Zurg's Halloween Act VIII: Almost Perfect

Zurg

<font color=red>Eivl <font color=navy>Emperor<br><
Halloween day at Magic Kingdom is Early Entry or Magic Hour or Without as Many Rooms On Property Occupied as They Would Like Management Woke Up and Smelled the Coffee Brewing and Figured Out That There May Be a Reason For That - Hour (WaMROPOaTWLMWUaStCBaFOTTMBaRFT-H). Call it what you like.

We are going to try to get there early. We have always wanted to open the Magic Kingdom and the early Zurg catches the deal.

Delaney is in The Dress. Bait. She typically gets a lot of Cast Members attention in the Dress. We are standing at the front of the line. Some poor woman is running back and forth between the two gate areas doing the front gate manager thing. Zurgswife jokes that she needs a Segway.

P1010040.JPG

She stops, “A what?” Her name tag says Dolores.

“You know those scooters they are demonstrating over at Epcot, you are running ragged. One would be great for you to zip back and forth” Zurgswife replies.

Zurg tries to do the Jedi Mind control trick. (Hey - It works in the movies.)

Dolores smiles. Everyone likes a little empathy. She cocks her head and asks, “Where are you visiting from?”

“Philadelphia.”
“How many of you are here?”
“6”
“Where are you staying?” She starts pushing buttons and turning the turnstile.
“Boardwalk Villas.”
“Would you like to help Mickey open the Magic Kingdom this morning?”
“Oh yes! We would love to! Thank you so much.”
. . o o O O (It is what we were born to do)

Dolores gives us some confetti, introduces us to the crowd, takes some pictures and we open the Magic Kingdom, most excellent. She says we can stop back and she will give us a Magic Moment certificate too, Bonus! BadShoe.com Pin time.

P1010043open.JPG

It is a great day. We laugh. We play. We shoot the Zs.

aim_for_z_small.jpg

The park is relatively empty and while there is a group lined up to go over to Splash Mountain it isn’t the typical seething mob and the CMs doing crowd control are jovial. We WALK (briskly) to Splash Mountain like we are told. Delaney changes her mind and doesn’t ride. Such is life.

Back over to Tomorrowland to meet DISsers Buz, Mattsmom.& Family. Karen NY was going to be there but she didn’t make it and I am not one to bust on her mercilessly about it so…. Wait, I’m an Evil Emperor! Merciless it is! She has come up with some lame excuse in chat about her DD oversleeping or something. (I think I’ll beat this dead horse until Dis Con. Going to be there then Karen dear?)

crop_small1.JPG

We ride with the Buz family. Blair scores his first 999,999 on Buzz and Blair and Matt hit it off. We make Plans to seeing them tonight at Boardwalks Halloween party (like we need more candy) and go our own ways.

P1010063_small.jpg

Zurg starts to fell a little sorry for Delaney. While Buzz is okay she is not riding a lot of stuff this trip. The mountains are too much for her.

She will like Story Time with Belle. Everyone likes story time with Belle. Well those people who take the time to find it. The E – ticket commandos and Dumbo Do or Die types just walk/run past oblivious. Their loss. We have had some great times there.

We arrive a little early, plenty of seats. The boys climb up to sit on the wall. I step over to Cosmic Ray’s for some fries. Fries always help.

Belle and her helpers have recognized us on prior trips. Hell – Once Belle remembered the kids from Epcot and recalled their Halloween costumes from a year earlier. Beauty is a brain.

We are known as the Sticker People to the Cast. (This may have something to do with the fact that we made up stickers of the kids and when someone gave us a Mickey sticker we gave them a sticker of ours.) This year’s sticker features Belle and all of us.

dunlaps_disneyin.gif

The show starts and Belle’s assistants roll out the costume trunk. We recognize the first one to come out, Ronda. We give her a sticker to help her remember us but she doesn’t need the reminder. She tells us we’ll chat after the show and plucks the boys off their perch to be Maurice and Gaston. Delaney gets to be Chip. A good time is had by all and the boys over act.

We chat with Ronda after the show. One of her good friend and co-workers, who remembered us from trip to trip, has moved to the Hart of Darkness, I mean the Carolinas. We are sad to have missed her but it is great to see Ronda. There are other pals of Ronda’s there, another family from PA.

They have the coolest costumes I have ever seen. Mom – Jessica made them, characters from Alice in Wonderland. Zurg’s costumes are over the top silly. Jessica’s are works of art.

We chat for a while. The crowd thins and we are about to do the same when Belle takes Delaney’s hand and asks if she wants to ride Peter Pan. Belle has one of Jessica’s kids in one hand and Delaney in the other and walks over to Peter Pan. In the exit and off to Neverland. This is to use the current vernacular, “WAY COOL!”

BadShoe Thank You pins for everyone.

We are having a good old time chatting with the Cast, our fellow Pennsylvanians and Belle. We end up back at story time and the kids want to watch again. Jessica’s kids star this time. Ronda walks up to Zurg and says, “You think you are getting way easy?” Zurg is cast as the beast.

Beast / Zurg is afraid to grown loud as he doesn’t want to scare the little kids on stage. Consider Beast /Zurg is way more than 5 times their size and weight. (Particularly the weight thing but let’s not dwell on that shall we.) Belle admonishes Beast / Zurg and he start towing the line with appropriate volume. As the show ends Beast / Zurg Dances with Belle, talk about your Emperor’s New Groove. A good time is being had by all and we chat some more.

Next thing I know Ronda and Belle have us all off to ride Small World. Belle used her super magic powers again and once again it is in through the out door. We look up as we cast off at the people up in Pinocchio’s. They are waiving at Belle. She is waiving back.

I wonder if these are the same people traumatized by seeing a mob of Zurgs waiving down from the same windows in Act IV .

Zurgswife and Jessica are chatting away a mile a minute. We have a great ride. Zurg remembers the New York World’s Fair. The dolls seemed bigger then.

Belle & Company have to go back to work. We say goodbye and Delaney get s a big Belle hug. We thank them profusely, a word that here means like babbling idiots. They say it was their pleasure – the best part of their job. Déjà vu.
P1010163_small.JPG

We hop on the carrousel for a little more Magic then it is time to head back to boardwalk for some lunch and homework. We stop to see Dolores, say thanks again and pick up the Magic Moment certificate she made us.

Dolores is all apologetic, “Sorry you didn’t get to do the big open.”
“What are you talking about we had a blast!”
“How long are you here?”
“Tomorrow is our last full day. We start driving the next day.”
“If you could do the Big Opening tomorrow, could you be here at Magic Kingdom?.”
“What time should we arrive?”

Ride two rides with Belle & friends, Open two days in a row. Who says lightening doesn’t strike in the same place twice? We got hit twice twice.

Maybe Zurg should go easy on the Jedi mind trick.

Zurg's Halloween Act I: On the Road Again.
Zurg's Halloween Act II: On the Road Yet Again.
Zurg's Halloween Act III: Boardwalk!
Zurg's Halloween Act IV: MNSSHP - The Quest for Candy!
Zurg's Halloween Act V: Beers with SSB and other Adventures
Zurg's Halloween VI - Oliver Twist
Zurg's Halloween VII - A Box of Money?
Zurg's Halloween Act VIII: Almost Perfect
Zurg's Halloween Act IX: It Rains a Lot in the UK

I love your pictures, love your posts and want to become a part of the family...where do I apply?....... and please don't say no becasue I do not take regection well.....What a wonderful trip and how do you score 999,999 we tried like heck but I guess I must have aimed in the wrong spot.... oh and if you have figured out when you are going next year, please do tell, because I am seriously thinking I NEED to plan my vacation while you guys are there. Oliver Twist is an all time favorite and I NEED to learn these great diversions and such that you all seem to have down to a science!!!!! I want to play with the Zurgs!!!!!
Liz and Greg:wave:

Liz....We are officially doing 2 weeks at Christmas next year...feel free to stop by BWV and tag along......Zurg loves showing off...

I'm not sure how we will top this year as the next day continued to get better.....

You sure had a lot of magic packed into this day!

Karen NY was going to be there but she didn’t make it

She will be at DISCON, you can torture her then ;)

Sounds like I should've ditched my crew and hooked up with you guys! You're having too much fun! Skye and I did the "Big Opening" at MK last year and had a ball. It was really special because it was Skyes first time (sort of since she didn't remember the trip when she was 2) at MK. Loved riding in that fire truck up Main Street USA first thing in the morning!

:D Just had to tell you how much I am loving your trip report! Can't wait to read the rest.

WOW!! What a great day, and great report. Thanks for posting.

I need to learn this Jedi Mind trick. It's been over a year since we've been to WDW and with our financial situation I don't know when we'll ever make it back. Boo hoo! :( But maybe this Jedi Mind Trick thingie would work?? :eek:

I know that Zurg is the ultimate in Evil doers. Lead me to the dark side! Please!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Sounds like a great day. I am enjoying your reports!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter