Your thoughts on my planned ADRs PLEASE??

julluvsdisney

"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're f
So I am less than a month out from my 180+10 day mark and I am trying to finalize my adr plans. Please give me your input! Some we have been to some are new for us this time!!

Day 1
Planet hollywood early dinner

Day 2
Ohanas dinner

Day 3
1900 park fare Dinner (NEW)

Day 4
Whispering Canyon Cafe Breakfast (new)
Spirit of aloha (New)

Day 5
Captins Grille dinner (NEW)

Day 6
1900 park fare breakfast
Le Cellier Dinner(NEW)
sub for Le Cellier (due to the high demand) Les Chefs De France (NEW)

Day 7
Crystal Palace breakfast (new)

Let me know how you think I did!! TIA:goodvibes

So I am less than a month out from my 180+10 day mark and I am trying to finalize my adr plans. Please give me your input! Some we have been to some are new for us this time!!

Day 1
Planet hollywood early dinner

Day 2
Ohanas dinner

Day 3
1900 park fare Dinner (NEW)

Day 4
Whispering Canyon Cafe Breakfast (new)
Spirit of aloha (New)

Day 5
Captins Grille dinner (NEW)

Day 6
1900 park fare breakfast
Le Cellier Dinner(NEW)
sub for Le Cellier (due to the high demand) Les Chefs De France (NEW)

Day 7
Crystal Palace breakfast (new)

A lot of people knock Planet Hollywood but it has become a tradition for us to eat dinner there on our arrival night. Never had any complaints - good food, good service.

I've only eaten at Ohana for breakfast so far, but it's on our schedule for dinner when we go in October...I've heard very good things about it.

Captain's Grille is also on our schedule for this year, but we will be going for breakfast.

Crystal Palace is great! My only complaint is that it's a bit cramped feeling.

We went to the Spirit of Aloha dinner show several years ago...in 2004. I wasn't all that impressed, however it was the middle of July and I wasn't all that impressed with much of anything because I was so miserable due to the heat! In retrospect, the food was good and the show was entertaining.

A lot of people knock Planet Hollywood but it has become a tradition for us to eat dinner there on our arrival night. Never had any complaints - good food, good service.

I've only eaten at Ohana for breakfast so far, but it's on our schedule for dinner when we go in October...I've heard very good things about it.

Captain's Grille is also on our schedule for this year, but we will be going for breakfast.

Crystal Palace is great! My only complaint is that it's a bit cramped feeling.

We went to the Spirit of Aloha dinner show several years ago...in 2004. I wasn't all that impressed, however it was the middle of July and I wasn't all that impressed with much of anything because I was so miserable due to the heat! In retrospect, the food was good and the show was entertaining.

We love PH!! I always get the L.A. Lasagna! yummy so good!! We go everytime!
You will love Ohanas! So good!! bread pudding!!!

We love PH!! I always get the L.A. Lasagna! yummy so good!! We go everytime!
You will love Ohanas! So good!! bread pudding!!!

That's what I get at PH, too! I love it! I would love some right now! LOL
I'm really excited about dinner at Ohana! I love breakfast there, but I just wanted a change of pace for this trip! I'll definitely remember to try the bread pudding!

I have two young sons and they thoroughly enjoyed Crystal Palace for breakfast last September. I thought that the food was much better than Chef Mickey's breakfast.
We are trying 1900 Park Fare for breakfast this September. I've heard great reviews about it!
Have fun! It looks like you have some GREAT dining choices!

CP for breakfast is awesome! We had great service and an impressive selection of breakfast foods. Didn't the CP just get a re-hab, too?

Chefs de France is one of our hands-down/must do it/ on every trip. I love having a window seat and watching the world go by. The atmosphere is so pleasant--just like a Parisienne cafe and the wait staff has always been super especially when we have a little one in tow. :wizard:

Have a great time planning.

Im very excited for all the new places on the list!!! and of course the faves/ must dos on our list!! I hope I am able to get them!! Only a few more weeks to stress and over think each choice!

Hey there julluvsdisney!

First, this is your vacation so you must do what YOU want to do! I mean no disrespect but I do have some suggestions for your list.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with my fellow DIS Board patrons ... I think Planet HollyWood is kinda boring. If you have never done it before then I'd say try it for the experience but my family and I find our money better spent by visiting the nearby RainForest Cafe or the new T-Rex restaurant. I just find those two to be better themed and more interesting than P.H. ... Again, just my opinion.

Your choice of Ohana for dinner ... Ohhh!:cloud9: LOVE IT! Ohana is my FAVORITE dinner reservation to make!:goodvibes LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT ... BRAVO!!:woohoo:

My only other concern is the Le Cellier reservation. I am ALWAYS hesitant to have people eat in the countries in EPCOT. Why? Because I feel that they are WAY overpriced for what they offer. My family and I have eaten at Le Cellier and honestly ... we were not impressed. The meal ... steak we had was very tasty but not considerably better than let's say a Red Lobster or Black Angus.

I feel that eating in the countries may be an experience but is a great waste of money. For example ... the Japanese Hibachi restaurant in Japan in EPCOT ... if you have the means ... you can go off property to Kobe get more food and a much better show for considerably less than what you'd pay in EPCOT ... and not feel as rushed.

These are just my opinions ... I just want to offer choices. Hope it helps!!!

Take Care & Be Safe!!!

Frank
Disney DieHard

Hey there julluvsdisney!

First, this is your vacation so you must do what YOU want to do! I mean no disrespect but I do have some suggestions for your list.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with my fellow DIS Board patrons ... I think Planet HollyWood is kinda boring. If you have never done it before then I'd say try it for the experience but my family and I find our money better spent by visiting the nearby RainForest Cafe or the new T-Rex restaurant. I just find those two to be better themed and more interesting than P.H. ... Again, just my opinion.

Your choice of Ohana for dinner ... Ohhh!:cloud9: LOVE IT! Ohana is my FAVORITE dinner reservation to make!:goodvibes LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT ... BRAVO!!:woohoo:

My only other concern is the Le Cellier reservation. I am ALWAYS hesitant to have people eat in the countries in EPCOT. Why? Because I feel that they are WAY overpriced for what they offer. My family and I have eaten at Le Cellier and honestly ... we were not impressed. The meal ... steak we had was very tasty but not considerably better than let's say a Red Lobster or Black Angus.

I feel that eating in the countries may be an experience but is a great waste of money. For example ... the Japanese Hibachi restaurant in Japan in EPCOT ... if you have the means ... you can go off property to Kobe get more food and a much better show for considerably less than what you'd pay in EPCOT ... and not feel as rushed.

These are just my opinions ... I just want to offer choices. Hope it helps!!!

Take Care & Be Safe!!!

Frank
Disney DieHard

Hi Disney Diehard!
Firts I love your name!!!!
Planet hollywood we go to for 2 reasons I LOVE LOVE LOVE LA lasagna!! MMM so good and we get the voucher for booking with disney for PH. My DH split the lasagna which is $18 and we have the voucher for $15 the kids get a little meal each for like 5 each so the bill comes to about $20 after the voucher. Not bad for disney! we always try to do it the first night before we totally get sucked in by the disney magic!!

as far as Le cellier if I wasnt on the dining plan I prob wouldnt do this meal OOP. but since we are on the dining plan I dont mind goingto eat expensive meals on property becaus eI feel like Im getting my moneys worth lol!

I all of the places make for a very yummy trip!!!

Day 1
Planet hollywood early dinner It's pretty good. Just standard burger fare, but good :)

Day 2
Ohanas dinner I haven't personally been here, but from what I have read, its very good :)
Day 3
1900 park fare Dinner (NEW) I have only been here for breakfast, but I hear dinner is equally as good. They have Cinderella and Prince Charming on a dancefloor and your children can dance with them. I have heard you must try the Strawberry Soup :)

Day 4
Whispering Canyon Cafe Breakfast (new) I don't know about breakfast, but dinner was great. LOTS and LOTS of meat at this place :)Spirit of aloha (New) This is a great show. Very fun and exciting to watch. The food is great too. I would hope it would be for the price they charge for this place! :scared1:

Day 5
Captins Grille dinner (NEW) I haven't personally done this, but I've heard its good :)
Day 6
1900 park fare breakfast Very good! The character interaction is great too. They have Mary Poppins, Alice, Mad Hatter, Pooh, and Tigger :)
Le Cellier Dinner(NEW) I haven't personally been here (reservations are very hard to come by), but I'm sure you've read all the hype about it. :)
sub for Le Cellier (due to the high demand) Les Chefs De France (NEW)I've heard the meals here are kind of hit or miss. It depends on which dish you get.

Day 7
Crystal Palace breakfast (new) This is one of the best character meals on property. The character interaction is wonderful and the food is wonderful. GREAT choice :)

My comments in red. :)

My comments in red. :)

thanks for your imput!!! Im glad ive gotten some positive comments about my choices im afraid to mess it up for my group lol. we are a bunch of foodies but im the planner in the group so everyone just says "We trust you pick what u think is best" too much pressure lol

thanks for your imput!!! Im glad ive gotten some positive comments about my choices im afraid to mess it up for my group lol. we are a bunch of foodies but im the planner in the group so everyone just says "We trust you pick what u think is best" too much pressure lol

No problem! Good luck! :)

Definitely save room for the yummy bread pudding at Ohana's. When we went we were so stuffed we barely had room to enjoy it! We strolled back by the kitchen and they gave us the recipe! I still haven't attempted to bake it at home, but I'm going in December and can't wait to savor every bite and even ask for seconds!!

Enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter