• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Your opinion: How much do you think the rennovated CR rooms will cost?

ptrbryant

DIS Veteran
Wow! Looking at photos of the newly rennovated rooms at the Contemporary make me think of staying there for the 1st time (though DS9 has always wanted to stay there.) I know right now, the CR is the least expensive Deluxe after WL and AKL...do you think it would stay that way? Even with the rennovations, I tend to think that GF, Poly, BC, YC and BW will still be higher, but maybe that's wishful thinking!
Any other opinions?

Also, are there any spots at the CR that are actually relaxing and restful?

Karla B. :sunny: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :sunny:

Why do you think that CR is going to become more expensive after renovations?

Other resorts have received renovations with no increase in rates.

I think there will be a increase say when 2006 rates come. to me this is a major overhaul (by looking at the pictures).....

Brooke :flower:

These are the 2006 rates for the Contemporary. On average, it appears the rates increased by only $10 per night

Standard Wing
$249,Value Season
$279, Regular Season
$329, Peak Season
$375, Holiday Season

Garden View Wing
$290,Value Season
$325, Regular Season
$375, Peak Season
$415, Holiday Season

Tower
$355,Value Season
$390, Regular Season
$460, Peak Season
$500, Holiday Season

Tower Club
$456, Value Season
$525, Regular Season
$595, Peak Season
$675, Holiday Season

But the renovations will not be completed for about a year to ? I agree, flat screen tv's etc.. . IMHO, They will most likely be going up. I think the poly is going up too. (with there renovations too). If you think, we have been paying these outrageous prices for some of these rooms compared to what you can get off site, or in other cities for the same money, Yes they are gonna go up, maybe not in 2006, but 2007 will show for sure one way or the other. I hope I'm wrong.

mky princess:

mkymouse4ever said:
But the renovations will not be completed for about a year to ? I agree, flat screen tv's etc.. . IMHO, They will most likely be going up. I think the poly is going up too. (with there renovations too). If you think, we have been paying these outrageous prices for some of these rooms compared to what you can get off site, or in other cities for the same money, Yes they are gonna go up, maybe not in 2006, but 2007 will show for sure one way or the other. I hope I'm wrong.

mky princess:

I have to agree here too. They are producing some major updates and "overhauling." This isn't about just slapping on new shower heads and tossing in some coffee makers. It looks prety "swanky" and I bet the new price tag will match. What a shame too. Glad our family had a chance to enjoy it while it was still "affordable" ($160 for SGW and upgraded for free to Tower).

The CR rates are of course high anyway, but we booked there for this coming January and the tower room was $345 a night, the same as last year. Hopefully, nothing will change before we go.

Ouch! HOLY, R U ALL MILLIONAIRES OR SOMETHING???

I also have ALWAYS wanted to be on the monorail resort trail. But AK & WL r absolutely stunning and then when I look at the $100's more A NIGHT I get all skeered :earseek:

I could NEVER figure out why someone would pay such high fees for such old run down rooms. When I saw the NEW rooms in CR I was in HEAVEN :cloud9: I thought to myself NOW THAT IS WORTH $249 a night :cheer2:

I guess these places r too rich for me. I hope they keep the new rooms for $249 + please, I'm saving to hopefully experience this one day... My luck just when I can afford it? They will go up to $400 a night or something crazy like that :earseek:

Sure hope not.
:flower:

I don't imagine the rooms rates will be going up any more than normal yearly increases. If they were looking for a way to cover cost of renovation maybe we will see less discounts for those rooms in the future. But think about this. Rack rate during value season is $249. People do pay rack rate. Those renovations will pay for themselves quickly with people paying rack rate. Think about this too, yes there are some expensive changes in the rooms, the flat screen TV's and such, but I doubt Disney paid retail on anything. Im sure buying in bulk they got quite a discount.

My only concern with the renovations is how hard it will be to get a discounted room now. Even if the same numbers of discounts come out..I'm sure they will book up fast :).

Take Care
Jamie

the Contemporary will be trying to attract Convention again - BIG TIME.

So yes I would say the rates would go up - but again it depends upon how well they attract the conventions.

the new rooms are definitely an improvement.

I think after the rehab the rooms will be in the same range as the Polyn
value season 314 to 410 - probably 500 tower club.

U mean you don't pay rack rates??? I have been going to Disney 7 years in a row and I could NEVER find a deal at poly or contemp???? MAN, I must have done something wrong. no fair :sad2:

I'm going to chalk it up to us going during peak periods and possibly deals r to be had during off seasons? or passholders? :listen:

eculmone said:
U mean you don't pay rack rates??? I have been going to Disney 7 years in a row and I could NEVER find a deal at poly or contemp???? MAN, I must have done something wrong. no fair :sad2:

I'm going to chalk it up to us going during peak periods and possibly deals r to be had during off seasons? or passholders? :listen:

We go during the Florida resident rate specials only. (There are also AP and AAA discounts)

eculmone said:

All of my on site stays I have only paid rack rate once. And that was my 1997 at the All Star Music. It was the first trip I booked myself and I got a package (shudder :) ). There would be no way we could stay at the deluxe's paying rack rate. My only deluxe trip that was close to rack rate was the November 2004 Poly stay. 4 days at annual pass rate and 2 at AAA rate. All others have been Annual pass rates. Yes because of discount rate rooms booking up fast I have had to change my original choice of hotel from time to time, but I have always got a resort and rate that I was happy with :).

One hint, when discount rates come out call as soon as you can. Book something that will make you happy even if its not your first choice. Then keep calling. I have seen days, weeks and months later something open up. Also have the check partial dates. You might find you can get some days at a discounted rate and the rest at rack. Good luck on your future bookings :)

Take Care
Jamie

CrazyChristie416 said:
I hope they were planning on eliminating the motion sensored AC with rennovations.

Crystal ::MinnieMo

I second that!!! We HATE waking up HOT!!!! :faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter