DIS Veteran
First trip report so bear with me.
December 17th to the 23rd
All Star Sports
MYW plan with Dining

Travelers:
Mom (me) 49
Daughter - 22

We planned a special mother daughter trip to WDW - my husband said that my gift for Christmas was going to WDW and his was not having to go 3 years in a row!

Dec 17th Saturday

DD and I arrived at All Star Sports around 4 pm and had a 45 minutes wait to check in - we came just after a bus unloaded. We went to the food court and bought our mugs and joined the line. Had a great CM for check in. We were in 7161 which wasn't a preferred location but was really close to the main building. We were only there for one night. After we unpacked the van we headed off to Downtown Disney.
We had great bus service the entire trip!

After shopping in the stores we stopped at Earl of Sandwich and I had the Hawaiian BBQ with the pineapple and DD had the Florentine. We both loved the food. DD had the Earl's Grey Lemonade which she enjoyed. We each ate 1/2 a sandwich so we got to try both.
We paid cash for this meal - with tx and drinks - $14.49

While we ate outside there was entertainment that included a group of carolers. Very special and nice.

When we got back to the busses we decided to take one of the first ones that came for the hotels and got to visit the Swan and Dolphin. They were fun to see. We had stayed 7 years ago at the Swan but had forgotten how nice everything was. The Dolphin Christmas tree was amazing. 13,800 poinsettas in it - it was truly beautiful.
We headed back to the busses and caught one to MK then switched to our All Star Sports bus. Great day.

Dec 18th - Sunday
I woke up at 5:30 am and got ready to check out of our non- preferred room and check in to our room for the rest of the week. We had a large tub on wheels and a wheeled cooler so we took our things to our van and got in line for AK bus. We waited about 1 minute and a bus came. We arrived in time for the opening. DD had not seen it before and thought it was great. I love to see the opening ceremonies!

First we did the Safari - lots of animals were out - great weather - we were happy. It wasn't 70's and sunny but we had little or no rain for the day so we were happy.

Then we saw the gorillas and went to the Rapids (after a wise poncho purchase). This was our first time on this ride although we have ridden rides like this at other parks. It was fun and we came off the ride pretty dry thanks to the ponchos!

Lion King was next and that was a great show. DD enjoyed this as did I. We ate at Flame Tree and both had ribs. Mine were great and DD's were a little dry. I would have rated the meal a 7 or 8. The chocolate cake was good - an 8 rating and the keylime pie got a 3 from me.

This was our first experience with the dining plan and it was really nice - we had no problems with it. Great plan. Our bill was $28 for the meal.

After Flame Tree we went to Tarzen Rocks. First time for both of us and I was pleasantly surprised - it was a very good show. Talented preformers - high energy. We were told by a cast member that the show would end at the end of December.

Next went to Dinosaur and that was ok - glad we went but wouldn't have to go again at least this trip.

DD wasn't interested in the 3 D Bug experience so we went to MGM. There were lots of long lines so we started with Nardia - long wait - 30 minutes or more but great show. We both loved it. DD has seen the movie and both of us loved the book.

Next we did something that neither of us had ever done before - Sounds Dangerous, again it was ok but not great.

Then we went to the Muppet Show - love it and we had gotten a fast pass for Star Tours - the fast pass was great but when our car was loaded there was a mechanical problem and our ADR was coming up close so we left through the chicken exit.

We went to Mama Melrose's -
First time for both of us - I had the steak - rated a 5 - too well done but great flavor. DD had the Eggplant - also a 5. Our flatbread appetizer was a 10 though - loved it. DD loved the Tiramasu(SP?) gave it an 8 and I liked the Choc. Truffle - 6.

Bill for the meal was $78.20 - I left extra to bring tip up to over 20% (and did this all week - I used to be a waitress!)

We had time to see the Osborn Lights - it was wonderful.
Fantasmic was next - we both loved it - DD had never seen it before and would have gone back several times but our ADR's prevented that.

When we got back to All Star Sports we had the 1152 in the Surf building 1. Great location for us. We felt it was a quiet location and close to everything. We were very happy.

December 19th - Monday

We got up for opening of MGM but we are not really fast movers in crowds (my DD says that I am too polite and let too many people ahead of me.)
By the time we got to Tower of Terror there was a 20 min wait so we got a fast pass then went to Movie Ride, took Character Pictures as we went. Then was Beauty and the Beast - great. Then Tower of Terror. Great!
Indiana Jones was next - DD enjoyed it as did I.

Then we went to EPCOT. Tessa ate at counter in Japan - Rice, Beef, Chicken, Bev and cake - $15. I ate at Morrocco - Chicken platter - this was a mistake - I have tried different things at this place several years in a row but have always been dissapointed. Mine was $17.50.

We went back to the room to rest and we had a great bus driver (can't remember the name though). He led us in Christmas carols. DD loved this - it was a special day for her because of this driver - she said that she can never remember a better bus ride at WDW.

When we got back to the room there were two special towel arrangements. One was a snowman and one was a wreath. We saved them for the week. They were so nice. We left good tips for them all week.

We slept from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm and left for Spoodles. Bussed to MGM and boated to Spoodles. This was the best meal of the trip!!! Great server. The ticket was $132.50 but the food and experience was fantastic!

We started with a Sangria for each of us - wonderful and DD had the Mediterranean Dips - rated a 7, Salmon was a 10 and Choc Cake was a 10 and a Cappuccino was a 10.
I had the Shrimp Appt - a 10 , NY steak with Shrimp and scallop add on 10 and the choc /Orange cake 5.

The meal was so good! We will eat at Spoodles every trip that we can.

We walked through the Boardwalk, Yacht Club and Beach Club to see the Christmas decorations - very special. We looked at the DVC unit and then went to MK to watch Wishes and settled down for a seat for Spectro. Wonderful seat and great parade.

I saw something that I had never seen before. I went for a smoke break over by the Plaza and as I was preparing to work my way back through the crowd to our spot by the end of main street across from the big Christmas tree. As we faced the castle we were on the right side of the street next to the trash can at the end of the block. Anyway - back to the Plaza area - I noticed an exit sign there and after talking to a CM to make sure that I wouldn't end up outside the park (which would have been inconvenient) I walked through the back stage area - I found it very interesting and came out between Tony's and the shops very close to our spot.

It was a long day but we loved it.

Dec 20th - Tuesday

Up early and saw opening at MK - went to fast pass for Buzz - happened to be there when Buzz came out for pictures so we have one with him. DD loved that - Toy Story was a special video to her.

Then we saw Stitch and DD tried to convince me for the rest of our trip that he really wasn't that "naughty". Then Philharmonic, Buzz (with fast pass) Snow White, Cindecellebration(sp?) very good show. Small World and Peter Pan. We ate at Pinocchio House - very good counter service. Pizza was good. Good Turkey Sand. Cannoli -was a 3 and the Choc cake was a 4.
Bill was $25.08

Then we got a fass past for Splash and rode the train to Tooon town - saw a group of characters come out and got a lot of pictures with them before there any other people there. They came up to us for pictures - it was nice. Then rode the train back to Splash Mountain - walked on and loved this ride as usual. We went to Tiki on the way out and back to room to rest by 3pm. Rested until 5 pm and left for Bomo ADR. Toured the AK Lodge and ate at Bomo - this was a good meal but not a great meal. The first time my husband and went there we loved it. Maybe after Spoodles another place didn't have much of a chance. We would go back there again but it wasn't one of our favorite places to eat this trip. Favorite item was the prime rib.
We got to EPCOT at 9 pm and went on Spaceship Earth - we still got a good spot to watch Ill from. We went into the shops and slowly walked up to the busses avoiding the crowded masses exiting!

We didn't get back to the room until 11 pm - great day.

Dec 21 Wed.
Got up and to Mk for opening again. Went to get a fast pass for Jungle and went ot Pirates of C , Hall of Presidents, Jungle, Tree house, shopped and then had our transportation snafu of the trip - we were going to the Floridian - waited 1/2 hr for a monorail! Couldn't believe it myself -that has never happened to me before. There had to have been a problem because we even had one come into the station on our track but couldn't load us. We went back down the ramp for a boat. Toured Floridian, Poly. bussed to AK and then bussed to Sports - Ate a very good lunch there.

Spag and Meatballs and Taco Hat - Desserts were good - $23.91 was bill.

In room at 1:30 pm and napped 4 pm . Left and toured All Star Movies - we really like that - think we might try to stay there next time.

Then EPCOT - Living Seas, Crush (Neat) and the boat at the Land. Saw shops in Canada, Britain and France, Morroco and Japan. Paid out of pocket for some wonderful pastries from France for morning!

At 8:40 pm we ate at LeCel - it was very good. I had the filet - 10 and Shrimp AT - 10, Sampler dessert was a 7 Rasp Sorbet was a 10 though. Loved the breads served with the meal. DD had Cheese Appt - 8 , the Mussels - 7, Choc cake - 10 and her smoothie was a 10. Great meal. Walked slowly to busses. Our driver told jokes and entertained us the entire ride home - we really enjoyed it. We all sang the Mickey Mouse theme song (some of us "older" ones even knew all the words much to our children's surprise!).
Back to room at 11 pm.

Dec 22nd - our last full day - can't believe that it is going this fast.

Went to EPCOT - Got fast pass for Soaring, saw Circle of Life, Figment ride the 3D movie and Playground area. Loved Soaring. It is my new favorite ride at WDW. I love Tower of Terror, Splash and now at EPCOT Soaring.

We paid out of pocket for Biergarten - great meal - we ate with a very nice family from Dallas. I would give it an 8 for rating.

We then spent time in Inovations and toured Wilderness Lodge. Then to Contempary Concourse Steakhouse for a great dinner. DD had wings (10) and Ribs 10 and Creme Brulee 10. I had Scallops appt 10 and Filet a 10 and again the key lime pie got a 3. Great meal -

We watch Wishes at MK and back to room.

Last day - checked out and Packed car and headed to AK for safari and Lion King, Pohocantas show - ate at Pizzafari $12.50 and Tusker House $14.56 both very good meals. We then went to Downtown Disney to finish shopping and headed out about 3 pm.

Great trip - loved the mother daughter time and the dining plan was superb.
We had paid $350 for the dining plan and with the snacks our bills for the meals covered was $659. We had so much fun!

mickyzzzzz05 said:
my husband said that my gift for Christmas was going to WDW and his was not having to go 3 years in a row!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Great report - thanks for posting! I would love to do a mother/daughter trip - sounds like you had a great time! :Pinkbounc

What a smooth delightful trip for both of you! I envy your mother/daughter time - would love to take a trip with just my DD26 - but think my youngest DS12 might be a little jealous ;) Hope to stay at BWV our next trip sometime this year - loved Spoodles our last trip too!

Would love to see pics if you can post them!!!

I would love to post pictures - unfortunately I am not gifted in that art! If I can I will get my daughter to add some of our pictures. (Maybe I will watch her and write down step by step directions so I can do it by myself in the future!)

Thank you both for your comments! It was a special time and we both appreciated being able to spend the time not only bonding but enjoying a magical place together.

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for posting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter