Your secret revealed about the disney dining plan

Can you get the character mugs with the slushies in them at Goofy's as a snack credit?

Thanks!

We have left TS and CS credit on the table both of our previous times on DDP, so I plan on treating people to CS next trip! I never leave snack credits -- they're too easy to use!

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

I forgot to leave this as one of my tips. We had 4 extra CS on departure day. We used 2 to get some snacks from the foodcourt to bring on the plane...the other 2...we scouted around in the lobby for a family just checking into the resort. We asked if they were on the Dining plan or had plans for dinner. When the answer was no...we gave them ds's room key (no charging priv) and told them it had 2 CS credits left on it if they would be interested and like to use them at the foodcourt here at the hotel, or some other CS place. (I made sure they understood the diff between TS and CS and they were up on it all) The wife started to cry. The husband was so nice. It made our day...and theirs!:love:

okay...i am taking in all of these secrets but i have a question!

i am not trying to cheat the system but after 6 days in the hot parks and kids in all directions i will need some help!!!! we have 4 adults and 2 kids according to the dining plan...are the credits listed separately as adult and children or just as TS, CS, & snacks...i need to know so i can keep track of credits when the older kids are off on their own...:hippie:

okay...i am taking in all of these secrets but i have a question!

i am not trying to cheat the system but after 6 days in the hot parks and kids in all directions i will need some help!!!! we have 4 adults and 2 kids according to the dining plan...are the credits listed separately as adult and children or just as TS, CS, & snacks...i need to know so i can keep track of credits when the older kids are off on their own...:hippie:

I don't know the answer to the adult vs. child credits, but I remember that everytime we used a credit, the receipt would print up the number of credits left for your family on the bottom of every receipt. It was our way to double check that they were using up our dining credits & not just charging to our room. HTH! :)

are the credits listed separately as adult and children
Here is the relevant portion of the Dining Plan brochure:

ChildAndAdultCredits.JPG

So while you don't need to be methodical about keeping track, you should aim to use credits in proportion to how they're allocated. Disney helps with the TS credits, by keeping track of the allocation for you and preventing you from using more of either category than you're allowed. For CS credits, you're on the honor system. There is no child vs. adult issues with snack credits.

DH & I are going in September because of the free DDP, can't pass up a great deal. We have never had the DDP. Here is where I'm confused :confused3, o.k. the older I get the more senior moments I have, don't you have to get your cs dessert at the place you eat, or you can save the dessert part for a snack and get it somewhere else?
Nope - they won't do that. They might make a note on your receipt so you could come back and pick up the dessert later, esp. if it's ice cream.

They will hold your dessert from your CS for later on (at Pop anyway). All you do is tell them you want, let's say, 2 sundaes----they will put it on your receipt and you just show up later at the ice cream counter--place your order and the girl will rip the receipt in half (so that you're unable to do it again).

There is no differentiality on the receipt as far as CS's goes with children and adults....BUT, we were told by a CM that the computer knows you are getting a children's meal vs. an adult meal.

You only need to show 1 DDP/Room key card for everybody in your family. The CM's break down the receipts according to adult and childrens meals and it will show you how many credits you have left for each.

We were asked each time at the snack counters if we wanted a room charge or was it DDP--so be sure to specify if you want a snack credit used. Also, a lot of the carts were unable to take the DDP card because they had to handwrite it on paper and it seemed to cramp their style. In fact at one place we ordered a popsicle for my son and it never did show up as coming off our list of snack credits. It seems very confusing for the CM's.

You only need to show 1 DDP/Room key card for everybody in your family. The CM's break down the receipts according to adult and childrens meals and it will show you how many credits you have left for each.

were a party of 10 3 rooms of 3a,3a,3a+1c we can only order whats on card.so when we go for a TS meal we have to hand in 3 keys,one from each room with 3a,3a,3a+1c all from differnt rooms.all booked together paid by me
Paulh

So are only the TS credits are divided up as adult and child? Not the CS credits? That's the only part that really confuses me.

What if my DD isn't hungry or taking a nap when we want to have a CS meal? How do we keep track of how many child CS credit are left vs. adult CS credits?

So are only the TS credits are divided up as adult and child? Not the CS credits? That's the only part that really confuses me.

What if my DD isn't hungry or taking a nap when we want to have a CS meal? How do we keep track of how many child CS credit are left vs. adult CS credits?

We just got home yesterday, and I'm still confused about it........ :)

The only thing I saw divided differently on our receipts were TS credits. You get a separate receipt for Child TS, and a separate one for Adult. We had to sign 2 slips each time (1 slip for 2 adults and 1 for child).

The CS receipt is only 1 receipt and for us (we were 2 a and 1 c), it would just say 3 CS credits used. There was no way to keep track of them separately---and to tell you the truth, I don't think it mattered if you used all adult or all child.....they never told us we couldn't use any of our CS credits because we had no adults or no child credits left.

You don't have to keep up with them, the CS are all pooled together.

The DDP police here will say you should carry a notebook and keep track meal for meal. We just use them and don't worry about it. There are several times we might even split a meal between people.

I do carry a notebook to keep track of things I want to remember for my TR. Naturally it is Disney Themed. :rotfl2:

What I did last trip was divide up the back cover into three sections, one for TS, CS and snacks and make a mark for each one I was to receive. As I used them I drew a circle around the mark so I could tell how many I had left.

I keep those notebooks in my scrapbooks. Makes for fun reading decades later especially. One comment from one vacation noted spending $15 for two rooms (both) and my comment was that they were not worth the 'big bucks'. :laughing:

Slightly Goofy

I do carry a notebook to keep track of things I want to remember for my TR. Naturally it is Disney Themed. :rotfl2:

What I did last trip was divide up the back cover into three sections, one for TS, CS and snacks and make a mark for each one I was to receive. As I used them I drew a circle around the mark so I could tell how many I had left.

I keep those notebooks in my scrapbooks. Makes for fun reading decades later especially. One comment from one vacation noted spending $15 for two rooms (both) and my comment was that they were not worth the 'big bucks'. :laughing:

Slightly Goofy

Now, that is very interesting!!! :banana: I love that idea, I never thought of that angle - thanks!!!! :love:

RACHELSMOM1, I am happy that you found my idea interesting. I have learned much from others. Sharing ideas is what life is about. I do not take every suggestion but it pays to listen. (this is what I tell my kids when giving them advice too) :laughing:

SG/Linda

Slightly Goofy

That is too funny! My mom told me that when we stayed @ FW campground in the seventies, my Dad had a fit because it was $5/night and they were used to paying only $1 at our usual campground here on the lake! She just about fell over when I told her the price now.:lmao:

We were told more than once that only one item up to $4.00. In other words we could not get a donut and a cup of coffee. You also can not get food items that would be considered a meal, like a hot dog.

I got Figaro fries @ Pinocchio's Village Haus @ MK. Yummy lunch for a snack credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter