Yummy Yummy Yummy - A live report 11/30-12/6 updated with Spoodles

Jiko looks so yummy! Can't get my DH to try it tho! That means I'll have to plan an all girls trip again!!:santa:

Loving your ( and your daughter's) reviews and pics. That braised short ribs at Jiko's looked spectacular.:thumbsup2

Looking forward to more. :goodvibes

Packing up to go home now :sad1: I'll respond and post all of Friday yummies tonight or tomorrow after we get home.

Thanks everyone for reading along! :goodvibes

Packing up to go home now :sad1: I'll respond and post all of Friday yummies tonight or tomorrow after we get home.

Thanks everyone for reading along! :goodvibes

Ok that was over way too fast but I loved it all! So....when ya going back?

Wow, that was alot of fun to read...it all made me sooo hungry!!! We'll be going to Le Cellier and Jiko on our trip in May, really looking forward to it (we did Jiko the last girlie trip, too- can't wait to go back! But this time it will be as a part of the Sunset Safari!:thumbsup2 ). Hope everyone is feeling better now, so sorry your trip is done, though!

I can't believe it is over already. Well it was fun while it lasted I can't wait to see and hear the rest. Have a safe trip home hope DH is feeling better.:goodvibes

Great reviews! I'm sorry about your traffic problems. We left Raleigh at 9PM on 11/29 and had no problems. MIL left around 4AM on 11/30 and she counted 22 accidents on 95. :eek:

It's a shame that you didn't try the Mount Kilamarita (the maragarita at Jiko) it's great! I can't have just normal maragritas, they give me migraines, so I can vouch that this one definitely has a twist and it was delicious! :)

Everything looks really yummy. The appetizer looks good we tried that when we did the culinary tour before dinner at Boma. Thats another place you should try. Glad to hear everyone is feeling better.:thumbsup2
Tell me more about this culinary tour :confused3 We've been to Boma quite a few times and love it and love Jiko now :goodvibes

YUMMO is all I can say, we LOVE JIKO!!!!!!!! I had the short rib last trip.....amazing!!!!:worship:
My only worry about Jiko was that I had such great expectations I was afraid it might not live up to them, but it did :thumbsup2

All I can say is that your reviews (and DD's) are just awesome! Your Jiko pics took me right back to my b-day dinner there and I almost licked the monitor! Tell DS he is welcome and I am so glad that he enjoyed it too!

Thank goodness the family is feeling better! Nothing worse than being on a much anticipated vacation and feeling lousy!

So....what are we eating next?

Let's just say that I'm really glad this wasn't our Once in Lifetime trip to Disney :sad2: Next up is Spoodles for our last night.

Just noticed we're "neighbors"...I'm in Matthews.:)
Great review and I hope y'all feel better.

Hi Neighbor! I actually have a Matthews address but live in Stallings :upsidedow Maybe we'll run into each other sometime :flower3:

Jiko looks so yummy! Can't get my DH to try it tho! That means I'll have to plan an all girls trip again!!:santa:

An all girls trip sounds like a lot of fun :cheer2: Definitely his loss!

Really enjoying your reviews and pics. That smores dessert at Jiko looks fantastic.

It's hard to go wrong with smores ;) I never thought to add peanut butter before, but it goes really well with it :banana:

Loving your ( and your daughter's) reviews and pics. That braised short ribs at Jiko's looked spectacular.:thumbsup2

Looking forward to more. :goodvibes

Thank you! More coming up shortly :)

Ok that was over way too fast but I loved it all! So....when ya going back?

Not as soon as you! Next trip will be sometime in June possibly July. Gotta start planning that one :goodvibes

I agree with MickeyNicki! :goodvibes

Love your Jiko review and pics! Jiko is our favorite WDW restaurant.

It's amazing the amount of time spent planning and then it's over so fast :sad2:

Wow, that was alot of fun to read...it all made me sooo hungry!!! We'll be going to Le Cellier and Jiko on our trip in May, really looking forward to it (we did Jiko the last girlie trip, too- can't wait to go back! But this time it will be as a part of the Sunset Safari!:thumbsup2 ). Hope everyone is feeling better now, so sorry your trip is done, though!

Thanks! We love LeCellier, always have good meals there and Jiko is a new favorite :thumbsup2

I can't believe it is over already. Well it was fun while it lasted I can't wait to see and hear the rest. Have a safe trip home hope DH is feeling better.:goodvibes

Thankfully it was an uneventful drive home :goodvibes Left DTD (had to get a few snacks ;) ) at 11:35am and pulled in the drive way at 8pm.

Great reviews! I'm sorry about your traffic problems. We left Raleigh at 9PM on 11/29 and had no problems. MIL left around 4AM on 11/30 and she counted 22 accidents on 95. :eek:

We left around 8:30am on Saturday the 29th (77 to 26 to 95), traffic was heavy but moving fine until the car cut off the guy in front of us :rolleyes1

Have a safe trip home.:hug:

Thank you, I was feeling a little skittish anytime the car in front of us hit their brakes :scared: I appreciate all pixie dust & good wishes :hug:

It's a shame that you didn't try the Mount Kilamarita (the maragarita at Jiko) it's great! I can't have just normal maragritas, they give me migraines, so I can vouch that this one definitely has a twist and it was delicious! :)

Maybe I'll give that a try next time :goodvibes

Up next will be Fridays treats :cool1:

Glad you made it back home safe:goodvibes . The culinary tour is first come first serve they do it before Boma and Jiko open. At Jiko they tell you about the meaning of things around the resturant. Like the colors on the walls the birds in the air etc. Then you meet with a chef and they go over the foods and they have some stuff for you to sample. Like the Appetizer you had that night. And then you walk with the group over to Boma's and one of the chefs there will walk you down the buffet and explain all the great food they serve YUM. It doesn't take real long and it's better then just sitting waiting for the resturant to open:rotfl: . And the best part of the whole thing is the tour is FREE:yay: !!!!!! That's correct not a typo you read right I said FREE:rotfl2: . Is DH doing better?

Glad you made it back home safe:goodvibes . The culinary tour is first come first serve they do it before Boma and Jiko open. At Jiko they tell you about the meaning of things around the resturant. Like the colors on the walls the birds in the air etc. Then you meet with a chef and they go over the foods and they have some stuff for you to sample. Like the Appetizer you had that night. And then you walk with the group over to Boma's and one of the chefs there will walk you down the buffet and explain all the great food they serve YUM. It doesn't take real long and it's better then just sitting waiting for the resturant to open:rotfl: . And the best part of the whole thing is the tour is FREE:yay: !!!!!! That's correct not a typo you read right I said FREE:rotfl2: . Is DH doing better?

Free is not a word you see/hear regarding ANYTHING at Disney very often :rotfl: Sounds like fun, we'll have to check that out next time :cool1:

DH is slowly recovering. He was absolutely exhausted from the trip and tried to sleep/relax as much as possible yesterday. He's got some sinus congestion still that's backing up into his eyes but hopefully now that he's back home & at work he'll get enough rest to fully recover :laughing:

DH & I were a little jealous about the kids trip to Main Street Bakery so on our way out of the park on Thursday we stopped and brought some cinnamon rolls back to the villa for Fridays breakfast. What a wonderful way to start the day! I didn't take a picture because they got a little messy in the plastic container, but it didn't matter they still tasted wonderful :thumbsup2

The weather was beautiful, so we spent sometime at the pool. Gotta love laying out by the pool in December, listening to Christmas carols with a lovely drink called a Turtle Crawl in my hand :beach: I seem to recall it had a variety of rums: rum, coconut rum, maybe banana rum & some juice. Didn't really matter, it was tropical & yummy :goodvibes

We headed to Epcot later in the afternoon to wander before our dinner at Spoodles. DD was feeling guilty about missing school so she went on Living with the Land to cover some Biology, and then we went to France so she could hear/speak some French (to cover French 1). While in France, DH saw that they had Moet & Chandon Imperial and ordered a glass for me. I love that man :love: He knows that Moet & Chandon White Star is my favorite, so when he saw that they had the Imperial he decided I had to have some :cloud9: I loved my champagne and DH had a glass of Vouvrey (?). While we enjoyed those, the kids each picked a piece of chocolate to try. Everyone was happy :yay:
Champagne $12.20 (yikes)
Wine 4oz pour $4.69
total with tax $17.99
chocolates (paid seperately) .47 each

After watching the really really bad Impressions de France movie, we made our way over to the Boardwalk and checked in early for our 7pm ADR at Spoodles.

We checked in early for our ADR at Spoodles and were given a beeper. After about 15 minutes we were seated.

DH ordered a pitcher of Sangria for us:

This was really good! Spanish red wine, brandy & triple sec with fruit juice & slices of fruit. FYI, the Allears menu lists the pitcher as $18.75 as of Sep 08, the price has jumped substantially to $25.00 :eek:

For our appetizer we had a goat cheese with marinara served with foccacia toast. We were so hungry, we dove in and had almost finished it before we remembered to take a picture :guilty: So apologies for the half eaten food pic :rolleyes:

This was really really good! The cheese was so creamy, and the marinara was wonderful and both on the foccacia toast was a delicious combination popcorn::

Our server; Bobby from Hell (Hell Michigan that is :laughing: ) brought out a basket of bread with an olive tapenade dipping oil:

I liked this because it had a really nice combination of olives, not just green olives (which are not my favorite).

For our entrees, DD & I both had the Lemon-Garlic Shrimp Linguine with preserved lemons, shaved garlic, Italian parsley & butter.

It's amazing how we can have the same dish, at the same table, yet they came out different :confused: I probably should have switched plates with DD, because she loves pepper and mine had a whole lot of pepper. It was still good, but I could've done with less pepper. The description said it was with preserved lemons, but there weren't any in my dish. All in all, this was very good and DD devoured hers. I'm probably just nitpicking because it was the end of the trip and we'd had so many good meals :goodvibes

DS got the kids cheese pizza (he's 11, what can I say-he likes pizza)

He liked the pizza and really liked the plate :laughing: If anyone knows where I can get those Mickey shaped plates, let me know please :)

DH ordered the Wood Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Homemade Gnocchi, Spinach, Mushrooms, Onions, and Red Wine Sauce:

He really enjoyed this and loved the Gnocchi. The pork was very tender and had a nice smoky/wood flavor :goodvibes

We were all full and since we were heading back to Epcot for EMH we decided to skip dessert for now.

Spoodles used to be our 1st night tradition but they changed the menu and we had a so-so experience last time, so we hadn't been there in a couple of years. This was a really good dinner and I'm really glad we decided to try it again :thumbsup2

3 adult entrees
1 kid meal
1 appetizer
2 lemonades
1 pitcher Sangria
Total after discount with Tax & Tip: $104.88

Holy price hike on the Sangria. :scared1: If all goes as planned I still want to get some on Friday. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter