Zero Entry Pools - Which Resorts?

mikymouse

<font color=limegreen>Who is Tim and what was his
Can anyone tell me which resorts have the zero entry pools? We stayed at AK and the kids loved the pool. Looking for a new experience this time. I thought I read the Poly has one... any others?

Stormalong Bay at the BC has a zero entry area. It's a beach-bottom pool for little ones.

Kathy :)

The waterfall/waterslide pool at the Grand Floridian is a zero entry pool. Storm Along Bay at the Yacht & Beach Clubs has a sandy zero entry section as well.

O.K. so lets see...the Poly, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdome, Yacht Club and MAYBE the Contemporary. That's all that I can think of at the moment.
I'm hoping that the one at the Poly will be closed to where we are staying in October. HAVE FUN!

Cindy's Mom said:
I believe that is a feature of the deluxe resorts.

Not all Deluxes have it. WL does not have 0-depth entry. I know from experience that Poly and BC/YC have it, though.

Bummer.... I was hoping the WL had zero entry because we would like to go there next time. Might have to wait another year to save up for the Poly or GF or check out the Saratoga Springs and Beach Club.. Is that the Carribean Beach Resort or some other place. I like the idea of sand! Not that the zero entry is everything just that the little kids loved it so much.

mikymouse said:
Bummer.... I was hoping the WL had zero entry because we would like to go there next time.

But WL has things that the Poly does not have, such as 2 hot tubs, a dedicated kiddie pool, and an area with extra-strong water jets that can be used to swim upstream for conditioning. Even though we were there with a baby and a 4 YO at the time, we didn't have any issues with having to use steps to enter the main pool.

All the resorts have children's pools. Beach Club, and Yacht Club have the pool with a sandy bottom, their pool (Stormalong bay) is more like a small water park than a pool. CR doesn't have zero entry. They do have a really nice round pool right up against the lake, it is deep though.

jcriket said:
All the resorts have children's pools.

The Polynesian has the zero entry to the volcano pool, but it does not have a dedicated children's pool. Instead, it has a "wet play area"--I believe this has water sprays (didn't pay attention to the particulars since my kids are older). It is near the volcano pool.

My kids loved the pool at the Poly much better than SSR. They had a blast on the pool day at the Poly!!

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

I was wondering how deep the zero entry pool is at the Poly? is it deep enough for grown ups to swim at all or is it more of a wading pool? :confused3 thanks!

In a zero entry pool the water is like an inch deep to begin with and gradually gets deeper and deeper the farther you go into the pool. Like being at a beach and going into a lake, shallow at the shore and then deeper and deeper the farther you venture out.

What about the Hippy Dippy at Pop? Is that zero entry or am I really going nuts? I seem to remember that it was but it could be just me... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Beth ;)

helenm29 said:
O.K. so lets see...the Poly, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdome, Yacht Club and MAYBE the Contemporary. That's all that I can think of at the moment.
I'm hoping that the one at the Poly will be closed to where we are staying in October. HAVE FUN!

No, unfortunately the Contemporary does not have a zero entry pool.

I'm guessing the volcano pool at the Polynesian is 4-5 feet at its deepest. So, yes, it's deep enough to swim in. As someone else said, it starts shallow and gets deeper, like going down a gradual ramp.

There's a second pool a building or two away from the volcano pool. I believe the second pool is deeper at its deepest point than the main pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter