Yup. I'm Crazy! (resort switch)

Raenstoirm

DIS Veteran
While most people are trying to get in to a deluxe, I wanted out. One of my goals is to stay at every resort, but my husband is a creature of habit and as such I have only stayed at 3 different resorts. This trip we planned our first ever split stay because a MK view room is unavailable our first night. Last night I was joking with my husband that we could save a little money by spending our first night at a value instead of the Wilderness Lodge. He said "I will never want to stay at a value, so this may be your only chance." I jumped at it! So now we are spending our first night at All Star Movies. I am so excited to be staying at a truly "themed" hotel. Downgrading has made me so happy! :banana: Call me nuts!:laughing:

I don't blame you...I've made it a mission to stay at every resort. I'm only short on Pop Century, and the new BLT (and technically, Treehouses...since I stayed at the OLD treehouses, and not the new ones). I've managed a stay at every other property (leaving out Shades of Green, as I have no military connections to get in that one), DVC and hotel.

Even though I really have no big interest to stay at Pop Century for any special reason, if I were booking, I'd probably take the opportunity to stay there even if I could have gotten something I already know I like, just so I can cross it off my list.

That's great you got the resort you wanted and since you are already going thru the trouble of a split stay/move you came out even more ahead since you saved some mega $$.

We also are on the every resort mission, but since we did 4 trips this year we stayed value 3 times, at this point my every resort mission isn't as important as my I must go all the time mission so if I can go 4 times value/mod vs 1 time in Deluxe I'm going to keep doing that.

We usually add on an extra night at the last minute and I try to get into the resort I will be staying at unless the cost is insane...last Nov we stayed one 9 at POP, just 12 hours at this resort and I was sooo miserable! The room is so tiny and old, the noise is ridiculous and the food court was gross.

We checked out the next day and showed up at the Poly at 8am, very anxious to check in!

Hi Raenstoirm,
That is great! I like split stays as it gives you the opportunity to stay at several different places. It also saves you some $$$ which you can spend on making more great Disney memories. :yay: Have a wonderful trip! :thumbsup2

I understand! I turned down a free upgrade to SSR to stay at POR. That said, when they asked me where I WOULD like to stay I said the CR and they gave it to me! Even I can be bought.:rolleyes1 But, I know what you're talking about. Next month we're switching to the AKL for our last night (cheaper). I can't wait! Never stayed there before!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter