• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your secret revealed about the disney dining plan

At Cosmic Rays one of the meal choices is 1/2 a chicken and a slab of ribs, lots of food for a CS. Another good place to get good value for a CS is Pepper Market(I know people write negative things but we have always had good meals here). You can get a steak or prime rib dinner for a CS credit. You sit at a table and the waitress refills your soda.:)

WE did this twice the chicken and the ribs and split it! At AK bBQ tree they had the same meal there too, and split it there as well, worked out great!

Do you have a secret or a tip about using the disney dining plan? Have you found a spectacular deal using a snack credit? Have you used your DDP credits creatively or is there a goodie out there in the parks, resorts, etc. that we wouldn't normally think of purchasing (esp. snack credits!)

Put your hearty-eating 2 year old on the DDP as a 3 year old. I know I would have bought all that food for him anyway and paid out of pocket... so I know I saved money.

One more....

When making DDP reservations at a resort restaurant that only does dinner, check if they have extended their offerings to lunch. Some have to accomodate the multitudes on the DDP.

Just wanted to say we've transported alcohol on almost every vacation we've been on. If the alcohol you want doesn't come in a plastic bottle, just empty (or drink) a plastic bottle of water & then re-fill it with the booze. Put the lid on nice & tight & make sure you label it with a Sharpie so you don't accidently take it to the park as that day's water! We've never had a spill in our luggage & we love enjoying a nice rum & Coke in our room whenever we feel like it, instead of having to go walk somewhere for a drink. Mmmmm.... Parrot Bay & cherry Coke. Yummy!

Ok I remember the coffee in the food courts as pretty bad. Can anyone tell me if the coffee at the BC marketplace is good? We love coffee and it doesn't have to be starbucks all the time, but it does need to taste good.
Thanks.:coffee:

happytogo, i just saw your locations: new jerky. hilarious!! we say we're from pennsyltucky:rotfl2:

Just wanted to say we've transported alcohol on almost every vacation we've been on. If the alcohol you want doesn't come in a plastic bottle, just empty (or drink) a plastic bottle of water & then re-fill it with the booze. Put the lid on nice & tight & make sure you label it with a Sharpie so you don't accidently take it to the park as that day's water! We've never had a spill in our luggage & we love enjoying a nice rum & Coke in our room whenever we feel like it, instead of having to go walk somewhere for a drink. Mmmmm.... Parrot Bay & cherry Coke. Yummy!

LOL! I thought you were talking about bringing it with you into the parks! I'm thinking that's someone who really likes a drink during their touring. But then I figured it out.

Last yr we were able to do some substitutions at CS places. We ordered smoothies w/ our sandwiches and no dessert. yummy!

Last yr we also split many CS and TS meals. No problem what-so-ever. Our kids always ate from the children's menu, when available, but at that time, you couldn't descern between adult and child credits. So at one place we ate 2A, 1C and did that again another night. A third night we ate 1A, 1C. Now, I guess it would have to be 2A, 1C one night and 1A, 2C the other with the third meal being 1A, 1C (for a total or 4A credits and 4 Child credits) That's a loophole I'll miss.

We are paying for DDP this yr and I"m looking forward to snacking around the world during the F&W festival. Does anyone know if I can use a CS credit and get say 2 lobster rolls vs. 1 Snack credit for a single roll? Or kabobs or whatever. Just wondering if they'll accept CS credits and give you more.

Thanks!

subscribing

Subscribing

:cool1: subscribing :cool1:

subscribing

OK I have to tell you all that you don't have to post "subcribing" to subscribe.
At the top of the thread is a button called "thread tools" and you can subscribe there.

When I see a that there are new posts on one of my subscribed threads, I get so excited then I click on it only to find that its just somebody "subscribing"

It's kind of a let down.

Maybe its just a pet peeve of mine, but I doubt I'm the only one.

OK I have to tell you all that you don't have to post "subcribing" to subscribe.
At the top of the thread is a button called "thread tools" and you can subscribe there.

Not subscribing. Well actually I am ...

I don't have any secrets, but I don't obsess over using the plan. The best way to use it for me is to eat where and when I want to and not really worry about anything other than TS credits which I generally have ADRs for anyhow.

We have left TS and CS credit on the table both of our previous times on DDP, so I plan on treating people to CS next trip! I never leave snack credits -- they're too easy to use!

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter