Zurg's Halloween Act I: On the Road Again.

Zurg

<font color=red>Eivl <font color=navy>Emperor<br><
On the Road Again

Hi there trip report fans Zurg here. I haven’t done a trip report in a while. The last is here. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15655 There was another trip in there but your Emperor didn’t have the groove for a trip report.

Something about the trip was just not right, maybe it was the lack of early entry, maybe it was the sick kid who tossed cookies on the plane down and stayed under the weather for a few days, I don’t know but we never got into a rhythm.

The confluence of cosmic factors precluding the aforementioned rhythm including friends who, after we borrowed DVC points to have them come for spring break, decided to buy a lake house instead. Once the use year of point is shifted they don’t go back. So we planned a Halloween trip.

While we were plotting this fall assault, Zurgswife’s dad decided to move to North Carolina from Texas. He encouraged us to stop on the way to Disney. We typical fly, so this may be a little tricky. Well the kid’s haven’t seen Pop Pop in while so we could drive.

Pop Pop is just a little off I95 well drive there, hang out and slip into Disney on Sunday the 27th in time for MNSSHP. Oh wait Pop Pop’s isn’t all that close to Florida, we don’t want to risk missing MNSSHP due to heavy traffic. Well drive to Pop Pops as soon as school is out on Friday, spend the night and hang out. Drive to Savanna sleep and then push into Orland rested and ready for the party on Sunday.

Zurg is counting days of travel. He runs out of horns on his hat and has to use finish the count with his fingers. Hello Houston….

MNSSHP. This means costumes. Zurg makes the costumes. He starts before Barb Con in the hot humid south east Pennsylvania summer. 6 Zurg hats. 6 purple Zurg togas. 6 Zurg chest plates. 6 Zurg cummerbunds. 12 Zurg gloves. 6 Zurg capes (each family member choosing the color for the inside of the cape). Okay! Okay! Zurg’s costume only require repairing. (Good thing Zurg started in the hot humid south east Pennsylvania summer.)

I digress. Where was I? Oh yeah I95. We pull of I95 and turn east for Pop Pop’s. we are tired. It is late. It doesn’t look that far on the map. Maybe 3- 4 inches. What is the scale in this map? 1”= 20 miles. 4” x 20 = 80 miles. 80 MILES!

80 miles US 70 in North Carolina. There is a little town or village or business district or what ever where you get of I95. There is NOTHING else. Nothing! For 80 miles Nothing.

Well that isn’t entirely fair we start to notice that there a re a lot of Mobil home sales places. Clayton is the dominate name brand. There are a lot of Clayton Homes lots, other than them NOTHING.

We get to Pop Pops at midnight or something.

Rest!

Two more days of driving. Willy Nelson sings:
And I can't wait to get on the road again
On the road again
Goin' places that I've never been
Seein' things that I may never see again,
And I can't wait to get on the road again.

Willy is insane.

Zurg's Halloween Act I: On the Road Again.
Zurg's Halloween Act II: On the Road Yet Again.
Zurg's Halloween Act III: Boardwalk!
Zurg's Halloween Act IV: MNSSHP - The Quest for Candy!
Zurg's Halloween Act V: Beers with SSB and other Adventures
Zurg's Halloween VI - Oliver Twist
Zurg's Halloween VII - A Box of Money?
Zurg's Halloween Act VIII: Almost Perfect
Zurg's Halloween Act IX: It Rains a Lot in the UK

Gotta love those country roads huh Zurg!? I cant imagine driving that far. Hope there is enough PD for you to make it. :eek:

It is always darkes before the dawn. Unfortunately is is still getting darker.

Funny report Zurg. :teeth: Driving??? No way! LOL

That's funny...after our flight down I'm thinking driving next time. Last time we drove it took us three days to get from Kentucky to Florida. Skye was only 2 and couldn't hang in the car longer than 4 hours at a time. :rolleyes:

We always drive, Zurgy - straight through! :teeth:

We leave after work and drive through the night so the monst...ahh... kids (yeah, that's it, kids) sleep on the way down. We get there in the morning and our excitement carries us through the first day.

Great beginning, I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.

With you so far :). Just wanted to add that I think you're soooo creative with all that costume making.

The zurg family of trip reports are in tact....thanks for your patience.....

Well it seems that the ghost of Edward Teach is haunting old Zurg's email.

Seems blacKBeard has taken offence to my characterization of his home.

Something says you. Nothing says I
Well Eddy I demand satisfaction!

A dual.
Bring you second!
Lagers but the yard!

...and I quote:
>We are driving into the heart of darkness or North Carolina, I >can’t remember which. There may not be a difference.

Hey, this is my home!
I am greatly offended!
Well, maybe not *that* offended.
Well, maybe it's pretty much correct... ;)
My girlfriend Suzie, however, is a native of these parts and you may have to do some fast explainin' to her! She really likes to turn on the drawl for Yankees too, she might be kinda' hard to understand! ;)

Ah, home, North Cackilacky.

and then you continue...
>80 miles US 70 in North Carolina. There is a little town or village >or business district or what ever where you get of I95. There is >NOTHING else. Nothing! For 80 miles Nothing.

80 miles East of I-95 on Hwy 70 is darn close to driving off a pier into the Atlantic! Let's see, there's Goldsboro (you Northerner's call a ten-mile long cheesy strip mall *nothing*?), Kinston (resting place of a Confederate ironclad), New Bern (which is somewhat better than nothing but is not really on 70), Havelock (worse than nothing), then water.

Kinda' makes you appreciate I-95, doesn't it? ;)

A duel of lager eh? Ol' Teach prefers grog, but never let it be said a pirate turned down a drink! Yer' on! ;)

boB

boB!

See ya at Big River (then Rose & Crown)

Arrrg Mate groge be fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter