Yummy,Yummy in my tummy!! 8/17-8/25

Mommytwotwins

Mouseketeer
We had a great trip but boy was it HOT:scared1::scared1: We had some great meals but sorry no pics for you just my reviews:guilty:

It was me 37 and a picky eater..no seafood for me! DH 39 and loves all food..and my 7 year old twins girls princess:princess: picky eaters depending on the day

8/17 Food court at Caribean beach. I had the mojo pork,mashed potato and corn. It was good but nothing special kids had chicken nuggets,pretty standard and dh had a Reuben Sandwich which he said was good

8/18 Lunch at Tony's town square in MK. Alot of people gave this place a bad review and we all thought it was great!!! We met up with my sister and her family for this meal. I had the chicken parm and Ice Cream Bomb for dessert. Both were great. Although the piece of bread they gave with it was so hard I could hardly bite into it.

Dh had Shrimp Scampi Linguini and loved it, he loves seafood!
both girls had Mickey-shaped Cheese Ravioli - with an Alfredo Sauce and topped with Crispy Pepperoni and they said it was good
My sister had Bianca Flatbread - with fresh Mozzarella, Garlic, and Basil, it looked amazing and I wish I had ordered it. She said it was very good. I can't remember what my BIL had.

8/19 lunch at Yak & Yeti I ordered Bourbon Chicken and liked the flavor alot with jasmine rice which I love. DH had Shaoxing Steak and Shrimp and it was set up on plate very nicely. He liked it and was bery happy he ordered it. we both ordered the Fried Wontons for dessert and it was super yummy. Both kids ordered Chicken Bites...surprise!

Dinner at Chef Mickey's Food was ok, I know this one has mixed reviews also but the character interaction is worth the meal IMO. It was just way to hot to wait in a long line the meet these charaters. Last year we did breakfast which I would sugguest over the dinner but we have done both now and we are all good!

8/20 Lunch at LeCellier We LOVE this place!! I ordered the filet cooked well-done with no mushrooms and the cream cheese mashed potato. It was perfect!!!! DH did the mushroom filet with risoto cooked med/well and also loved it!!
I can't remember what the kids had but one of the plates had ketsup on it and when the server came over the bring the plates he dropped the whole cup of ketsup down the back of one of my girls..it was a mess! He realy did not say he was sorry at all just said now your lucky enough to get a free t-shirt from us. He was not rude but I think just embarrassed that it happened. He came back with a voucher to get a free t-shirt anywhere in Epcot. I guess that was nice but her top and skirt and stained now. Oh well! Meal was great!!

8/21 Dinner at Cape May My DH is a big seafood lover so I booked this for him. He loved the crab legs,clams,and mussels. I did not eat much,not to much I realy liked being a non-seafood eater. I think my DH would go again but for me I am all seat with this place. Plus when I got up to take one of my girls to the restroom my DH said the server told him we take keep eating but they realy needed the table..we had only been seated for about 1/2 hour and I thought that was very RUDE if her to say that. My dh felt uncomfortable and said he wanted more mussels so I said well we paid like everyone else go get them!! This was the only rude cast member we came across all week so not the usual I would say.

8/22 50's Prime time diner lunch We like the theme of this place and think it's fun. I had thr pot roast and it was not was good as last year but still good. DH had the meatloaf and wished he had got the fried chicken, Both girls got the mac and cheese. One was not eating it so the server asked if she wanted checken nuggets and she brought them to her at no charge. DH and I both had the PB&J milksjakes...and can I say YUM-O!! I had thr bostom cream cupcake which was GREAT!! It was huge and the top was filled with boston cream and a little TV chocolate on top.

8/23 Lunch at Teppen Edo We met up with my sister again for this meal and this meal was FAB!!!! A few of us had Nihonbashi - sirloin steak and chicken breast which is served with udon noodles,veggies and steamed rice. It was great!! DH had Asakusa - sirloin steak and large shrimp and loved it. All the kids had Tori - chicken breast and it was very adventurus fro my kids but they ate it. for dessert a few of us had Chocolate Ginger Cake and green tea pudding. This meal was great from start to finish. The little show they put on is great and food tasty and fresh, I will be back at this one!

8/24 O'hanas dinner We were her last year also and loved it so booked it agian. The food was great but out server was soooo slow. The people on the side of us were seated a few minutes after us and had a table full of food even before we had drinks!! I had to ask for the shrimp for my DH and I wanted more chicken,which by the way was great and much better than than the turkey lasy year. It was at least a 1/2 hour before he came back with it! Not good!! But the food was good and the kids did the coconut race and limbo, if it were not for that I would have complained about the super slow service, and I never complain.

We also ate 2 night at Wolf Gang Puck express and this place ROCKS!!!! You must do it!!! The first time we both had the bacon wrapped meatloaf with mashed potato and can I just say this was great!!!!! Both kids had the mac and chesse and it was very good also. The next time I had the BBQ chicken pizza which was good and dH had the
Pennette Chicken Alfredo and it was good too!~ kids had the chicken tenders also good.
I recomend this place when in downtown disney...I mean if you are going to eat counter service make it a woth nit!!!
All in all we had a great trip and some great food!! Thanks for reading and sorry for no pics but I just never remembered!;)

Thanks for the reviews!

Ohana and LeCellier are some of my faves!

I cant believe waiter drenched poor DD in ketchup, sounds like he was embarressed and tried to cover by being funny..

So glad to read a good review on Tonys as we are trying it for the first time next Sun!

One day I will try Yak & Yeti, I just havent had a chance yet..

thanks for the reviews. we are trying o'hana for the first time this trip - hope we have better service than you! we prefer sci fi to 50's prime time - it was just ok when we went. have only had b'fast at chef mickeys and cape may - think we will stick with b'fast instead of dinner after your reviews!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts