ZIP A DEE DOO DAH TIP FOR THE DAY! - Day 2, Don't complain if it's too warm or muggy!

boucheresq

Mouseketeer<br><font color="dark green">Broke her
Title = Zip a dee doo dah, tip for today! - I picked this b/c it's my dh and my fave phrase and love listening to it on the disney channels - although we didn't hear it as much this time, we decided this was the way to name our reports.

Cast:

Bean - That's me! I'm 32, Love WDW - usually am the Seargeant ordering everyone around b/c I don't want to miss anything. The reason I got this nickname is a long drawn out embarassing story which I choose not to reveal.

Bubbe - dh, 33, Loves WDW (reason I married him!) - darling who suggested WDW trip but made me promise not be so hectic and crazy of a planner this time. I told him I wasn't planning on doing it b/c I really needed a rest; however, he didn't believe me. Reason he has this nickname is b/c he always was whining that he gave me a nickname and I never gave him one. So I picked the most silly sounding name I could think of!

Day 2 - 1/13

Sorry this took so long, but I've been pretty sick so I've just been lurking and posting an occasional quick post here and there. I still don't have my voice, but I will let my fingers do the talking!

So, after a late night, I wake up nice and refreshed . . . Oh, wait a minute, that's not this trip, that must be another one I was dreaming of. This time, my bubbe decides I've been sleeping way too long - it is 7:30 am after all (after getting to bed after 1 am) - and I need to get up and not waste the beautiful and sunny day. So I grumpily open an eye, yes we are in a 70's room, yes in Pop Century, wait, we're at WDW - OKAY, I'm up - yeah, we're in Disney! The 70's room is cute and has a picture of all of the 70's Disney memorabilia - as both Bubbe and I were born in that decade, we would have loved a copy of that picture but they don't sell them. I look outside and yes, still a horrible view of the parking lot.

That wakes me up to reality and decide that, while bubbe is showering, I will go downstairs and change the one night to package with MWY and dining plan and hopefully change the room. So I get down there - "ma'am, the computers are down." Okay, how do I get my tix to go to the parks? "ma'am, there is nothing we can do right now" - well, how do we get to eat? "ma'am, you're going to have to wait". So with bubbe calling every two minutes wondering where I am b/c he's HUNGRY, I decide to walk away a little and look mopey and sad. :sad2: Well, it must have worked, b/c I have my tix, dining plan and new room in the 60's in 10 minutes! Yeah! WDW at its finest!

So after fueling up the bubbe, we are off to MK. We hadn't been there since 2/2001. We came to WDW in 12/2003 but only went to Epcot and AK. But actually getting in was another story. first, bubbe had a bag with him for the first time ever b/c I got him a video camera for Christmas. He did not like having to wait in the bag search line (yes, I know, this man has no patience). I told him now he knows what it feels like for woman having to carry EVERYTHING! :teeth: Then, we had a fight with the biometric thingymabob. You see, my bubbe, who is 6'3", 250 and not a weak man by ANY means - could not gather enough strength to close his two fingers to get his ticket back. And me? forget about it. I even had one of those faces on you see babies make when they are applying certain pressure and still had no luck. Who ever though in their lifetimes that the ability to strongly close your pointy and middle fingers together would be the difference between supreme happiness, i.e., WDW, or sadness, i.e, not getting in WDW? So not only was bubbe embarrassed, but the guards appeared to be getting annoyed. :blush: I bet not a single one of them ever had to do this. And what purpose does it serve other than to hold up the line? So, after embarrassing ourselves to the hilt, we finally got inside. As a side note, b/c we're going back in October, we have given up our aerobic training and are now solely doing weight training on our right middle and pointy fingers. And one, two, squeeze. One, two, squeeze. WE WILL NOT BE EMBARRASSED AGAIN! :mad:

So, we finally make it inside and I feel like I'm at home. And my Pal Mickey, which I got for Christmas, woke up and was awesome - I love him! So then I decided I needed to hijack a CM. YOu see, my bubbe and I disagree on the amount of "couple" pictures we need. I want it to look like we went on the trip together. Bubbe, however, gets embarrassed when I ask strangers for pix but then is happy with them when we get home. This time, I wanted "professional" pix with a CM. So I jumped over a family of 10, pushed aside a couple of strollers and emv's and got my man. Seriously, I didn't push over anyone, I dutifully waited my turn - but didn't you imagine me flying over people and throwing items - makes a much funnier picture than the reality of me waiting in line with a goofy look on my face waiting eagerly for my pix of bubbe and I in front of the castle and holding our hands out for Tink.

So we got our pix and bubbe advised me that if we didn't get on a ride soon, he was going to have a meltdown or withdrawal symptoms or something. Enough said. So off we went to Adventure land. Jungle cruise - closed, tiki birds, closed - Aladdin's ride - no thanks, circles make me sick! :crazy2: Yes, our fave ride POC! pirate: And, no wait! yeah! And I'm sorry to the people in the boat with us b/c my bubbe and I decided it was necessary to sing loudly to the entire song the entire ride.

After POC, we went to Splash Mountain - again no wait. Mickey ::MickeyMo , however, was not as excited as we were. As we entered the ride, Pal Mickey said "you know this ride gets you wet, don't you?", as we walked down the ride, "I can't get wet so this ride may not be a good idea", as we got on the boat, "If I get wet, I'm going to be one ticked off Mickey!" So of course, I didn't want a ticked off mickey (who does?); but now I was also worrying b/c my bubbe had his video camera and I did NOT want to get that wet as I doubted Walmart would willingly exchange a soaked camera for a nice clean dry new one. This would be the discussion:

Walmart Clerk: And why didn't you like the camera
Me: Oh, I liked it.
WC: And why are you returning it.
Me: It doesn't work (and handing over the dripping soaked camera)
WC: And what happened to it?
Me (caving): Okay! I admit it! we misused the camera on Splash Mountain so sue me and give me a new one!
WC: Yeah right. NEXT!

Well, I didn't think it would work, so the whole ride I was hunched over Pal Mickey ::MickeyMo , covering all of the angles and yelling at bubbe to cover the camera so it doesn't get wet. So who do you think got soaked? Well, it wasn't me, ::MickeyMo or the camera; so you guessed it - Bubbe! :scared: HeeHee!

Well, bubbe, said, I'm glad I got wet, b/c I was getting too hot anyway. I was feeling hot too and a bit sweaty. Us NY'ers get hot easily. Well, this was the last time we would feel hot so I wish we had never said it!

anyway, after we got off of the ride, I stole a picture of the ride scene with my digital camera, I saw my third fave character - GOOFY!!! And boy, did he leave me with a memory I'll never forget! :blush:

Stayed Tuned - ZIP A DEE DOO DAH TIP FOR THE DAY! - Day 2, Part 2 - Watch out for those characters (esp. Goofy)!

I hope people like the reports - this is my first time writing them; so if anyone has any suggestions on whether they need to be more interesting, I would love to hear them!

:wave: Great trip report :)
My 14 year old niece got so she would sing the Zip a Dee Do Da Song in the monrings before we left for the park. She was so happy. :teeth: My sister got a Pal Mickey too. I laughed when I read how he told you he couldn't get wet while you were going on Splash Mountain. :laughing: Sounded familar.
I look forward to your next segment :cool1:

::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter