Your predictions for the future of DDP

icc2515

DIS Veteran
There have been a lot of changes to the DDP. What do you think the future holds. I say the next thing to go will be the snack credits. They have already dropped the QS from 2 to 1 per day.

We always pay for the Dining plan, we mostly eat at buffets and character meals. It does save us money, but not nearly as much anymore.

I don't think it's a given that things will always be removed, and not added, in the future. For 2012, the QSDP lost 1 snack per night, but basic DDP also gained the resort mug.

It's going to come down to Disney trying to juggle the inclusions and the price point so that the plans still appeal to guests, while maximizing their own profits. (Right now, you can no longer expect to save big bucks on a dining plan -- it's more of a convenience factor than for savings.) So in that respect, some things may be added or removed to account for the various price point changes.

I agree with them adding and removing to appeal to the most number of guests.

IMO the QS was much better than the regular DDP b/c it allowed 2 meals and 2 snacks and for our family that's a big deal. If we had free dining we'd be more likely to stay value to get the QS - however if paying OOP then we'd just get QS vs regular DDP.

That being said b/c our daily likes to eat - a lot. We get DxDP each trip. even using a few credits for QS here and there we save a heck of a lot of money. Of course that being said if we paid OOP and only ate QS we'd save even more b/c the cost for us to eat nothing but QS would be roughly what we pay in gratuities. Which brings me back to the first year of DDp - gratuities were included back then.

We were told many times over that trip not to leave a tip unless it was over 18% because as long as we didn't leave one the server automatically received one from DDP - not so anymore. Over the years we've seen the most change from the regular DDP than any other tier. I think they just caught the QSDP up to reflect the 'not as good as' status compared to the DDP. DxDP is still better and then the next two tiers are even better in quality and service.

And as Disney is pushing those upper tiers of MYW, they'll drop the quality of the other tiers. A few trips ago we'd walk into a place with DxDP and we'd get a lot of extra service - a full plate for our toddler - an extra appetizer b/c we couldn't decide, free drinks etc. Now only certain places do that (and I think they remember us :rotfl2:) There are still some perks. WE dinned at a certain establishment for 2 TS credits and asked a question about something that we knew wasn't allowed, they said just a moment checked our card and said 'sure, you're DxDP, we'll allow it'.

I doubt we'll ever get a higher tier of MYW - the cost is just too much for things we're not likely to enjoy - but FOOD - now food we'll pay for;)

I believe they will stay the way they are for awhile, but the price will keep going up every year. There was a large price increase on the plans that include TS in 2012, I would look for a smaller increase next year, and maybe a price increase on the quick service plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!