ZW's Birthday Gala: Part 18 Cool Stuff - Pictures Added

Zurg

<font color=red>Eivl <font color=navy>Emperor<br><
Connor thought it was cool that he found a Delorian in the AK parking lot. Kim wasn’t so happy that the quest for Mr. White Butt required a search of every car in the lot.

Was there anything I could do?

No Way Jose.

OK

Direct landing Beaches & Cream.

We ate and plotted out the next moves. Kelley had a friend coming down from Canada to join us. Kelley and Kim were going over to Tampa to pick her up Sunday morining. The plan was for the boys to fish with the Boardwalk recreation kids fishing trip and Delaney and I would find something to kill the time.

Kelley’s friend Alex lives in Toronto. Her dad is a minister and gets moved around quite a bit. Kelley and Alex were in the same grade before all this moving and they stay in touch with instant messaging.

We had extra space with a DVC two bedroom. The plan was Alex’s folks had some frequent flyer miles as he had done a few years in Australia (you build up miles going there.)

Unfortunately by the time we asked if she could join us, the miles couldn’t get Alex to Florida. We were lamenting this one evening with some friends when low and behold some kind Caped Crusader type offered to fly Alex down if we didn’t reveal their secret identity.

Cool.

Fire up the Bat Signal, dial the Bat Phone and get Alex’s mom.

Anyway back to the plan, I stopped by the Boardwalk Community Hall to check on the fishing trip. I’ll be honest, it of was packed, I was going to cancel. The kids trip is great fun but a mob can be tough, plus I had Delaney and we needed something to do too.

Well it seams they had me down for Tuesday not Sunday. They don’t have a Sunday Kids fishing trip.

No problem, I say, I was thinking about canceling anyway.

They don’t give up that easy. They took my cell phone number and said they would call me. They had some things to check on the schedule.

Seriously I can just cancel.

Apparently not.

I think I have I mentioned the cookies, thank you banner, pins and other BadShoe odds and ends we have passed out in the Community Hall? Did I mention Bill’s fishing locker has a sticker with Connor’s picture and a BadShoe.com sticker on it? The one his boss gave him at a staff meeting? I think I did.

I got a call, yeas I can cancel if I really want to BUT for us, Bill has added a kids fishing trip for the boys Sunday. Hey he was going to be at work any way.

Cool.

There weren’t flights to Orlando left when the deal went down, so Sunday Kim and Kelley get up early to drive to Tampa and get Alex. ‘Laney the boys and I headed over to Epcot. The boys are doing Mission Space and Delaney and I are going to ride Test Track. Walking in we see Bill out fishing and wave.

I got a batch of TT fast passes before Delaney and I went in stand by so we could ride with the boys when they got back from Mars. We have done this commando thing before fishing trips before. Test Track broke down and the boys almost killed me thinking they would literally miss the boat. (See: http://badshoe.com/DunlapDisney/trip_reports.htm - Temporarily Experiencing System Troubles.)

Anyway the commando thing went flawlessly. The boys rode Hurl-a-Whirl and Laney and I rode test track. We met up with the boys and rode Test Track on fast passes. So I didn’t have any tragedies to write about.

I did loose the lens cap of my brand new camera. I thought things were looking up on the bad news makes for good trip reports front when the CM didn’t even know where to look. However another guest was standing there and said they had found it in the car and told me where they turned it in.

Cool - even if my trip report suffers.

We walked over to Boardwalk and Bill was waiting for us. I paid for the boys to fish and Bill said Delaney and I could come along too.

Cool.

You fish with hotdogs as bait on the kid’s trip. The fish are used to it. The guides take you to places where the fish get fed regularly. We always catch fish on these trips. Bill brought along Terry to help out. We had one on one coverage; three adults - three kids. Good boat odds.

We started fishing right off Boardwalk Comminute Hall. Almost right away Terry had Delaney “check to see if the bait is on the line.” Sure enough there was a fish. She was thrilled but not thrilled enough to touch the fish.
fishlane_small.JPG

Everyone caught some fish, blue gills. After a while Bill discreetly helped one of the smaller blue gills onto a hock as bait. The kids were not fully aware of what was going on but once the bass hit it they didn’t care. Connor fought the fish with a little help from Blair. Fish to the side Bill wouldn’t help out he said Blair had to man the net.
fish3_small.JPG
fish2_small.JPG

Cool - 21” 4.8 pounds.
fish4_small.JPG

Latter Connor would call it 20’ and 4.7lbs. Bill was deeply wounded at the lack of proper fishing etiquette. He explained that if you are going to get the numbers wrong go on the high side. We got another bass, smaller this time and the boys traded rolls bringing it in.
fish6_small.JPG

The whole time Terry is quietly calling Delaney over to check the bait. It was amazing how good at fishing she was. It seemed like every time she checked there was a blue gill. Connor had figured things out and wanted to use then all as Bass bait. The kid is no dummy.

Eventually we moved to other spots because, as Bill said, you should get a boat ride. The fishing wasn’t any better but we had a great time buzzing aound.

The joy of the fishing trip is the change of pace; the parks are a commando operation. Fishing is fishing.

Kim called at some point to say they got Alex and just as the trip was ending she called to say she was getting back to WDW. Terry & Bill were some what amazed at the time she made back from Tampa. I explained about her lead foot as I gave Terry a pin like Bill’s.

Fishing worked up an appetite and Kim, Kelley and Alex hadn’t eaten; no point in easing Alex into things, we met up at Beaches and Cream. Alex was impressed.
beaches_small.JPG

Alex got the full beginners tour; Commando mode mornings hitting all the E tickets, with a heavy dose of Millionaire in the afternoons. We gave Alex a BadShoe shirt but it may well be that we were sufficiently nutty that she didn’t want to be associated with us.

Alex took the abuse we dished out in good stride, she didn’t once slow down commando mornings in a gift shop although she and Kelley did do a fair amount of shopping in the afternoons. One day the two of them went to Downtown and came back with bags of stuff but I didn’t have to go. It was great to have her around.

This was so sweet of you to invite Alex...and your friendCaped Crusader it a great person....I must meet Jeff next visit to BWV he sounds like a hoot and a must to request him for our next IllumiNations Cruise

I lost the lens cap to my Rebel 2000 camera ... never found it ... the darn thing was always falling off. Went to a camera shop and bought brand "x" ... much nicer, has a squeeze lock thingie so it never falls off ... the best $5 I've ever spent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter