Yummy food!! Just back 5/24-30

mousiemom

55th wdw trip
Not on the ddp this trip but we had the dde card and we saved $90 for 5 days!! LOVE THE DDE CARD!!

Ohana/dinner - Loved, loved, loved!!!
our adr was for 6:45 and we arrived early so we had some pretty drinks while we waited. The Yapu Yapu was fabulous!! This drink was $12.75 but we saved $7 just on our alcohol bill. We had a great view of space mtn. and our waiter Leroy was great! Our favorite items were: the salad, potatoes, shrimp, and the steak!! Next time we will just eat a lot of steak and skip the other! Soooooo good!! The banana foster/bread pudding was delicious!

Coral Reef/dinner - Very Good!
I had read so many different reviews for here but we were very excited about this one cause we surprised my inlaws with the diver coming down with the sign congratulating them on their 40th anniversary! We had a really good table and my 6 yr dd loved taking pics of the sharks and turtles that swam by. On the kid's meal they get an appetizer, entree, and desert so I ordered her the lobster soup knowing I was going to eat it! I ordered the caesar salad and it was so crispy! I ordered the shrimp and pasta and ate every bite of it! It was so good. I'm a big seafood eater living on the gulf coast and this was good shrimp. My FIL ordered the salmon and he said it was good but not as good as my shrimp. My dh ordered the blackened catfish and it was too spicey for me but he liked it. I loved the atmosphere and it was so relaxing. Oh, me and my MIL ordered some more pretty drinks and The Abysess was tasty. They brought out the champagne flute that was made out of chocolate that had chocolate mousse inside and strawberries around it and it was very good and the inlaws loved it!!

River Roost Lounge @ POR resort
The night before I was walking thru and I heard all of these people singing and having the best time lead by this guy playing the piano and I said we are going there tomorrow night. So, me, dh, and MIL went up and had nachos and spinach,artichoke, and crab dip and had more pretty drinks! All of this was great and "Bob" the entertainer had everyone up dancing and singing the whole time!! Don't miss him! We were so sad he wasn't playing again our trip. We also ate in the food court one day and had the cheeseburger and fries and it was alright. It had been sitting out too long but I ate it all.

1900 Park Fare/breakfast
We enjoyed walking around the GF and taking pics. It's so pretty! The breakfast was really good but I hate to say but my favorite is still Chef Mickey!! I like the food better and the napkin singing! I missed the breakfast lasagna too! I think we will skip breakfast next trip because that is the best time to hit the parks and my dd didn't hardly eat anything!

Wolfgang Puck Express/dinner
This is a popular place! We decided to eat here while shopping @ DTD. Be sure and get someone to grab a table while u get the food. I had the 4 cheese ravioli and it was delicious. My dh had the mushroom pizza and it was good and my FIL had the rosemary chicken and he said it was good so we were very impressed here!

I will report back when we go for our FREE DINING Aug. 31st! We are very excited about this. We are going to Le Cellier, Kona Cafe, Capn Jacks, Boma, and Tempura Kiku! We went by the Cookes of Dublin and the fish looked and smelled so good. We are going there for lunch too!!
Here's to good eating!!!
Mousiemom(Pam)

Thanks for the review! We also love the DDE card!!! Saving money while having pretty adult beverages. My kind of vacation!

Thanks for the info on the River Roost Lounge, my SIL will be staying at the POR this year, I'll be sure to tell them to check that out!

It's great to read a good review on Coral Reef from a fellow Gulf Coaster! I love "pretty drinks" too.:thumbsup2

My wife and I are planning to go to Ohana before the MVMCP in December when we go. We're not the most adventurous eaters, but Asian-style food is one of my favorite groups. Sounds like you made some good picks.

Tell your SIL there is so much to do @ POR! We rented kayaks one day for an hour and went down the river and it was like $10. We also did the horse and carriage ride around the resort and that was so relaxing and pretty! One of our favorites was riding the boat taxi to dtd. Especially at night!
Have Fun!
Mousiemom

Yeah, I know when I'm tasting good seafood. Being from Louisiana, I bet you like to eat blue crabs? This is my all time favorite. I can sit and eat them all day long!! The shrimp @ CR were really big and so good! I can't wait to go back in Aug. for Free Dining!!!
Mousiemom

Ohana was awesome!! I loved the atmosphere and you couldn't ask for better food and service! Remember to get lots of the steak and save room for that yummy bananas foster/bread pudding!!
Have Fun!
Mousiemom

Yeah, I know when I'm tasting good seafood. Being from Louisiana, I bet you like to eat blue crabs? This is my all time favorite. I can sit and eat them all day long!! The shrimp @ CR were really big and so good! I can't wait to go back in Aug. for Free Dining!!!
Mousiemom

I'm craving them right now.:rotfl:

Great reviews. We are going for free dining in August too and will be eating at Kona and Le Cellier. Can't wait.

I'm from Louisiana and had a very different experience at Coral Reef. we read that Tour Guide Mike listed it as his favorite restaurant. So we know our seafood. Knew the kids would eat it. So we went. Beautiful restaurant. But the food was nondescript. And very $$$$. We now have a vow to never eat seafood outside of Louisiana. Just didn't do it for us.

We are thinking about publishing a travel book just for diners from Louisiana.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter