Zero entry at Stormalong Bay?

ColleenG

DIS Veteran
I've heard fabulous things about the pool at Beach Club Villas. We are planning on staying there in October with our 4 kids (7, 5, 2 and 1). It looks like there is a kiddie pool, but is there also an area with zero entry? And is there a sandy area near the pool? Thanks for any info.

The kiddie area at Stormalong Bay is just the best. It's zero entry but it's sand...just like the beach. You'll love it. Hope you like to build sandcastles.

john

The kiddie area at Stormalong Bay is just the best. It's zero entry but it's sand...just like the beach. You'll love it. Hope you like to build sandcastles.

john

Do you know if they have sand toys available or should we bring or own?

We brought our own toys. We also bought some noodles to use in the pool too.

Last time I was there, there were buckets and shovels all over that kids were sharing (well, LEARNING to share.) You could get them with meals at Hurricane Hannahs, but it seemed like either were leaving them behind when they left the pool or the lifequards had put some out. If your kids are small I might bring some or buy some there so they don't have to wade into the "learning to share" fray with the bigger kids. ;)

If the kids are bigger, they often have some CM's out organizing games for the school age kids.

At any rate...the sandy zero entry area is AWESOME.

How do you get into the lazy River there? Is that also a sandy bottom?

Since the lazy river is 8 ft deep, you don't really touch the bottom. You have to get out of certain water areas to get into other areas.

My daughter has some physical problems so I was wondering how you enter the lazy river?

My daughter has some physical problems so I was wondering how you enter the lazy river?

There is a small set of concrete stairs that drop off directly into 8 feet of water. I found out the hard way......:eek:

There is a small set of concrete stairs that drop off directly into 8 feet of water. I found out the hard way......:eek:

It is seriously a scary place, I did not let my 9 year old out of my sight. It's fast and very deep, not relaxing at all!!! My daughter and 13 year old loved it, I worried too much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter