• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yum Food - Our TS Dining Reviews

Great reviews, I'm really enjoying them! Love the picture of your daughter with snow white.

I was really thrilled with the Princess pics. DD was so cute with them. Next time I'm having the camera ready quicker though so I can catch the big hugs when she meets a favorite character.

Sci-Fi Diner – this is our final TS for this trip.

I couldn’t believe DH and DS wanted to eat there - again. If only they would change out the movie clips I wouldn’t mind it so much. :confused3

We were originally going to stay all day on Sunday and leave on Monday but the state of GA decided to have some school testing for 3rd grade starting on Monday so I had to adjust our plans when I saw the school calendar. DD doesn’t do very well when she misses tests – she gets all stressed out during the make up test.

I had no problem getting an early lunch ADR. I really prefer early lunch and dinner ADR's so it's not so crowded in the restaurants. When we checked in at 11:20am, the check in area was a zoo but it moved quickly. We didn’t even have to wait to get into our car. :thumbsup2

I noticed one change since the last time we were there in 2005. There were cars in the middle that had a front and back like a car but the middle was a table. I thought that was interesting and I was glad they added that for people who couldn’t get into the cars. Those actually looked like they had great locations to. Much better than the location we ended up in.

We were seated in a car in the front of the restaurant off to the right near the area where a podium was and it looked like that’s where the computer was located for servers to handle the checking out. It was also too close to the screen but the kids didn’t mind. DS12 was the driver and I was the front seat passenger. DD8 sat behind me with DH next to her. Partway into our meal, 2 other people joined our car sitting in the back. They probably had the best views of the screen for our car.

Our server came right over and took our drink orders. DS had a chocolate shake and a diet coke. He hated the chocolate shake, he said it was too chocolately. :rotfl: DH had a diet coke, DD went for the Pirate Punch with the light up Tinkerbell but said it was too sweet so she switched to Diet Coke. I had the Glowtini that was sweet but I liked it. I found a recipe for it and now have made it at home several times less the sugar rim.

Here's my Glowtini:

Sept2008Vacation1186.jpg

Because this restaurant is so dark, I wasn’t able to get many pics but I’ll post what I do have. Most of the pics of the food are so bad, you can't even see the food. Ugh.

We decided against appetizers since it was so hot out and we wanted to have plenty of room for lunch. Plus after lunch we were driving home to GA and we didn’t want to be so full we’d get sleepy.

When it came time to order, DS decided to get the Beef and Macaroni since he liked it at Le Cellier. I warned him that it might not taste the same but he got it anyway. DD had a hamburger and French fries, DH had the Angus Chuck Burger with fries and I had the Smoked Turkey Sandwich with cucumber-melon salad.

As I expected DS didn’t like the Sci-Fi Beef and Macaroni. He said the macaroni was overcooked and there wasn’t much ground beef.
DD loved her hamburger and fries so did DH.
I liked the Smoked Turkey sandwich but after eating half of it, I did get tired of the multi grain bread so I ate the filling out of the other half and left the bread. The avocado mayo on the sandwich was delicious. I was nervous about that since it sounded weird but I really liked it. The cucumber-melon salad was surprisingly good. It was refreshing on a hot day.

We all decided to get a dessert. DD got the kids ice cream sundae with nothing on it so basically she had a bowl of vanilla ice cream.
DS and I each got our own Hot Fudge Sundae that were very yummy.
DH got the cheesecake with caramel sauce and treats. DH said it was weird having cracker jacks on cheesecake so he took them off and ate the cheesecake and caramel sauce. He liked it but said he would have been happier with a plain slice of cheesecake. I'm sure he could've ordered it that way if he'd thought about it.

Here's a pic of the Hot Fudge Sundae:

Sept2008Vacation1192.jpg

Our server was good. She kept our drinks refilled and checked on us regularly. She also knew what the Table in Wonderland card was so I figure they were starting to get used to it by the end of the week.

After leaving the restaurant, we headed out into the crowds. In the hour we ate, the crowds in that area really magnified. We were glad to be leaving DHS.

So those are our Table Service reviews for this trip. Once the trip was over, DH – the one who wanted to eat quite a few TS meals – decided that we had too many and wants me to cut down on the next trip. He didn’t like having to be somewhere at a certain time. So next time we’ll probably go back to our 2 or 3 for the whole trip. :(

It was fun experiencing the different restaurants. I’m off to upload more pictures so I can add to the resort picture threads. :woohoo:

Great photos and reviews! You have beautiful children. :)

May I ask--what is that the thing that looks like a Popsicle stuck into the 'Smores?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter