Zurg's Halloween Act IV: MNSSHP - The Quest for Candy!

Zurg

<font color=red>Eivl <font color=navy>Emperor<br><
P1010028_small.JPG

<bgsound src="http://www.grimghosts.com/down/midi/hmgraveyrd.mid" loop="1">
We stroll Magic Kingdom, six purple Zurg’s (and Mary as Minnie) intent on getting to the annual pass holder party before MNSSHP.

They are in the process of selling stuff, closing the park, selling other stuff, turning up the MNSSHP decorations, selling pins and giving away candy.

Giving Away Candy!

The kids advance on a train engineer giving out treats like Bell Services attacking kids in the Boardwalk lobby. (Yuppie woman will need a defibrillator if she sees this.) We come out from under the train station intent on relieving him of some treats.

Before we can say the magic words "Trick or Treat" (and this would be coming from six Zurgs so you have to seriously consider the trick aspect) he practically shouts at us. “Are you the Zurgs?!”

“Yes” I say thinking, 'aah the clothes Dude!'

“Daisy is looking for you!” he abandons his post as greeter candy guy and (after giving the kids candy) sets off looking for Daisy. He fails his quest and remembering his post assures us she is right around here somewhere.

We wander a little bit looking for her and are stopped by two other CM’s in train costumes. “Daisy is looking for you.”

zurg_wanted_small.jpg
I am starting to feel a little like a wanted man - all the train guys are keeping an eye on us. Just as the paranoia is setting in (and the kids are clamoring for more candy) Daisy aka EngrDaisy appears out of the crowd.

What a great way to be greeted in the park. I mean how cool is it to have CMs looking for you the way tourist are hunting down Mickey. Apparently Daisy had them all looking for us and had to do a little remedial character identification instruction as they all were not as familiar with Zurg as they should have been. (It is very clear to Zurg EngrDaisy rules the WDW railroad. Ja mst be zee Viking connection.)

Zurgs%20w%20daisy_small.jpg

We have a quick chat and a picture but the sugar addiction is starting to give DS2 the DTs. Daisy fills them in on where what type of candy is in the park. They can not be held back. It was great to see Daisy but the quest for candy has begun in earnest.

The AP holders party is a meet and greet with candy. We also get some popcorn and an apple.

In executive session the younger Zurgs vote in a block to approve a motion to jettison the apples and popcorn as they occupies valuable candy space in the trick or treat bags.

Zurg is definitively old. He eats an apple. It was good.

We will visit every candy stop in the park, some many times. (They will get to know us very well around Aladdin's Carpets.)

pose%202%20-%20high%20res_small.jpg

Here we are with and Mary
P1010016_small.JPG

Here's Mary. Can you tell she was
a Disney Store CM for a while?

Zurg’s sister calls on the radio as we head into Pinocchio’s for a burger. They head to meet us. We secure seats where we can wave to the people in “It’s a Small World.” boats.

This must be a shock for younger children. They get happily into the boat look up and see a small herd of Evil Emperor Zurgs, Minnie, the Fairy God Mother, and a Pirate glaring down at them and waiving.

Well it may be a shock but best to learn early about the evil lurks near these dollies early in life. They have haunted Zurg's memoery since the '64 World Fare.

Zurg has another sister staying at AKL. She has made a costume for her DD’s wheel chair. The chair is coming as a rock. The DD as Ariel on it. Mom will be flounder.

Zurg is hoping that the Fairy Godmother and Pirate will know where to meet Arial and Flounder. They don’t. (The boys prevailed on Uncle Bob. He's a pirate, complete with custom made foam bird on shoulder and a nice doo rag.)

Apparently Flounder feels that a 55 year old woman in a flounder suit pushing Arial and a rock around MK will be conspicuous.

She has never been to MNSSHP before. We eventual find them but not for hours.

We bump into a bunch of DIS folks. Zurg hopes that Zurgswife can remember them all ‘cause he can’t.

One was an extremely cute little Stitch.
stitch_small.JPG

Her growl was to die for. Very cool. We space freaks need to stick together. [The Empress has informed me that this was Pooh&Piglet’s DD. We apparently also met KarenR but missed KarenNY. We saw Bri’s Fairies but didn’t know it was significant at the time.]

The boys played checkers while we waited for the parade. They look forward to this. So all you thrill rides-are-the-key types consider that these video game veterans love their checkers game in Frontierland. Themeing details rock.

P1010017_small1.JPG

Counting Clayton Homes retailers in the heart of darkness is taking its toll on the kids, they are fading fast. We have tons of candy, there may be more to be had yet. We agree on one last swing towards Tomorrowland to get more candy before heading out. It is here that we find my sister Flounder, Arial and the rock.

She is talking more DVC points. Apparently her first MNSSHP will not be the last.

Now there is a trick of a treat.
P1010056_small.JPG

Zurg's Halloween Act I: On the Road Again.
Zurg's Halloween Act II: On the Road Yet Again.
Zurg's Halloween Act III: Boardwalk!
Zurg's Halloween Act IV: MNSSHP - The Quest for Candy!
Zurg's Halloween Act V: Beers with SSB and other Adventures
Zurg's Halloween VI - Oliver Twist
Zurg's Halloween VII - A Box of Money?
Zurg's Halloween Act VIII: Almost Perfect
Zurg's Halloween Act IX: It Rains a Lot in the UK

thanks so much for a great report......my neighbors did the halloween party too and they said it was fantastic......thanks again

How cool is that..being greeted by CM's looking for you! I also love the rock idea for Ariel to sit on. Too cute.

Originally posted by Zurg
(It is very clear to Zurg EngrDaisy rules the WDW railroad. Ja mst be zee Viking connection.)

Haha! Vell, I am zee Princess of zee Rails. And I zink zee guys listen to me because as only one of two lady engineers, zey fear female wrath, ja! Alzough, I am still trying to figure out how Steve (Zurg impaired engineer) has a six year old grandson and has NEVER been on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. I hope zee little Zurgs enjoyed zeir candy. I still have Nestle Crunch bars in my apartment, ja!

I hope zee little Zurgs enjoyed zeir candy. I still have Nestle Crunch bars in my apartment, ja!

Ja zee Crunch eez goood. Zey have zo many candiez zey still have zome left. Zurg, he helpz. he eatz zem alzo.

Ja Zhis Steve. He needz to get with ze Zurg program. Elz Ze Zurg impaired engineer become ze Zurg impaled engineer.

Sounds like the Zurgs had an awsome time at MNSSHP! I chased down the pictures of you guys...you looked great!

wow! I love the costumes - great job. I'd love to see the one of Ariel and the rock.

thanks for posting, I am enjoying reading....

BadShoe is going through some ip address issues, I'll have pictures when it is back to running well

Your costumes are so incredible... are you sure Kim didn't make them? Just joking! :teeth:

I hope I get to meet EngrDaisy during DISCON! It's so much fun meeting other DISers :)

I want FREE CANDY I'm gonna have to pay WDW a visit during Halloween some time soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter