!.htm

About then we started collecting the names of the cast and crew. We are going to send one huge thank you card.

Connor became more determined. I became more caffeinated as he tried to make me smarter.

But it turns out that a friend, then fast fingers not a caffeine buz would earn the next hats.

Great reports! I've never tried Millionaire before.... I think I'll have to next month!

Can't wait for the next installment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter