YQC/YQE and Other Codes Question

HLAuburn

DIS Veteran
For those of you who booked under the new code (or other codes on the past), can you tell me what parts of the packages are actually discounted? I know the rooms are, but are the tickets and dining portions as well?

Also, comparing the room-only code to the package code, which was the better deal this time around?

Disney doesn't provide a breakdown of the prices on a package. So there's really no way to tell which portion is discounted.

I've found the package deal to be cheaper than the room only deal.

I thought that the package was a better deal based on the following:

Room only
4 Nights ASMusic = 396.00

Package
4 Nights ASMusic
(2 Adults/1 Child)
1 Day Base Passes x 3 (est. $180)
4 days Dining ($35x2 adults x 4 days=$280)
($10x1 child x 4 days=$40)

$396 + $180 + $320 = $896 / PAID $714.00

OR $396 Room only vs. $714 for room, 1-day tickets and dining
($318 difference)

SnackyStacky said:
Disney doesn't provide a breakdown of the prices on a package. So there's really no way to tell which portion is discounted.

True, but didn't DISers determine that the dining portion was not discounted, by calculating that adding dining to a non-discounted package price increased the total by exactly the same amount as adding dining to a discounted package?

tlbwriter said:
True, but didn't DISers determine that the dining portion was not discounted, by calculating that adding dining to a non-discounted package price increased the total by exactly the same amount as adding dining to a discounted package?

I think it's been decided that the discount is actually all on the room portion, none on the tickets or dining. If you price out the same room with different ticket options (# of days, add ons, etc.), then subtract the full price of the tickets &/or dining, you always end up with the same rate per night for the room no matter what! :sunny:

Although Disney will tell you that they don't have a breakdown......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter