ZW's Birthday Gala: P9 - Who Else Wants To Be A Millionaire

Zurg

<font color=red>Eivl <font color=navy>Emperor<br><
So after Kelley got in the Hot Seat the other kids wanted in big time. Connor and Blair by the end of the trip were practically obsessed.

So there we are a day or two later sitting in our seats, the boys on either side of me asking me what the answer is practically before the show starts. Who should we see see walking in but Buz, Mattsmom and company. Mattsmom had slipped and was a little hurt. Our hero Buz was pushing her about in a wheel chair.

What a Guy! Who says chivalry is dead?

They sat down in the box seats we were up in the bleachers.

So we yell and waive. Then get down to some serious question answering.

We cracked the bottom of the board but when time came to fill the Hot seat it was Mattsmom who got the call. We went NUTS cheering. She had to explain who the rooting section other than her family was.

I think if she was smart she would have claimed she had no idea.

We caught up after the show and Buz had the hat in protective custody since she doesn’t do baseball hats. It was pretty cool.

My boys’ obsession grew even more.

On our last day they and Kim wanted to do NOTHING but Millionaire. So after Kent the bell hop trucked our tons of bags for storage we walked over to MGM. We made it into the first show of the day as they were testing the show lights. Sat down and it was time for the days first fastest finger.

I noticed the CMs moving our way as the board went up. And the fastest fingers belonged to:

Delaney!

Delaney is 6. - Dad was selected to go up with her. She is no dummy the stage looks like there is nothing there. She ain't walking on no invisible floor.

I carried Delaney over the dreaded glass and set her in the hot seat. She was a little nervous but unlike Kelley she was quiet and all business. She answered with the letter the answerer and final answer. No chit chat.

Our pal Dennis is the host. Delaney warmed up to the game and I wanted her to have some fun so we used a life line and before I could suggest 50/50 she polled the audience. No big deal we won a hat, she had a big smile by now and put it on.

I think she was thinking “So there Dad, Now I can wear a hat any time I want!” (She wore it no stop for three days.)

So at the 1000 point break Denis has the camera zoom out to show my BadShoe.com shirt. He had me explain the site and asked if I had been arrested taking the pictures. He went on to say it was a very funny sight and gave us a nice plug.

Then when the camera showed three women in the audience he demanded to see their shoes. I am thinking I could be in big trouble but nope, running shoes all.

However, I kept the lens cap on the camera all day, I wasn’t taking any chances with witnesses.

I didn’t know folic acid was vitamin B. Nor did a complete stranger. Fortunately for me after the fact no one else in the family did but it cost Delaney a shirt none the less.

We said thanks to Dennis after the show again and the popular consensus was to play again. We sat with a guy who it turns out was also obsessed with the game. His dad had won the cruise. His name was Mark from Chicago. Later we would find out he is a DIS board guy and knows BadShoe (from the DIS he is Experiment626 I think.)

Sing with me, “It’s a Small World After All… “

Delaney got a little bored now that she had a hat of her own now, that no one could tell her to talk off, so she and I went off to see Muppets, Back Lot Tour, Honey I Shrunk the Playground, etc. We would check back with the rest of the family every hour or so and they kept going back into Who Wants to be a Millionaire – Play It.

Other than breaking for lunch (man the parks are crowded at Lunch, we typically leave before lunch for the comforts of the Boardwalk Pool) they kept playing Millionaire, Mark sitting with them all afternoon. Delaney and I did animation tour a few times and hit Little Mermaid. Kim, Kelley and the boys hit 9 of 12 shows that day. Mark skipped eating other than snacks out side the theater and played all twelve of them. We started calling him Uncle Mark and gave him a BadShoe pin so he would feel like one of the family.

After dinner at the Prime Time the boys wanted to go back for the last show. So much so they skipped desert. We met Uncle Mark waiting to get in with a Fastpass.

Fastest finger was a college kid from Atlanta, next up was one of his pals. Now typically there are only two people in the seat per game but Brian was moving the game along and after the second college kid got a hat and then a wrong answerer there was time for one more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter