Zip a dee doo da Tip for Today! - Day 1 - don't forget your shorts!

boucheresq

Mouseketeer<br><font color="dark green">Broke her
Title = Zip a dee doo dah, tip for today! - I picked this b/c it's my dh and my fave phrase and love listening to it on the disney channels - although we didn't hear it as much this time, we decided this was the way to name our reports.

Cast:

Bean - That's me! I'm 32, Love WDW - usually am the Seargeant ordering everyone around b/c I don't want to miss anything. The reason I got this nickname is a long drawn out embarassing story which I choose not to reveal.

Bubbe - dh, 33, Loves WDW (reason I married him!) - darling who suggested WDW trip but made me promise not be so hectic and crazy of a planner this time. I told him I wasn't planning on doing it b/c I really needed a rest; however, he didn't believe me. Reason he has this nickname is b/c he always was whining that he gave me a nickname and I never gave him one. So I picked the most silly sounding name I could think of!

Day 1 - 1/12

Well, thank goodness! I snuck out of the house before dh woke up to go to work so I didn't have to take the babies Jefferson Dog and McKinley Cat to the kennel. This is the one part of "vacay" that we ABSOLUTELY hate and try to dump the responsibility upon each other. Usually, I'm the one stuck doing it, the babies look at me like I'm the worse person in the world, and then Bubbe gets to pick them up and they look at him like he's a savior! And you know what he does? He ALWAYS says to them, "There you are! I knew your mommy hid them and it took me FOREVER to find you! I'm so happy I found you!" So I look like Captain Hook and he looks like Peter Pan. Well, not this time! I actually had a legit work thing out of town; but I will always take the excuse!

So around 9 am, I get a phone call on the road. "sniff, sniff". "hello? is someone there?" "you left the babies home for me to take to the kennel!" (very accusatory sounding). "well, yes, I had work." "I am NEVER doing that again! (sniff, sniff)" Yes folks, one of the reasons I love my Bubbe is that he is very sensitive and loves his babies very much.

So after my work, I had to drive home in this wonderful sleeting/icing rain. I was really worried about being able to fly out! I had to go home and pack. I used to be one of those list makes for packing; but over the years, I just do it at the last minute; b/c in my opinion, unless I'm traveling on an African safari (and no, I don't mean AK), I'll be able to find it where I'm going. It has lessened a lot of stress over the years and made me happier in the long run. So I pack; sit on the suitcase to shut it, and off I go to drop our Scion off to be fixed while we're gone and where my dh would pick us up. About 1/2 there, wait a minute . . . , crud, I forgot shorts! In fact, I forgot bottoms of any kind other than the jeans I was wearing at that moment! That would have been nice - the same pants 6 days in a row - and of course it would be too warm for that - I would burn up (as we know from later - yeah right!) So I had to turn around, go home, get shorts and return to meet Bubbe at Scion Dealer.

And then we're off to the airport - yeah! I was still worried about not being able to get off of the ground - we had a 6:30 pm flight out on SW through Baltimore. This is another huge departure for us, WDW wise, b/c usually we leave for the trip VERY early in the am and return REALLY late on the last day. This time, however, we were leaving late on the first day, have 5 full days at WDW and leaving early Tuesday am so we could be at lovely work that afternoon!

Parking was miserable - we wanted to park in the near garage b/c I have to rush Bubbe to work as soon as we get home b/c he works for the legislature and they have "session" (i.e. the Senators and reps are in town) so he can't be late. Well, b/c of the lousy weather, there is not a space to be had! So out we go into the regular lot, which you will see at the end of the trip will be a big pain.

So we get through baggage (and yes we got our "A" passes online); and security check where we had to undress and dress again (next time, I've decided I'm going naked to the airport, get through security and then put my clothes on - it will save time!) and off to the bar! Yes, as you can see, we enjoy our "vacays" with a little liquid refreshment. Unfortunately, we've been watching too many of those SW shows on bravo where everyone who has ever been in a bar is no longer allowed to fly SW for the rest of their natural lives, so we felt like we were really being "baddies" - however, I don't think one drink a piece was going to do us in. So we made sure to walk really straight and in line to our gate with very serious looks on our faces.

When we arrived, I wanted to sit down b/c we still had another hour. Not Bubbe! He HAD to get in line b/c we HAD to get a seat! As you know, this is SW with is cow corral. The thing is, there was no one in line. And I'm usually the one that rushes to get in line b/c I'm afraid of losing a seat. This time, however, I wanted to be relaxed and I didn't really care where I sat, especially b/c we were told it was not going to be a full flight. I was surprised by that too b/c we were told that this was the first flight SW let out that day. So going later in the day really worked for us!

So we get in line and then Bubbe decides I have to hold the spot and he needs to use the BR. Well, 20 minutes later - where the heck is he? Oh, he found a friend from work and they had a beer together - must be nice! So they start to board. Our airports is one of 2 in the nation (supposedly) where SW boards from the front and back, so as soon as he takes our tix; I kid you not, my Bubbe RUNS to the back entrance, runs on board to get his seat. And I have to tell you, only A and part of B had people in it so it wasn't like we were going to have to sit in luggage. So we got our "amazing" seats; I prayed to my medallion my dh gave me for Christmas b/c I hate flying so much (thanks a lot Osama!) and off we went!

Next thing I knew, we were in Baltimore! AFter a few fearful minutes of thinking we were going to be stuck there b/c of fog (and we saw some of the people who are on the SW show dealing with nasty customers) off we went to Orlando!

Upon arrival, I reserved Murray Hill for our ride. He was there waiting, we got our luggage, and off we went - aw, the warm weather, it feels so good! The ride over was fine, although talkative. As I'm trying not to fall asleep, my dh does his schtick with the driver asking him a gazillion questions about his life - where's the farthest you had to drive to, how long have you been doing this, did you have to take a test, do you like your job, where are you from, etc. It drives me crazy which is why I think he does it.

We finally got to WDW (YIPPY!) at Pop Century and the trouble started. First, the driver got into an argument with me b/c I wanted to use my credit card. I specifically asked via email and had the note asking if I could use a cc and was told yes. Then the driver argued with me that he wanted cash - yeah right, I give you cash and I never see you again on Tuesday! So he finally relent after a lot of arguing and then spent 20 minutes pretending to look for the receipts, etc, to do the transaction! In the interim, my dh is going hysterical b/c a huge bus of people come (and remember it's midnight) to check in which is causing a line that previously was not there. So finally, the transaction was complete and we had to get in line to get our room.

I sent dh off on his own to cool off while I dealt with the room - good thing. I had to do 2 ressies - the first night room only and the rest with package with tix and dining. So they had us in 2 rooms. Also, instead of putting us in a room we requested (upper floor, view of lake an Epcot) they couldn't have put us in a more opposite room! The first night we HATED our room - it was in the 70's section REALLY far away with an AWFUL view of the parking lot - NEVER AGAIN! My dh hated, I hated, even Pal Mickey hated it! But after being annoyed, we decided to sleep it off and I would deal with it in the morning.

TO BE CONTINUED: ZIP A DEE DOO DAH TIP FOR THE DAY! - Don't complain if it's too warm or muggy!

Heehee I LOVE Airline on A&E!! I started watching that show when I did a study abroad in England and I was happy they make a US version.

Can't wait for the next installment!

Oh I love your title ZIp a dee doo da tip for today. DH always says he is waiting for Mickey to say "go home"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter