• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"You're not making good choices, Phoebe!" A July 2015 Trip Report *completed 1/2/16*

So sorry that you lost your pouch off your lanyard. I would have been freaking out too! Good to know that you can get new copies though!

It was not a fun time!! Luckily, they were able to get my new ones to me fairly quickly. I was so close to crying, and I NEVER cry in public. It was very tough moment.

What a scary situation! I really hate when employees are so disinterested in their jobs. How hard is it to help someone or find someone who can?!

Your pictures from WWOHP are great! I'm really happy that you could experience this considering you're such a big fan. I never got into the books, but would love to see this someday. The rides and attention to detail sound just phenomenal!

Following along!! I'm sorry you had such trouble with all the TMs but I'm very glad you were able to eventually able to get everything squared away! I would have been so upset as well. Did you ever find your original pouch?

What a scary situation! I really hate when employees are so disinterested in their jobs. How hard is it to help someone or find someone who can?!

Your pictures from WWOHP are great! I'm really happy that you could experience this considering you're such a big fan. I never got into the books, but would love to see this someday. The rides and attention to detail sound just phenomenal!

It really was a crazy half hour or so. I just wish one of them would have said, "Oh, it's ok, it happens all the time, and you can get new ones." It would have changed EVERYTHING. But no one that I talked to acted at all like they cared. Luckily DH found the nice TM outside who said everything I needed to hear. Unfortunately, I wasn't the one who got to hear it, LOL!

The two Wizarding World areas really are so well themed that even a non-Potter fan would appreciate it, I think. I can't praise it enough, especially the Diagon Alley part.

Following along!! I'm sorry you had such trouble with all the TMs but I'm very glad you were able to eventually able to get everything squared away! I would have been so upset as well. Did you ever find your original pouch?

Welcome! I'm glad you're here!!

Luckily we met other TMs outside of that area who were great, but the ones in Hogsmeade are on my bad list! I'm glad DH was able to find a helpful one.

I never found my original pouch. I have no idea at all what happened to it. It had to have slipped off the hook or something, because the pouches on our lanyards were really strong. Strong to the point where it was hard to cut through them with sharp scissors (I know because I tried on one of the others when we got home!). There's no way it broke.

I just hate an unsolved mystery, LOL!!

So after reading your latest update I've decided:
1. we'll visit Hogsmeade before DA
2. I will NOT be going on FJ since I do experience motion sickness on some rides, like Soarin' unfortunately :(
3. I will make sure I try butter beer on a fairly empty stomach rather than after eating a meal :thumbsup2
That whole losing your pouch/not getting info from the TM's thing stinks. I've been reading some TR's on the UA/IOA board and yours isn't the first story I've heard of a pouch falling off.......not sure what it is?????
Oh and still not looking forward to the lockers lol! Read on another report about how wet you get on the water rides there and I'm thinking of bringing extra clothes. Even if I don't, I'm just not the kind of girl who can go bagless.........I'm destined for the lockers, unfortunately!

So after reading your latest update I've decided:
1. we'll visit Hogsmeade before DA
2. I will NOT be going on FJ since I do experience motion sickness on some rides, like Soarin' unfortunately :(
3. I will make sure I try butter beer on a fairly empty stomach rather than after eating a meal :thumbsup2
That whole losing your pouch/not getting info from the TM's thing stinks. I've been reading some TR's on the UA/IOA board and yours isn't the first story I've heard of a pouch falling off.......not sure what it is?????
Oh and still not looking forward to the lockers lol! Read on another report about how wet you get on the water rides there and I'm thinking of bringing extra clothes. Even if I don't, I'm just not the kind of girl who can go bagless.........I'm destined for the lockers, unfortunately!

1. I think visiting Hogsmeade first is a good idea. I really wish we had. Forbidden Journey's line also gets longer during the day than Gringotts, so depending on how you do the parks, you won't have to worry about a super long line on a ride that doesn't use the Express Pass.

2. Many of the rides at US/IOA are simulator rides, so I recommend taking some kind of anti-nausea meds before you go, AND keep some with you in your bag. Tylenol or ibuprofen too!

3. That's a good idea!

The lockers probably aren't nearly as bad as I'm making them sound. We just didn't know the tricks beforehand. My advice is, when you get in the locker areas, the first section is usually crowded beyond belief. There are more lockers toward the back, so just keep moving forward and it will be less busy.
We were nervous about the water rides too! On our way to the River Adventure, we saw two guys walking toward us that were SOAKED from head to toe. They were taking off their shoes and ringing out their socks (gross, because they were right on the walkway). They looked like they'd jumped in a lake. We got wet on the River Adventure, but not THAT soaked. But I think we got lucky because there were a lot of wet folks, especially around the Toon Lagoon area where the Popeye and Dudley DoRight rides are.

I talk a good game about going bagless, but I don't think I could realistically do it either, lol!!

Good morning!!

I hope this Monday starts your week off well! So far so good, here. No phone tragedies. I was able to get a new one yesterday, thankfully!
School starts a week from today!! I can't believe it. I feel sick, and nervous, and excited, and...a little bit of every emotion imaginable.

Enough about me, it's time for...

Chapter Five Part Five

We left Superhero Island and took a quick pause for pictures and drinks

FYI, that frozen lemonade thing is gross, so just skip it. The sign said Frozen Lemon Slush and Fresh Squeezed Lemonade, so I naively thought the frozen lemonade was freshly squeezed. Nope. It was that weird toosweet fake lemon flavor. DH got the frozen strawberry slush and it wasn't good either. BUT it did cool us off, and were were able to sit in the shade for a few minutes before moving on to...

Seuss Landing!

I just loved this sign! This area is super cute and themed very well, but again, it looks a little faded around the edges.

McElligot's Pool:

Our first ride here would be...

the Cat in the Hat. I would describe this ride as being like Winnie the Pooh. We were glad to have Express Pass for this, because it was another walk on. People in the line (which was posted around 35 minutes if I recall) kept asking us how we were passing them. I thought they were going to riot for a second.

EVERY SINGLE TM on this ride was fabulous. So friendly and engaging. I was very impressed.

Also, the Thing One and Thing Two characters in this ride are creepy. That is all.

We REALLY enjoyed the air conditioning on this ride.

After riding, we stopped in the shop and DH found a Grinch hat, I got some One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish pajama pants that are the best and most comfortable pants I have ever owned. I am wearing them right now. I would wear them everyday and everywhere if I thought I could get away with it.
The kids stopped to pose:

Next, we passed through a forest of Truffula Trees

and the boys rode the Caro-Seuss-El

This was SO CUTE! It might be my favorite carousel that I've ever seen. I am a huge Dr. Seuss fan, and we loved this area.

L was anxious to get going though, because next up was...

The Lost Continent. The only thing really here is Poseidon's Fury and Mythos restaurant. We were headed toward Poseidon's Fury.

What is here is really gorgeous.

I know Poseidon's Fury gets mixed reviews, but we enjoyed it! We of course used the Express Pass, but still had a long wait. I don't necessarily like that it's a walking/standing attraction, because I would have loved me a chair right about then, but alas...

Yes, it was cheesy and goofy, but that was part of the charm!

(also, Kids! Blinky Shoes! Go! was almost the title for this report...but I felt like I'd seen that used before)

After we conquered the evil wizard, we escaped back to the real world.

In the real world, it was drizzling.

Then is started raining lightly.

We kept going, it wasn't bad, just sort of refreshing.

Then it started raining harder.

It's ok. We were close to the train station to go back to Universal.

Then, Zeus must have felt the need to take some power back from Poseidon, because he unleashed nature's fury. The heavens opened wide and spilled forth a deluge.

We, along with about a gazillion other people, pretty much ran to the train station. We were SOAKED. Except for X. His poncho that he wore on Jurassic Park was stuffed into the top of my purse and I was able to get it out for him. The rest of us weren't so lucky, because the other ponchos were at the bottom of my bag, still in their original packaging and I couldn't get to them at the moment.

We finally *sort of* got under the roof part of the train station where the TM was scanning P2P tickets. I hand her mine and she says, "Could you wipe it off? It's a little wet."

Could you wipe it off. It's a little wet.

Seriously?

It is raining so hard you can't see across the walkway, yes, it's a little wet. Guess what? Every part of me was "a little wet". I was soaked through.

Can you imagine the death glare and the colorful phrases bouncing around in my head???

Carrying on...

We got into the station and in line for the train. We took the Hogwart's Express back to London, and by the time we got there, the rain had pretty much stopped. We picked up L's robes, and an animal X wanted from the Magical Menagerie. We still had to get our chocolate frogs, and I wanted to find a HP souvenir for myself. I was frustrated with the crowds and the people at that moment. It was extremely crowded in Diagon Alley, and every time I tried to look at something, another guest would shove in front of me. At one point, a woman grabbed something out of my hand, because "Sorry, it's the last one left and my daughter really wants it."

I might be able to understand why people get into fist fights at theme parks, LOL!!

I was so taken aback that I just stood there with my arm out like the hoodie hanger was still in my hand, with my mouth hanging open and my eyes bugged out. I was too shocked to react. When I came back to my senses I told DH I couldn't deal with it, and I'd meet him outside of King's Cross. I was pretty upset.

DH and the boys got the chocolate frogs from Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, and I left Diagon Alley. I never did get a souvenir from either section of the Wizarding World.

They came out to join me, and we said goodbye to Number 12 Grimmauld Place

Kreacher appears in the window, and we saw him, but I never managed to time a photo just right to catch him.

We moved on to something we were all looking forward too: Men in Black!

I don't have any pictures because I had to put my stuff in a locker, but DH got one at least:

Express Pass came in handy here as well.

The cars seat 6, and we had two high school or college aged girls with us. I hated them. They were making fun of me, complaining they were stuck with us, and commenting on my weight. I looked over and told them I might be fat but I was not deaf, and they shut up. All of my restraint was just gone at that point, and I couldn't keep quiet.

We had a lot of fun on this ride (aside from the bleepity bleep bleep bleepers riding with us), but at the end I was like, "For the love of God, PUH-LEEZE stop with the spinning!!" Forbidden Journey really did a number on me I guess, and I never quite recovered that day.

My score was not awesome.

That's ok.

I need to end here. Next up is a part of the park we were VERY ANXIOUS to get to. Do you know what it is??

More soon!!

That must've been so scary losing your passes! I'm sorry the workers weren't more helpful :( But glad it all worked out and were able to get them reissued!

Meeting the raptor sounds like such a fun thing to do!

Ugh, riding with snarky girls sounds awful. I'm sorry you had to deal with that, how rude! Also, the lady snatching the item from your hand? What in the world? What is WITH people! Hope the rest of your day was better!

That's so horrible. I'm so sorry you had so many bad experiences in one day! You are beautiful and don't let any snotty teenagers try to tell you otherwise.

I'm sorry you had to endure so many rude people on that day. Your response to those lovely young ladies was perfect. Hopefully they'll think twice before saying something like that again.

I love photos that convey pure joy like the ones of your boys on the Caro-Seuss-El.

Express Pass appears to be the way to go at Universal! Is the only way to get one by staying on property?

That must've been so scary losing your passes! I'm sorry the workers weren't more helpful :( But glad it all worked out and were able to get them reissued!

Meeting the raptor sounds like such a fun thing to do!

The raptor thing was pretty neat. It moves fairly realistically, and "jumps" at you from time to time to get a reaction. The handler was my favorite part, you could tell he was LOVING his job, and he was a decent actor.

Great trip report. Can't wait to read the rest.

thank you!!

Ugh, riding with snarky girls sounds awful. I'm sorry you had to deal with that, how rude! Also, the lady snatching the item from your hand? What in the world? What is WITH people! Hope the rest of your day was better!

that wasn't the best couple of moments of the day, that's for sure, LOL!! I was about to come unglued.

I could NOT BELIEVE that woman took the hoodie from my hands. I can't even describe the shock properly. It was RIDICULOUS. The mean girls...eh. At least they had the decency to look embarrassed :-):-)

That's so horrible. I'm so sorry you had so many bad experiences in one day! You are beautiful and don't let any snotty teenagers try to tell you otherwise.

Aw, thanks! :hug:

this day was very tough in spots, but it was worth doing! I kind of felt like I was on the Truman Show or something, or candid camera, and the host was like, What can we do to them next??

But we really did have fun!

I'm sorry you had to endure so many rude people on that day. Your response to those lovely young ladies was perfect. Hopefully they'll think twice before saying something like that again.

I love photos that convey pure joy like the ones of your boys on the Caro-Seuss-El.

Express Pass appears to be the way to go at Universal! Is the only way to get one by staying on property?

I was shocked at the rude people there that day. I know a lot of members of the board complain about rude people at Disney, but I've honestly never seen anything like what we experienced at US/IOA. I don't know what it was??

I loved those pictures too! My oldest totally lost his preteen angst in the Seuss area and it was awesome!

Express Passes worked out GREAT for us! Especially because we only had one day to do both parks. You can buy them in advance or at the parks if you aren't staying onsite, but the price varies by time of year, and even by day of the week that you're using them. For us, it was cheaper to get a room and get them for "free", than to just add them on to our tickets. For the day that we went, I think it was over $100 a day EACH to add them to the ticket. We saved over $100 by getting the room at Royal Pacific, which seems crazy to me! But the high cost of them was due to it being a Friday in July, because other days of the week were less for the EPs.

At one point, a woman grabbed something out of my hand, because "Sorry, it's the last one left and my daughter really wants it."

They were making fun of me, complaining they were stuck with us, and commenting on my weight.
Absolutely appalling!!! Seriously some "people's" behaviour is just embarrassing for the entire race. Hope your day picked up!

Wow what a rough afternoon! People can be so rude! I can't believe that woman snatched the item right out of your hand! And making fun of your weight (when btw you're so not fat) is just disgusting, I'm glad you said something to them!

Enjoying your TR a lot, especially your experiences at Universal!
Still weighing up whether I take a day out of our Disney plans to head there.....not sure my 6yr old will get much out of it.
Looking forward to the next instalment :)

SOOOOOOO excited to read your Universal review. I had been planning to purchase the VIP tour for our visit in February, just to make sure that we could get the very most out of our short visit, but now I'm thinking that maybe we too should get a room at the Royal Pacific, make the best of the Express Passes, and maybe spend 1 1/2 days there, instead of squeezing it all into one. It'll mean a half day less at WDW, but I'm very tempted. Plus, it would save us money over purchasing the VIP tour. :)

I can't believe you had so much yuckiness happen to you. You sound like a trooper though and just head your head high:D Good for you! I love all the pictures and can't wait to see more!

Absolutely appalling!!! Seriously some "people's" behaviour is just embarrassing for the entire race. Hope your day picked up!

I'm just going to blame their bad behavior on like...brain eating amoebas or something. Maybe they took a dip in Bay Lake before going over to Universal, LOL!

Wow what a rough afternoon! People can be so rude! I can't believe that woman snatched the item right out of your hand! And making fun of your weight (when btw you're so not fat) is just disgusting, I'm glad you said something to them!

I say I win the day for not snapping and ending up on the news, LOL!! I'm just glad the girls had the decency to look embarrassed after I said that. I didn't even say it in a mean way, just very calm and matter of factly. They were totally caught off guard. Good! They deserved to feel bad in that moment. It was uncalled for.

Enjoying your TR a lot, especially your experiences at Universal!
Still weighing up whether I take a day out of our Disney plans to head there.....not sure my 6yr old will get much out of it.
Looking forward to the next instalment :)

Personally, I don't think *I'd* bring a 6 year old, BUT it depends on height and willingness to go on rides. The majority of attractions have a thrill factor, but it depends on the child. My oldest doesn't care for thrills, and he sat out on several rides with DH, but he enjoyed what he did do! There are some really fun things to see and look at there, and if we return, it will be at a MUCH slower time of year so we can get more out of it.

SOOOOOOO excited to read your Universal review. I had been planning to purchase the VIP tour for our visit in February, just to make sure that we could get the very most out of our short visit, but now I'm thinking that maybe we too should get a room at the Royal Pacific, make the best of the Express Passes, and maybe spend 1 1/2 days there, instead of squeezing it all into one. It'll mean a half day less at WDW, but I'm very tempted. Plus, it would save us money over purchasing the VIP tour. :)

It was tough cramming everything into one day, but we did not take a break. Once we got started, we just kept plowing through. That's not our normal touring style on days that hot!
In February, your crowds will be lower most likely (depending on when in Feb you're going...if you're going on a holiday weekend, be prepared!), so it won't be as bad.

I definitely, 1000% recommend getting the EPs. It's worth it.

I can't believe you had so much yuckiness happen to you. You sound like a trooper though and just head your head high:D Good for you! I love all the pictures and can't wait to see more!

It was a rough day in spots! Thankfully there were plenty of good moments along the way too...but when you're in the middle of a bad moment, it's hard to focus on anything else.
More coming soon!!

Hi again!!

I'll try my best to finish up the US/IOA section tomorrow.

Tonight is back to school night at L's elementary....AND my first showing as PTA President in an official capacity. All week I've been working like crazy getting props ready for a photobooth/selfie station area idea I came up with (why?? why did I think we needed to do this??), approving t-shirt designs, sending and answering about 50,000,000,000 emails, writing up new membership forms and "Why should I join the PTA?" letters...

If I mention running for Middle School PTO office next year, remind me how crazy things were this year please.

Speaking of Middle School, X had his open house for his first year at MS on Tuesday. It was so overwhelming to me. The teachers were talking and all I'm hearing is

They start school on Monday and I don't know if I'm glad for a day of quiet, or terrified.

Talk to you all again tomorrow!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter