Yzguys and polyester......:eek:

Esmerelda

DVC'r 10/04/Dis Veteran
Wow...let me start off by saying this will be a not so complete report with a focus on food and the DDP...I tried to take as many photos as I could think of and to top it off its a new camera (which I later learned to love!!) I was very skeptical from the get go of the DDP but it is a good value for your money (if you are big eaters).

Day 1: we arrived at about 7pm via AA and used ME for the first time ever (lots of firsts on this trip) and it went quite well. We pulled two of our bags ourselves because I wanted to shower and change when we hit the room so that took a little extra time. We were at Saratoga Springs by about 8:20pm. We walked into the Carriage House and walked right up to the desk. We were put in the Springs studio rm #3701 and it was absolutely fantastic!

The above photos are our view out of our balcony of our studio. I could not have been put in a more perfect location. It was so relaxing to overlook that pond and fountain. Our first day we had breakfast at the Artist Palette of which I missed my photos because I was so darn hungry! lol.... I can't recall what we had but our total bill was $25.04 and we had large amounts. So far, I have no complaints on the food nor the weather!

OK...I apologize if any of this does not come out well (photos) but I having some techno difficulties here! We got to Epcot at about 10am...we slept in...and it was crowded and hot. The wait time for "Soarin" was 120 minutes!! yikes...we opted to just have our first snack instead...lol

This was strawberry shortcake at the Sunshine Seasons counter in the building where Soarin is. It was light...and out of this world! What a great snack....I think these were $3.69 each. We both enjoyed this snack!

We went to Pleasure Island later that evening and really had a super time. I am however just baffled at the parents that have tiny babies/children out at midnight in strollers at PI? Its no wonder that poor things are tired and cranky the next day. These little tykes need to be asleep at that hour! (sorry...just my 2cents). We hit the Comedy Warehouse...the Adventurers Club and of course our fav 8-Trax to dance. We had a great time. Back to the studio so we can get up early the next day.

These are some shots from a boat ride at the Poly over the the MK...what a great day and great view! (I made them a tad smaller)

and of course..no afternoon around Epcot would be complete without the infamous Fiesta Marguerita...!

next installment....Whispering Canyon Cafe....:)

Our second evening there, we decided on Whispering Canyone Cafe for dinner. We both have a soft spot for the Wildnerness Lodge so we totally enjoy going there for any meal.

We arrived and were seated right away (we only made our reservation the afternoon of that same day...just an FYI). We were serviced by SusieLieAlot and she was just simply a riot. She came over and sat down and just started talking away to us and we had so much fun with her. She noticed right away that we were celebrating an anniversary (Disney provided those great red Mickey/Minnie anniversary pins and we forgot all about them). Our meal was wonderful but oh sooo much food...I YI YI.

We had appetizers of loaded nachos (which would have fed 3 folks!) and a garden salad that had the best salad dressing ever! We shared both. My husband ordered the meatloaf (which he said was quite yummy) and I had the salmon which was very very good. We took dessert in a to go box because there was no way we could eat it. I believe our total bill was around $70 for the two of us. Once again...we came out ahead on food.

Our main courses as described above.

now you can see why "polyester" is mentioned in the title....:eek: Somewhere after our meal was finished we ended up in the front of the restaurant with anther couple and were involved in a kissing contest while the rest of the restaurant cheered us on...lol I must say we did not do too darn bad. My hubby dipped me though and I started laughing so I think I blew it and the young bucks beat us out. We had a lot of fun. (I don't understand how you cannot have "fun" at this restaurant.....)

more to come tomorrow....
Esmerelda

Great start to your reviews - the salmon at WCC looks lovely (can you believe I've never tried salmon in my life :eek: ). Can't believe Soarin' had a 2 hour wait at 10 am - when was this?

How did you find Artist Palette at SSR? We are staying there in August and looking forward to trying Turf Club for the first time - did you eat there or am I getting ahead of you :rotfl:

Excellent ~ Looking forward to reading more:thumbsup2

Beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing! The Strawberry Shortcake from Sunshine Seasons is my must-have for every trip.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter