Epcot WS Counter and Kiosks
1900 Park Faire Breakfast
Cosmic Ray's
GF Garden View Lounge Afternoon Tea
SciFi Dine-In
Boma

Diners: Me, DH, Twin DDs (5)

Day 1)
Columbia Harbour House - located in Liberty Square in MK. We ordered one Fish Basket w/Fries and one 8 piece Chicken Nugget basket w/apples to split btw the 4 of us. CHH is always a great place to eat. It wasn't crowded, the food was good and hot, and the service was friendly & fast. We had plenty of food w/o being stuffed. The fish and chicken were well seasoned and hot.

Ohana Dinner - located at the Polynesian Resort. We had ADRs for 5:30pm and were seated pretty quickly. Our server was Sam. She was very efficient and attentive. The food came out pretty quickly. The bread was warm and fresh. The salad was absolutely delicious! The pork dumplings and chicken wings were very tasty and hot. The noodles were fantastic and a fav of the DDs. They had a great flavor. The veggies were a broccoli/snow peas mix. They could have been a little crisper, but they had a good flavor. Next came the meats: steak, pork, turkey, and shrimp. The girls loved the pork and turkey. Both were tender and well seasoned. They didn't like the steak, but the adults did. Everybody got seconds. The shrimp was on the spicy side so the DDs only had 1 each. The adults had more. Dessert was the bread pudding w/the foster sauce. The girls were given vanilla ice cream w/mickey sprinkles. I'm not a fan of bread pudding, so I had ice cream w/the sauce. The other adults gobbled up the dessert, which was nice and hot as was the rum sauce.

Day 2)
Munching around the world (Epcot WS that is).
First stop Mexico, we split the Tacos al Carbon - flour tortillas filled with grilled chicken, onions and peppers, served with black refried beans and Mexican salsa at the Cantina de San Angel. The tortillas were soft and hot. The chicken was well seasoned and tasty. We spread the black beans in our tacos and enjoyed. The salsa was a bit too spicy and the amount was too much.
Next came Norway and our first taste of the highly recommended School Bread from Kringla Bakeri og Cafe. It was a good portion, fresh, and tasty.
At China, we ordered a serving of Egg Rolls from Lotus Blossom Cafe. There were 2 long ones. They were crisp and tasty.
Germany was next. We had a pretzel from Sommerfest. Soft, fresh, and hot.
Then came Italy. The Tutto Italia Kiosk had some lovely desserts. We had a chocolate mousse w/raspberry puree. It was so good, cold, and creamy. Wonderful balance of chocolate w/a hint of raspberry.
Japan was next. After getting our Kidcot stamps, we went to Yakitori House for the Shogun Combination - teriyaki chicken thigh, sukiyaki beef, and steamed rice. It was probably my least fav. The girls enjoyed it. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.
Morocco was next and had probably our favorite food. We stopped at TANGIERINE CAFE for their Lamb Shawarma Sandwiches- served with hummus, marinated red onions, lettuce & tomato, topped with Taziki sauce. Very, very yummy. We devoured it!! Hot, fresh, very flavorful. Probably our favorite of the day.
We were due for dessert. Fortunately France was next so we went to Boulangerie Patisserie. Every visit I swear that I am going to try something new. Every visit we get the cream puff and a chocolate milk.
By this time, we were pretty full so we skipped eating Fish n' Chips in the UK. (We convinced ourselves that since we ate a CHH the day before that it counted.)
Last was Canada. There was a drink kiosk there so we got a Strawberry/Banana frozen slushee drink. We made it almost completely around the world.

Day 3)
1900 Park Faire breakfast - located at GF. DD1 had Mickey Waffles, ham, canteloupe, and strawberry soup w/granola. DD2 had scrambled eggs, toast, pineapple, and a pastry. DH had eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, and pastries. I had a western omlette, ham, potatoes, and a pastry. The food was pretty good, but you are there for the characters, of course. Everything was fresh and hot. No complaints at all.

Cosmic Ray's - located in Tomorrowland at MK. We had a very early lunch and split the 1/2 Chicken and BBQ Rib Combination served with Mashed Potatoes and a seasonal vegetable. The food was warm, but not hot. The chicken and ribs were well seasoned. The potatoes weren't bad. The green beans had a good flavor, too, but everything would have been better if it was piping hot.

Garden View Lounge Afternoon Tea - located at GF. Tea was magnificent!! Our server Delaine was just lovely. DH and I each ordered the Buckingham Palace. The girls each got Mrs. Potts Tea. I chose the Gardenview Blend tea - A signature blend made exclusively for Gardenview Tea Room. DH got Imperial English Breakfast tea. DDs both got Chocolate Milk.
Our first course consisted of an onion tart - fantastic and 5 tea sandwiches: watercress and cucumber - okay; egg salad - DD2's fav; shrimp salad - very good; chicken salad w/almonds and orange marmalade - delicious; roasted pear and gorgonzola - absolutely amazing. The girls got 3 sandwiches each: ham & cheese - DD1's fav; PB&J; creamy chicken salad. The girls tasted all of our sandwiches and we tasted theirs. It was all incredible!
DH and I got a second course of scones and a jam tart. DD2 ate most of my jam tart. The scones were warm and when topped w/devonshire cream and raspberry preserves just heavenly. They just melted in your mouth!
The dessert course was next. I chose a white chocolate cheesecake square and swan made with mango mousse. DH chose the swan and a raspberry torte. DD1 chose a chocolate covered strawberry and a fruit tart. DD2 chose a choc. strawberry and a swan. Excellent!!! All the desserts were wonderful!

Day 4)
SciFi Dine In Lunch - located at DHS. We had a blast!! The girls had raspberry lemonade w/Tink lights. They also split a cheese pizza which came w/veggie sticks and apples. I didn't get a chance to sample the pizza. It was gone before I had the chance to ask. The apples had a yummy brown sugar/granola topping. Actually it was more of a dusting. DH got a cherry coke and the 7 Bean Beef Chili - topped with shredded cheddar, pico de gallo, and tortilla strips, which he absolutely loved. I wasn't crazy about it, but he really like it. I got a vanilla coke and the Angus Chuck Burger - Flame broiled beef patty topped with cheddar cheese, sauteed onions, mushrooms and crispy bacon w/fries. (I shared w/DH) The food was really, really good. My burger was cooked perfectly. It was fresh, hot, moist, and well seasoned. I loved the fries. They were a nice, thick cut. The atmosphere is fantastic although a little loud.

Boma Dinner - located at AKL. My thanks to all the DISers who recommended Boma's. We made 6pm ADRs and were so glad we did. We will be back!! The girls stayed clear of the "kids cart" and sampled many of the delcious, wonderful foods. We ate so much!! We all tried different things and sampled from each others plates. It was fantastic! I had salad twice. Once w/Apple Vinigrette, once w/mango. Both excellent
I had two soups: Coconut Curried Chicken Soup and the Seafood Stew. (I wanted to sample them all, but ran out of room.) Both soups were wonderfully flavored. DDs had the roasted chicken - very moist and flavorful. DH had the ribs, which were tender and delicious. I had the Prime Rib which was perfectly cooked and seasoned, and the Nut Crusted Salmon (which paired marvelously w/the Kool Slaii). We had the Bobotie (so good!), Kokonut Rice, Geelry's Rice, Potatoes w/Afritude, roasted veggies, and more stuff then I can remember. Then the magnificent desserts: Cocomisu, Zebra Domes, Chocolate Mousse Crunch, Pineapple Upside Down Cheesecake, some kind of coconut cake, and more than I can remember.
We tried stuff that we didn't even know what it was. It was all very good. Everything was fresh, hot, well-seasoned. There was not a single item that I tasted that I didn't like. Both my DDs were eager to try all the new, exciting dishes and quickly emptied their plates. After we were full, I went back up to each station and told every chef that I saw how delicious everything was. Our server was Samia. She was attentive and informative.
I chatted with other diners while at the stations. Everyone I talked to was friendly and eager to recommend dishes that they had already tried. I had been to other buffets, but this was the friendliest. We chatted with other diners in line and at other tables, which normally doesn't happen for us. We will be back.

In addition, we had some yummy snacks that deserve mentioning: Dole Whip from Aloha Isle (Adventureland at MK), Strawberry Swirl from Enchanted Grove (Fantasyland in MK), and a new fav. the Cream Cheese Pretzel from the Lunching Pad (Tomorrowland at MK).

Those are my reviews. I'm sorry I don't have pics. Each day we would say to each other, Let's not forget to get pics of the food. But when we were sitting in front of our yummies, we turned into Homer Simpson :rolleyes1 (drooling and hypnotized by the food before us).

Thanks so much for the great reviews! I think it's wonderful that you are exposing your girls to such a variety of foods and different tasting experiences!! :dance3: :cheer2: :goodvibes

Great reviews!

May I ask--what is a strawberry swirl? Is it a drink?

It's an ice cream cone, vanilla swirled with strawberry sherbet. Delicious!
You can get them at the Enchanted Grove in Fantasyland at MK, near the Tea Cups. They really are great and very refreshing!

Yummy! Sounds like your girls are good eaters, my 5 year old is going to be a challenge in August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts